Mine was Mr. Ron DiMiglio - English - Freshman and Junior Year Why: I grew ... Stackers' Lounge forum

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Who's your favorite Schoolteacher, and why

Advertisement

Mine was Mr. Ron DiMiglio - English - Freshman and Junior Year

Why:

I grew up in Newark NJ (and it does not get more inner city than that)

Mr. D. had three things he would not allow from his students

1) He would not allow any of us to think we were stupid.

2) He would not allow us to accept, that beacuse we were from what most of the world considered a ghetto, we had to confirm that by how we spoke.

and

3) He would not allow us to to believe, that speaking proper English was "talking like a white person" or "talking proper" or whatever other invectives were hurled at us by our own people.

Mr DiMiglio believed in the beauty of the English language, and realized that one of the keys to our success was fully embracing his passion. I don't know how my classmates feel, but for me, Mr DiMiglio was the most influential teacher I ever had. And he is the reason I am working on my teacher certification, after almost twenty years of accounting
    Last edited by braveandcrazy; 08-25-2007 at 04:11 AM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Who's your favorite Schoolteacher, and why

My all-time favorite is Mr. Adjene, he is my Intro to Business instructor.. I had him last summer or winter not sure.. but anywayz, I can stay at his class for 3+ hours and not get bored.. he is just way too funny and he listen to his students. I wish I can re-take his class again.

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

i always seemed to enjoy detention with mary kay letourneau and Debra LaFave they got fiesty sometimes though...

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kaie
    i always seemed to enjoy detention with mary kay letourneau and Debra LaFave they got fiesty sometimes though...
    Ummm. Did you go to Harlem?

7th Grade English. Mrs. Anderson. mmmmmmm
    Last edited by deepdish; 08-27-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

hmmm ... no ...

but i noticed you mentioned in that "person above you" post you mentioned having a mary kay as a teacher......

shes that teacher from here in seattle who slept with that islander kid and got pregnant... so, to keep with the theam i mentioned debra lafave because she did the same thing in in tennesee i think.
    Last edited by Kaie; 08-27-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Mrs. Munyard... grade 11 geography teacher...Cayman Islands... she was the reason I decided to become a teacher.

I was a troubled teen when my dad moved me to the Caribbean. My grades were slipping and most of my teachers had it in for me (with very good reason). However Mrs. Munyard was different... she helped me become a better person by just supporting me and helping me succeed.

Thanks Mrs. Munyard for being a wonderful teacher and friend... without you I am sure I would not be who I am today... I'd prolly still be a little b*tch!

Who am I kidding eh... I can still be a b*tch ... a successful b*tch