Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There have been threads on "who's a mommy", "who's a daddy", "who has no kids" ... Stackers' Lounge forum

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Who's your daddy?

Advertisement

There have been threads on "who's a mommy", "who's a daddy", "who has no kids" and so forth. I wanted to shift gears a bit. My dad who is 70 years old and my hero is recovering from an epidural hematoma (he is one strong SOB) and it got me thinking about all the wonderful moments I have had with him. The annual father / son football game (they whooped our *** every year), fishing, long drives to nowhere for no reason.

Who are your dads and what makes them special to you.

And a special shout out to kre8berry: Just think one day your child will be answering a question just like this. I have a feeling he/she will acquit you quite well.
    Last edited by braveandcrazy; 08-13-2007 at 07:24 PM.

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Who's your daddy?

My dads name is Pete. He turning 50 next year. He served in the Army for 22 years. Right now I believe he's at a doctors appointment. he wasnt around much due to overseas tours, but I know that he missed my family alot. Other than that I am still afraid of my dad. I wouldnt want to go toe to te with him in a dark alley, cuz i know he can whip some ***

Hey Daveyboi, mine was a Marine Corps Master Sgt and I would not want to go toe to to toe with him on a fully daylit street. Despite his toughness, he is still one of the gentless men you'd ever want to meet.
    Mess with his family or his country, however and you will never be able to run far or fast enough.

Oh, by the way, my dad's name is Ted.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My dad's name is Steve and he's 54, he and my mom were high school sweethearts that got married at 19 and are still going strong all these years later.

He's in the seafood industry and has done a myriad of things from owning his own seafood company to grading Tuna and working for the government to teach other countries how to grade Tuna as well.

My dad was a little league football and baseball coach for over a decade. He's a great guy and was a really wonderful father.

Last edited by ljbyar; 08-13-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Wow that's weird how it posted and I'm mobile so I can't fix it lol.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

my dad just turned 57. he has always done whatever neccessary to provide for his family but he never ever ever compromised his morals or taken the shortcut. he's taught me discipline and that even if you have to do something that isn't glamorous in the long run you feel accomplished because you've worked hard.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

The man I call dad is the hardest working man I have possibly ever met. Worked so hard that he only recently admitted that his knee was no longer working properly. It's something we've all known for years. But, he's so stubborn he just kept going... working... providing. The PA said she had absolutely NO idea how he was walking. Apparently his ACL was all but gone. He now has an ACL transplant and was up and walking in under 10 days. The guy never ceases to amaze me. Now, the person who helped conceive me is in no way my father. He died over a decade ago due to a life of substance abuse and recklessness. Not missed.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

My dad's a jackhole.

However, my father in law is an amazing man. I've learned so much about so many different things from him. I've only known him a short 5 years, but I feel like he's my dad.

He's 57 years old, he served in the Army, and is now a land developer. He volunteers part of his free time, tutoring under-priviledged children. Every Christmas, he dresses up as Santa, and visits sick kids in the hospital. He is the single most generous man I have ever met.

His name is Carter.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

My Dad passed away in 2001 he was more than a father to me, he was my mentor, my friend my brother, he was a handyman, could fix anything he wanted, and since i have use of reason I recall been next to him learning what does what,how things work etc He was very strict dont get me wrong, hell of a cook !!! ( i got a bit od that too ). The only regret I got is that I left home when I was 17 yoa and didnt see him for 8-9 years and I went back to my country when he was terminal. But I keep great memories and I love my dad !!! his name is Mario

barrythebadger no está en línea Stack level 4

My Dad's name is Ray, he is 55, served 24 years in the Army. He married my mum 31 years ago, has 2 sons (me included) and worked bloody hard to give us everything. He has always been there with advice for me and my brother, and has always backed us up with everything we have done. Even through our teenage years, when he seemed like an ogre, he still loved us both, and would have done anything for us. He served in Gulf war I, Cyprus, Norway, and Germany, often spending many months away from us.

I think it's always true to say that any man can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a Dad. And i'm proud that he is my Dad!

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

My Dad's name is Tony. He turns 50 this year ( i just turned 30 so he started young ). He married my mom when he was 19 (mom was 29) and a year later I was born. My dad raised 3 kids (my 2 sisters from my mothers first marriage) from an early age. He had his own business for years and years in security and then he moved into Real Estate and he is doing great and helping me buy my first house. He is amazing and a strong person. He was born with a heart defect and did not find out till about 4 years ago. He had to have open heart surgery and recovered in record breaking time. He was walking around the hospital the very next day. He has taught me everything about life. He always seems to know the right answer to everything. I love him so much and he is my hero and so is my mom since they have been happily married for 31 years now. love you dad!
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

My dads name is Jaime who passed away in 2000...I miss him lotz and not a day goes by w/o me thinking about him...what can i say I was a DADDY's GIRL!!

RIP, miss and love you daddy!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Awwww Jgirly, sorry to hear about your father. here's a big ole hug for ya *hugz*

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    Awwww Jgirly, sorry to hear about your father. here's a big ole hug for ya *hugz*
    Thanks hun...i love hugs!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast