Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by LPTruth Will do and thanks! I won't be retiring for a long ... Stackers' Lounge forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Workout Routines?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by LPTruth View Post
    Will do and thanks!

I won't be retiring for a long time, but a move to Cali is possible soon! I have an interview in Pasadena to schedule for sometime in Feb or March.
    Good Luck!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

all weight exercises are 5 sets of 10 and ur comfortable weight

monday 3M treead mill self paced, flat bench , incline bench , 3 sets crunchs, 3 sets side to side

tuesday, 2M eliptical self paced, dumbell curls bicept and tricept, bar bell curls bicept and barbell skull crushers, 3 sets 10 push ups, 3 sets 30 flutter kicks

wedensday 40min stationary bike moderate pace and resistance, military press, cables rowes, lat pull downs, dumbell forward and side raises, 3 sets crunchs, 3 sets side to sides

thursday 2 M fast paced eliptical,flat bench, decline bench, 3 sets 10 push ups and 3 sets 30 flutter kicks
    Friday 1.5M fast treadmill, squats, sitting leg press, 3 sets crunchs, 3 sets side to side
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Here's mine

20 Minute Cardio before weight training.

Monday- Chest, Bicep, abs

Tuesday- Legs, (hamstring, quad, calves)

Wednesday- Back and Tricep, abs

Thursday- Deltoids and Traps

Friday- Rest

Saturday- Rest

Sunday- Basketball

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Monday- Shoulders and Abs with 40 mins of cardio or more
    Tuesday- Chest, arms and Calves and 40 mins of cardio or more
    Weds- off day
    Thursday- 40-60 mins of cardio
    Friday-Back and Abs and 40 mins or more of cardio
    Saturday- Legs and Calves and 40 mins or more of cardio
    Sunday- off day

Between this AND eating right is a good program for me. My girl well, ex, is on this routine and a strict diet and she has dropped 20 pounds in 6 weeks and had dropped body fat to 12%.

Her friend is training for competitive circuit and she is on the same program. I'm not going all out but sticking with this program and upping the weights and cardio as I go along.
    Last edited by rabbie303; 12-07-2007 at 03:15 AM.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Here is what my trainer gave me..
    CHEST
    Bench press 3 sets 20- 30 reps 40 LBS to start
    Incline bench press 3 sets 15-20 reps
    The weight is 20 lbs now if to light go up 5 lbs
    Cable crossover 3 sets 20 reps with 10 lbs go up if light to 20
    LEGS
    Squat 3 sets 20-30 reps, use bar to start
    ok bar is placed over the upper back NOT THE NECK
    legs spaced apart 8inches
    feet angled
    go down past parallel then come up
    Leg extension 3 sets of 20-30 reps
    Leg curl 3 sets of 15-20 reps

CALVES
    standing calf raise 3 sets of 20 reps

BACK
    Lat pull downs 3 sets 20-30 reps

Close grip pull downs 3 sets 20 reps
    low bar rows (done on the lat pull down or if bally's has a machine for this ) 3 sets 20-30reps

WARM UP
    Cardio 5min

ABS
    shrugs with dumbbells 3 sets 20 reps

SHOULDERS
    BAR FIRST, THEN UP 10LBS
    military press 3 sets 20 reps
    side laterals 3 sets 15-20 reps
    Rear laterals 3 sets 15 reps
    ARMS
    Standing bicep curl 3 sets 20 reps
    Preacher curl 3 sets 20 reps
    TRICEPS

tricep pushdowns 3 sets 30 reps
    tricep pushdowns 3 sets 30 reps

ABS
    stability ball crunches 4 sets 30 reps
    Incline crunches 3 sets 20 reps
    oblique crunches 3 sets 15 reps

MONDAY- CHEST, ABS, CARDIO
    TUESDAY- ARMS, CARDIO
    WEDNESDAY- BACK, ABS
    THURSDAY- SHOULDER, ABS
    FRIDAY- ARMS, CARDIO
    SAT - SUN OFF

This is my major routine my buddy gave me.. for quite awhile, then slowed and switched.. I am 5'7 129-130 Very light. I did this routitne to pretty much tone me after 2 mos of not working out lol.

Right now,

I tweaked and made my own routine.. It varies.. but nothing beats the bootcamp i guess.
    Last edited by xtasyboi_00; 12-07-2007 at 04:55 AM.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

alwaysbelieve1

You gave great pointers!! i checked your website out and man, we are glad to have you here in pinstack!! heck yeah stackerrrrrr!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This is great info! Alwaysbelieve1, I just started boxing classes, & it seems like the best workout of my life! I just wanted to get your opinion on that type of training. I have nothing left when I'm done. I like exercise with a purpose other than just staying in shape! Sports is fun way to stay in shape in my opinion! Running On the b-ball court is so much better than just running in place on a treadmill! So I mix sports in with some weight training! Now if I could just get the right diet, I could reach the best results!

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Dang! Where are the ladies? Good info AlwaysBelieve I will check out your site. Another good site for nutrition and exercises is bodybuildingdotcom. I just changed my routine up a little because I wasn't seeing the result I wanted and recently dropped 15 lbs with 35 to go. I'm struggling with my H2O intake now that it has gotten cold in MI.

Here's my routine:

Monday - 45 Min. Spinning class, Wt. trng (back)
    Tuesday - 45 min. circuit training, wt. trng (bi's, tri's, and chest)
    Wednesday - 1 hour alternate walk/run, wt. trng (legs)
    Thursday - 45 min. circuit training, wt. trng (shoulders)
    Friday - off
    Saturday - 1 hour alternate walk/run
    Sunday - 1 hour alternate walk/run

When you workout longer than a certain time you burn muscle. Your body breaks it down to use it for fuel. When you train sprint intervals your goal is not to burn "X" amount of calories, but rather to stimulate your body to increase your metabolism which will burn more throughout the rest of the day. You will become much leaner.

