what exactly is the harddrive used for? i have my original xbox with a 320gig ... Stackers' Lounge forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

XBOX 360 20 gig or 60 gig

Advertisement

what exactly is the harddrive used for?

i have my original xbox with a 320gig harddrive. my mp3s go there, so do my dvd's

my brother has the base xbox360 and uses an MU with it and has not filled it yet...

so if money wasnt a factor, based on the above comments, would it be better for me to get

XBox 360 Core Arcade Bundle
    Xbox 360 with 20 gig Harddrive - White
    Xbox 360 with 60 gig Harddrive - White
    Xbox 360 Elite with 120gig Harddrive - Black

i LOVE the black housing the elite comes with. i also see that it comes with HDMI cable. My local gamestop rep says he has proof that the HDMI cable is for nothing more than convenience, that the HiDef cable provides the same results, its just messier. the console would more than likely be bought and used with
    Samsung LN40A550 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

and
    Samsung HT-Z515T 5.1-Channel 5 Disc Home Theater Surround Sound System (Set of Seven, Black)

i would love to match all the black, and although in this situation money isnt a factor, it kinda is.

so basically my questions is, WHY get the bigger HD, or WHY get the Elite or 60gig over the 20 gig besides hd space. was the rep incorrect about the HDMI port/cable? the reason i ask is id rather have more left over for more controllers etc if theres not a compelling reason to get the Elite or 60 gig

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    o btw, i will most often be playing gta4, halo 3, for now, ive been away from gaming too long to know whats hot,

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    nvm, i got the 20 gig

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Is the HardDrive really necessary to take advantage of HD? I have a friend who has the "base". he was told he needs an HardDrive to take advantage of HD heh

Also, the XBOX harddrive is basically a laptop harddrive with a special housing, is it possible to buy a bigger one and mod/format it to work with an XBOX360
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~