Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was working midnight shift at the time, I got home about 7 am and ... Stackers' Lounge forum

JCIN no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Where were you on 9-11

Advertisement

I was working midnight shift at the time, I got home about 7 am and fell asleep on the couch watching CNN. I woke up around 11 after everything had happened. At first I just saw the shot of the smoke rising over Manhattan and heard World Trade Center. The first thing in my mind was " Those ********* came back and finished what they started."
    I thought it was another bomb.

After I saw tape of the planes hitting, the towers falling, and the Pentagon, I felt gutted. Sometimes I still do.

I will never forget.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

I was in the Cass County courthouse in Virginia, Illinois. I was doing a deed-search on my house to try to learn a little more about it. The office ladies in there had a radio on....I finished up my work and went on home to the hubby and kids.

cclaw125 no está en línea Stack level 3

I was in Arlington, VA at work. I could look out of my window and see the smoke from the Pentagon.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I was in my senior year of high school coming out of when of my classes and trying to figure out why everyone was going crazy and then I saw the t.v.

babaganoosh no está en línea Stack level 2

I was in my reading class in 5th grade. i remember everybody's parents came and picked up their kids, all that was left was me and like 2 other kids. Baytown is like the city full of refineries, (including exxon, shell, and some others) so if a plane came here and hit...it would be really bad

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was driving to school at the time and heard about it on the radio. I didn't know what they were talking about, or couldn't understand what was going on because it seemed so farfetched, so distant from reality. Once I got to school they were showing it on TV and it started to sink in bit by bit. I must have said "what do you mean they..." and "why didn't someone..." a hundred times or more. It's still a lot to comprehend.

originator no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012482A

I was in calculus

im-a-bb-noob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    202F0512

i was in 5th grade......
    im a 15 y/o with a bb 7100t
    yeah and i play guitar hero
    im pretty nastey at it

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

I was living with my girlfriend (now wife) who was in college at the time. We were on our way back from breakfast when one of our friends walked past and told us about it....last she had seen, terrorism hadn't been mentioned yet. My wife and I spent the rest of the day watching CNN and other various news channels....
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

I was getting ready for work and new nothing about it. I got in my car and headed to work on the way there, I heard what had happened... The first plane had struct the building. At that time everyone thought it was an accident.

I was working at CompUSA at the time, so when I got there, I had a bank of monitors that I hooked up to the cable lines in the store so we could watch the news about that time, the second one hit, then the rest is history.....

Such a sad day....

Dr. Woo

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Don't really wanna think about it... Unfortunately living in NY you have no choice but to think about that day. No matter what you say or do, it is ALWAYS in the back of your mind.

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

In the hospital with my wife. My son was born in between the two towers falling.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

BigDawgz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300aff8c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I remember that I had just pulled into the parking lot at my office. I was actually listening to Howard Stern on the radio. On this particular day, Stern did a great job of keeping you riveted to the radio. I sat in the parking lot for the next hour, stunned by what was going on. It seemed very surreal. For that one day, it didn't matter where you went or who you spoke to. Everyone was focused on one thing, and that was the tragedy that was 9-11. Never to be forgotten. Etched in history forever.

jaythestar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I was on camp pendleton. (Marine Base) Up early on my way to formation. We were about to deplot to egypt for a training exercise. A marine knocked on my door and told me to hurry downstairs and that a plane crashed into the WTC. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I also thought it was accidental. Then as I hurried downstairs into the lounge, I saw the first tower burning and then the 2nd plane hit. I was in total shock. Then we found out it was a terrorist attack and the whole barracks was in an uproar. Then the rumors started circulating immediately about our training being cancelled and us being redirected to afghanistan. My whole family lives in NY and it took me about 8 hours before I could finally reach them and everything was ok.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

I was in the Cass County Courthouse in Virginia, Illinois. I was researching old deeds on the house and property we lived in at the time. The ladies there had a radio going on one of their desks; and I rushed home when I heard that something was going on. I was never so glad to hug my hubby & kids as I was on that day.

Lovellbird
    Lovellbird

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast