see if you'll even be alive then....lol
From Wikipedia: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012)
2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.
Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:
NASA predicts that the Sun will also reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle
- The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
- The book 2012: Mayan Year of Destiny claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by disembodied entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars. However, some Mayan priests living and working in Guatemala assert that there is no legitimacy to this theory.
- The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
- The book The Nostradamus Code speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) that will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
- The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
- The 2005 book Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
- The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.
- The 2007 book Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation into Civilization's End by Lawrence Joseph does not make any specific new predictions, but it reviews a number of 2012 predictions made by various sources, and presents arguments for the possible existence of dangerous positive feedback loops involving solar storms, Earth's magnetic field, cosmic rays, hurricanes, global warming, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes that may be on the verge of erupting.
The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December 2012, a forecast that is considered a mis-interpretation by mainstream Mayanist scholars
Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:
- Terence McKenna's numerological novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.
- Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012. 
This is stuff is freaky deaky in my book. Probably along the lines of "the end is near" kind of stuff, I just think it's very odd that numerous civilizations (Ancient Mayans, Chinese iChing thing, and other future seekers (i saw em on the history channel lol) all point to Global Scale changes coming in 2012. The Mayans are the ones who gave the date of 12/21/2012 (which is also the winter solstice and Nasa claims our magnetic poles are to shift).
If our poles were to shift dramatically, and extremely rapidly, it would cause Global Catastrophic Changes.
Anybody's thoughts on the matter?
Well heck with it. Tomorrow I mortgage my house to the max. I stop paying taxed in 2009, since it'll take at least 2 years for them to figure it out and another year to drag me into court.
I'll stop paying the mortgage in 2011.
w00t! Retirement plan!
If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.
lol i am not one to believe in superstitious stuffs lol the world will end when it will ... so what will it matter ^_^
Damn...could it end on dec 19 so I don't have to turn 33?
i say its all b.s but thats just me. and the fact is. you should try and live everyday like its your last. and by doing so im referring to of course. berrying your head in you blackberry everyone be safe, and if this turns out to be true, im retiring sooon. and i would like a hspda blackberry by then so i can get my goodbyes out to people via blackberry email faster,
I watched a show on the history channel about it also....
YES i watch History channel but ill watch just about anything in HD, lol
Why so late MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Prophecies and predictions without explanation are as old as human race. There are hundred thousands of global catastrophic predictions for year 2000-2004 alone. When they don't occur we quickly dismiss and forget about them, 2012 is no different.
Now on the science part. Suns magnetic field reverses every 10 years or so without much affect on us.
Scientists estimate Earth reverses its magnetic field on average every 200,000 years. The main problem for us is this transition phase which can take years, during which the magnetic field will be significantly low in strength and solar winds will be able to penetrate the earths atmosphere with greater intensity and greater radiation. Good part is will see aurora lights all over the world.
I think the weirdest part is the Mayan Connection. They have had this date for thousands of years. It's just plain odd in my book. Other things in the mix.
from a USA today article (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...aya-2012_n.htm)
"Part of the 2012 mystique stems from the stars. On the winter solstice in 2012, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This means that "whatever energy typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time."
There are just so many things happening on that one specific day its just way to odd not to take notice is all I'm saying (despite the title of thread stating impending doom in on its way...lol)
So lets see all the fun activities planned for the day.
* Annual Winter Solstice to go off like normal, shortest day of the year.
* Some type of magnetic reversal of the sun's magnetic field which happens every 10-20 years.
* The Sun aligning with the center of the Milky Way which happens every 26,000 years.
* Some type of magnetic reversal of Earth's magnetic field which happens every 200,00 years.
* The Mayan Calender Ends
* Buy one burrito, get one free day at Chipotle (currently unconfirmed )
* Possible global awakening to psychic connection (not really sure what that even means)
The year itself should have all kinds of fun things happening.
* The Olduvai cliff (2012–2030) - 'begins in 2012 when an epidemic of permanent blackouts spreads worldwide, i.e. first there are waves of brownouts and temporary blackouts, then finally the electric power networks themselves expire' due to peak oil consumption.
* solar storms, Earth's magnetic field, cosmic rays, hurricanes, global warming, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes that may be on the verge of erupting.
Let the fun begin folks. the sky has begun falling lol
Hail Ming Hail, Ruler of the universe!
Hail Ming Hail, Emperor of the Galaxy!
And my prediction is the world will end August 8th of this year at exactly 8:08 am
It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!
Whatever happend to Judgement Day August 29th, 1997?
Terminator 2: Judgement Day, said there was supposed to be a nuclear holocast rained down by Skynet once the system realized humans are machine's number one enemy
The answer is yes...it will end on that day...do we all feel better or worse now?