Look at a picture of Carl Lewis and other sprinters. Their bodies are very lean and muscular. http://www.carllewis.com/

If you look at a marathon runner, like Dan Browne, they have lost a lot of muscle due to their distance running and are still a bit flabby(not over fat) due to the need for storage. http://danbrowne.com/

The more aerobics you do, the more your metabolism slows down and the more
    efficient your body is at storing fat.

Why it works to store fat: Your body will actually use fat as fuel, and learn how to store it in order to make sure it has enough, during cardio exercise over 20 minutes (like when you hear that you should be in the "fat burning zone") which will create the perfect effect that we DON'T want for the other 23 hours of the day - which is fat storing mode.

Yes, your body will adapt to become efficient at storing fat.
    This type of workout will do very little to increase your metabolism either. You'll burn off muscle, decreasing your lean muscle mass, and actually slow down your
    metabolism.

Going to the gym, or hitting the pavement, will ultimately be you spending countless hours doing aerobics, burning off muscle, and turning your body into a fat storing machine! This is a perfect way to gain some body fat!

To get lean and increase your VO2 Max:
    Do interval training instead of steady state aerobics to increase your metabolism
    and get your body revving to burn fat all day long. So, instead of walking or running on a treadmill at the same pace for 30 minutes, you'd walk(or jog) two minutes then run(or sprint) for a minute or two, then walk(or jog) again. Alternate between high and low intensity. You can do the same on an exercise bike or whatever activity you choose. This works extremely well for fat loss! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

To make something a bit clearer I wanted to add that it will improve your overall health to perform steady state cardio workouts, but mixing in bouts of interval training sessions every week will be ideal by showing you optimal results- and much more quickly too as long as your intensity is high.

The interval intensity will be nowhere near the steady state session as you might have heard to maintain a pace where you can hold a conversation. Interval training is much more higher intensity as if performed properly you'll be fighting for air let alone even think about speaking. LOL

Everyone can do this, however it takes a certain individual to truly grasp the entire HIIT(high intensity interval training) principle system and perform it as intended.

Thumbs up Re: Workout Routines?

I was recently asked by one of my clients who has been feeling run down lately and over sore due to not recovering from our workouts as quickly. The question was how to turn that around. I responded by saying: Antioxidants, antioxidants, antioxidants...

Jump start your day with a protein smoothie filled with Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey protein(for it's simplicity and L-Glutamine content), blueberries, Barlean's Flaxseed Oil(from Sprout's or any Whole Foods Market), a banana, 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, and a scoop of Garden Greens Acai Splash(also sold at Sprout's or any Whole Foods Market- this is high in antioxidants as are the berries). Use a water base to keep the sugars down, but this shake has been the staple of my morning diet for years. I love it.

To your best to consistently buy organic foods because you will not get the hormones, chemicals or pesticides put into inorganic foods. Many people think that organic foods cost more money. Yes if you purchase them from your local grocery store, but if you shop at Sprout's, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Henry's, AJ's, etc. you will find that organic shopping can be about the same as inorganic shopping. For me it's far worth it to put the best and most natural foods into my body to keep it healthy. We only have once chance to work on our health and maintain it. It doesn't matter what age you start at just as long as you do.

Maybe you are either not getting enough or even getting too much sleep. Try to structure your body to get no less than 8 hours and no more than 9 and a half. This is vital for recovery as recovery proceeds growth. Your muscles must grow in order to become stronger and keep your metabolism high. That way you are burning more calories throughout the day without even exercising. Isn't that great???!!!

Keep your water intake high. You may think you drink enough until you actually track it. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces a day or more if you need.

Take your Catalyn (whole foods based multivitamin without the binders and fillers associated with other general multis such as one-a-days, centrum's and GNC or grocery brands) at 3 separate times per day along side your Cataplex-B(whole foods B-Complex) from Standard Process. A whole foods multi is very important as we can never be sure if we are getting enough from our diets. Standard Process is essentially freeze dried foods in a pill that when you put it in your body it absorbs it just like getting the foods themselves. Synthetic vitamins are hit or miss and most are wasted in your body. All put what's best in because you're health is worth it and others believe that too.
    Many times when people's energy levels are low they are eating too few healthy fats. If your caloric intake and carb intake is too low you will surely be depleted. Keep your fats higher if your carbs are lower. A great way to do this is by having organic mixed nuts always around. Snack on these anytime, but late at night is perfect if you don't know what to eat.

Be sure to eat PLENTY of green vegetables which will also keep you regular. If you are not absorbing the nutrients then for sure you will be more run down during the day. Eat as close to nature as possible by having fresh foods always and a balance of protein, good carbs, and good fats(coconut oil, olive oil, seed oils, nut oils, fish oils, etc.) in every mean 5-6x per day every 2-3 hours is best for metabolism structuring.

Keep in mind that all this info has been of my opinion through trial, error, client testing, and personal research over the years. Take any supplement and suggestion on your own risk and if you have any questions about anything ask not- necessarily a doctor because they usually don't believe in natural paths- but consult a licensed nutritionist and/or alternative doctor such as a chiropractor or natural path doctor.

I and we here at Synergy Boot Camp hope this helps to bring you closer to great health!

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I don't have a routine.. .I just do it.
    /~*brooke

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    I don't have a routine.. .I just do it.
    You gotta have a plan.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12