Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I had just woke up and just turned on the tv. The first plane had ... Stackers' Lounge forum

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Where were you on 9-11

Advertisement

I had just woke up and just turned on the tv. The first plane had already hit the Tower. I can still remember every detail of that day as if it were just yesterday.

So please share where you were at that day. And please, just state where you were at that day.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Where you on 9-11

I was at work, I worked for an airline at the time, so between the airline and me being a FF I was, and have been since, a total wreck.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I was in my car, just pulling in to my office when I heard the first report (which at the time indicated that a small plane had hit one of the Towers). By the time I walked from my car to my office, the story changed. The rest, as they say, is history.

Sorry about the title on this thread. Just caught my mistake. It was supposed to read Where were you on 9-11. Maybe someone would fix this for me.

Thanks

John

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I was going to work on the PATH train (train from NJ to NYC-WTC). It was diverted to another station. I remember hearing people on the train talking about a plane crashing into one of the towers. I walked to work after getting off the diverted train and saw the 2 buildings burning. I quickly got to work before the buildings went down.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

I was living in Arlington, VA (next to the Pentagon City Mall, for those who know the area), about 2/10 of a mile from the Pentagon. I was watching the events in NYC on the tv in the gym on the top floor of my building while I worked out on an elliptical machine. I was facing south; if I'd been facing north I would have seen the plane crash into the pentagon through the big windows on the north side of the building. But I did feel the impact of the crash. I thought it was caused by some fighter jets flying close by, but after about 45 seconds, a reporter came on the tv and said that there'd been an explosion at the Pentagon. I turned around and saw the smoke.

Our apartment smelled like burning jet fuel for about 3 days after that. I commented to my wife that it was the smell of burning ket fuel and human bodies; we could only smell the fuel, but the body smell was there, too.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Re: Where were you on 9-11

at work on my computer trying to get on CNN.com. anybody that tried to get on the site that day knows how successful i was. my friend that works in the office with me is a part time minister. he was getting non stop calls from his congregation. most were asking if it was the beginning of the apocalypse.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Was on a flight from Nashville, TN to Chicago Illinois. We were supposed to be landing at O'Hare but when I looked out the window and saw the skyline on the right hand side of the plane as we were descending, I knew that for some reason or another we were landing at Midway Airport. Apparently O'Hare had become too busy and had to divert some flights to Midway. Didn't know anything about it until we landed at Midway (About 10:45am). Walked off the plane into the terminal into complete chaos, people crying, screaming, yelling, panicked, gates closed down, etc.

When the towers fell I was on the train headed downtown. Didn't know about those until I arrived at a friends apartment building about an hour later.

jarot48 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244BA859

I was at work at the Kennedy Space Center. After the second plane hit we got send home and did not come back to work for a couple of days due to security reasons. Security since has been a bear to get in and out of the Center. For weeks we had our cars searched by K9's going into the Center. You had to leave your house at least two hours earlier than before to be at work on time, no kidding. Things are much better now.
    Jarot48
    PIN 244BA859

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I was in a computer class at college. My teacher announced that one plane had hit the towers. By the time my mom came to pick me up (she had gone to breakfast when this all happened), the second tower had been struck. I don't even remember hearing about the plane that crashed at the Pentagon en route to the White House until later that day when I got home.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was sleeping in my apt in VA. Mom called and woke me up telling me to turn on the news. My work closed down that day.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I was working in Severna Park MD as the IT Director of a Real Estate company. One of those events in your life where you remember ever single detail as it played out. I remember the internet being slow as hell. CNN.com was basically un-usable. Around noon they let us all go home. I had a friend that was working at the State Department, and there were some rumors about it being hit with a car bomb that thankfully proved to be false. Had another friend that was a Marine stationed at Quantico, he got scrambled and had to report for duty. Crazy day...

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

I was asleep ; i came back from NYC on the wednesday b4 9/11 and a friend was calling to see if i was still there; i remember it like it was yesterday. Coming back from NY to Houston the guy next to me was awfully quiet; he didnt even look up after i bumped his arm; it didnt worry me at the time, but on 9/10 i picked up a USA today and on the cover was a bombed out Bus in the middle east; i immediatedly thought about the guy on the plane and what steps would I have taken incase he tried to hi jack the aircraft.

The next day; well we all know what happened i will never forget..!
    holla atcha boy

I like all the rest of you remeber every detail of that day. And it still rips me up inside. Even 5 years later. :cry:

macdevon no está en línea Stack level 1

I was on my honeymoon. Talk about the ultimate mood breaker.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast