Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'll never forget where I was. I took the day off of work to have ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Re: Where were you on 9-11

Advertisement

I'll never forget where I was. I took the day off of work to have a new furnace and central air installed. For a period of time, me and the installers were just mesmerized by the dreaded events on the television.

brucejr no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Walking into the Medical Director of the Sports Medicine Fellowship program as the second plane hit the tower on tv. At first i thought it was a movie. After the plane hit the Pentagon, i rushed to call my mom. My uncle worked at the Fed B Of Prisons which was basically right next door. We finally got word that evening that he was okay when he finally got home and called us.

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Going about our business when the first report came in and we figured it was probably a small engine piper cub off course until we were told to come to the conference room where the incidents were unfolding on television.

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Got home from work around 7:00am that day. A friend and I logged in to Asheron's Call (online game) and played for a few when someone in the game mentioned a terrorist attack. I then left the pc and watched as the second plane hit in real time. I just couldn't believe it. The rest of that day and the next was spent just trying to assimilate what had happened.

A very bad time it was.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Car dealer getting routine maintenance.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

In college my sophmore year. Horrible day, and we will never FORGET!!!!!

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was in bed...asleep and happily oblivious...for a short period at least, then it went all the way down from there.

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

On a flight from London to NYC. Got diverted to Toronto. When the captain told us that we had to go to toronto he just told us that there was an emergency at the new York airport. It was obvious to everyone on board though what happened as we flew by NYC. You could see the smoke from 200 miles away! I couldn't get home for a week because I had no money and had to wait so I could fly back to Minnesota. What really sucked was that the first 3 days I spent them in the airport and the last 2 in a cheap hotel. The first day I had nothing to eat until they gave some meal vouchers. All that though will never compare to the pain of the people that never made it home and those that never got their loved ones back.

Kwolf

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I was at work at a company called Jabil Circuit and I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter. I worked in cubicleville...we were 2 rows of 20 across from each other and the rows went from one end of the building to the other...my co-worker listened to talk radio and heard it first and said a plane had just hit one of the towers...we were all in disbelief like how could this even happen...we figured it was a small plane or something.

Many of us filed into the conference room and watched it all unfold live...we saw the 2nd plane hit...we saw the buildings collapse and we saw co-workers with family members who worked in the trade towers frantically trying to get a hold of their family. We also had co-workers who knew right then and there that they'd be recalled into active duty service. I saw grown men cry and watched in horror as our country was changed forever.

We knew George Bush was in our area at a local elementary school and we were all wishing he'd get the heck out of our area and get on air force one...scared for the safety of our own area as well.

I don't ever remember in my 33 years feeling that much terror amongst a group of people. It's something I will remember till the day I die.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

56th street and 5th avenue. stuck in my friends aparment for a week. the city was crazy. the mood was horrible. everything was just depressing. its a day id like to forget but never will be able to. lost over a dozen close friends in there. rip to all of them and peace to there families.

krazygirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I was in a class in high school.

cobra2525200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E636EB

I was sleeping when my mom woke me up to tell me a plane hit the WTC, I got mad at her cause I was sleeping and said I didn't care, s little later my phone went off and it was a friend asking if I was watching, another plane hit,I wasn't upset about being woken up this time. It was weird cause that very day I was to start working for an airline, but I ended up starting the following week. I just remember driving around with my friend looking up at the sky and noticing no planes and how quiet everything was. I live near O'hare International Airport in Chicago so not seeing or hearing any airplanes was just eerie. If only everyone would stand together as we did back then, this country would be much better.

ksolo4life no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23c623bf

I was in my apt. In Dc. Had just turned on fox 5 morning news at about 9:15am right after the first plane had already hit continuied to watch and at the that time i saw something I still can't believe untill this day so I started to get concerned about family then I started making phone calls to every one to check on them doing the process the phone service had stop working so at this point I got ready for work leaving out that morning I will never forget seeing so many ppl leaving their job trying to get out of downtown wash,dc. It look like a beltway backup.

pm1072 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317B4322

I was in the police academy during the 9/11 attacks. We just finished PT, showered, and were all getting ready to start class when the Lt./training director came in and told us that an aircraft hit one of the Twin Towers.

He then turned on both tv at the front of the room. At that point we all saw the 2nd plane hit.

A day I will surely never forget. Those people and families of those fallen in NYC, Shanksville, and DC will always be in my prayers.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I was @ work 6 blocks away from the towers!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast