So I know we have an "I hate" thread, and a "what are you thinking" ... Stackers' Lounge forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

What's Your Problem.....

Advertisement

So I know we have an "I hate" thread, and a "what are you thinking" thread, but I thought it would be a good idea to start a "rant" thread where everyone can come in and get everything off of their chests. I spend most of my time on my BB, and not the computer, so I don't post anything on my blog. So, with that being said... What is YOUR problem?

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    My biggest (technological) problem now is moving over 10,000 photos off my old W98SE laptop to my newer XP laptop......but may have it solved.....have ordered a Firewire PCMCIA card.....life might be good again.....time will tell.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Well, I guess since I started this thread, I should actually post something. But I forewarn everyone, this might take a few minutes, lol!

Right now, my biggest problem is my job. I know everyone has their own issues with their jobs, and yes, I am well aware that I should just be thankful that I have one (which I am). BUT!!! The problem I am facing is a very difficult one, with no easy solution.
    I am a truck driver by profession. I have been driving for about 13 years and have almost 2 million miles under my belt. I drive locally for a large furniture manufactorer. Right now we are in what we call our busy season. I have been here for 5 years, and am "lead driver", which is just a fancy way of saying that I've been here the longest. I am married to an amazing woman that is a high school Spanish teacher. We have a 3 year old son named Eli and our second, Ethan, will be born on April 28th.
    So, here's the problem. I am working 14 hour days, 6 (and now 7) days a week. I don't usually get home until 8 or 9PM every night. My wife works an hour away from where we live (only school that was hiring at the time-hopefully this will change next year). Just recently our day care (which is an "in home" day care) started charging $50 an hour after 6PM. It was my responsibility to take, and pick up Eli every day. But that hasn't worked out. By the time my wife actually gets there to pick him up, it around 6:30. So, over the past 3 weeks we have actually had to pay an additional $1050 (if you're doing the math, there were several days she had to stay late with parents and other faculty meetings). I have asked to be off by 5:30 so I would be able to pick him up and was told that if I couldn't work past a certain time, I had no job. Even though we have 3 other drivers, 2 of which are usually gone by 5 EVERY DAY!
    So quit! Nope! Can't do it. With a baby on the way, we HAVE to have insurance. And my insurance is 100% better than my wife's, which is through the state. So until Ethan is born, I am stuck. And it is getting expensive!
    So what about family, could some of them help out? Well they COULD! My parents live about 300 yards away from us, then my little sister live just the other side of them, my cousin (who's son goes to the same day care) lives on the other side of us, and my oldest sister next door to them. So withing a half mile0stretch of road, ALL of my family are right there. And NEVER offer ANY help (which is another story in itself). Anyway!!! I am exhausted, frustrated, and basically screwed. So!!! That's MY problem right now!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    iPhone battery. Brilliant phone but we all use it so much the battery dies.

My problem is power but brilliant phone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

Is there an extended battery for a "brilliant" phone as there is for your run-of-the-mill, Magnificant BB?

JusB860 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You said your family doesn't offer!! HAve. YOu ASKED them most times family may not even know you need THe help. I wud say ask them it wouldn't hurt...they just might suprise you .
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Well, I guess since I started this thread, I should actually post something. But I forewarn everyone, this might take a few minutes, lol!

Right now, my biggest problem is my job. I know everyone has their own issues with their jobs, and yes, I am well
    aware that I should just be thankful that I have one (which I am). BUT!!! The problem I am facing is a very difficult one, with no easy solution.
    I am a truck driver by profession. I have been driving for about 13 years and have almost 2 million miles under my belt. I drive locally for a large furniture manufactorer. Right now we are in what we call our busy season. I have been here for 5 years, and am "lead driver", which is just a fancy way of saying that I've been here the longest. I am married to an amazing woman that is a high school Spanish teacher. We have a 3 year old son named Eli and our second, Ethan, will be born on April 28th.
    So, here's the problem. I am working 14 hour days, 6 (and now 7) days a week. I don't usually get home until 8 or 9PM every night. My wife works an hour away from where we live (only school that was hiring at the time-hopefully this will change next year). Just recently our day care (which is an "in home" day care) started charging $50 an hour after 6PM. It was my responsibility to take, and pick up Eli every day. But that hasn't worked out. By the time my wife actually gets there to pick him up, it around 6:30. So, over the past 3 weeks we have actually had to pay an additional $1050 (if you're doing the math, there were several days she had to stay late with parents and other faculty meetings). I have asked to be off by 5:30 so I would be able to pick him up and was told that if I couldn't work past a certain time, I had no job. Even though we have 3 other drivers, 2 of which are usually gone by 5 EVERY DAY!
    So quit! Nope! Can't do it. With a baby on the way, we HAVE to have insurance. And my insurance is 100% better than my wife's, which is through the state. So until Ethan is born, I am stuck. And it is getting expensive!
    So what about family, could some of them help out? Well they COULD! My parents live about 300 yards away from us, then my little sister live just the other side of them, my cousin (who's son goes to the same day care) lives on the other side of us, and my oldest sister next door to them. So withing a half mile0stretch of road, ALL of my family are right there. And NEVER offer ANY help (which is another story in itself). Anyway!!! I am exhausted, frustrated, and basically screwed. So!!! That's MY problem right now!

Yes we have asked. An example of a typical response.... We asked my parents if they could keep him for an hour one Saturday afternoon, so that me and my wife could get a few things done for his birthday party. They said yes. We told them we would bring him down around 5 (about an hour after we called). They said that would be fine, no problem. I was putting his shoes on him, getting ready to take him and they called. They said that my aunt and another lady were going to come over around 6 to play dominos, so they wouldn't be able to keep him. THAT is a typical response from them. Now what is sooo amazing to me is that they never have time to keep mine, or my older sisters kids. BUT if my little sister calls... No wait, she doesn't even have to call! She will just show up and drop her 2 kids off and never gets turned down. I swear her kids spend more time at my parents house than they do their own. Like I said, the family issue is a completely other issue. I could probably write a book about it!

Wow! Serious issue there....I too would do as Lil Sis does and show up unannounced and drop them off.....

Tried that.... Doesn't work! They'll tell us they are about to leave, or 10,000 other excuses.

Not good....

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Yes we have asked. An example of a typical response.... We asked my parents if they could keep him for an hour one Saturday afternoon, so that me and my wife could get a few things done for his birthday party. They said yes. We told them we would bring him down around 5 (about an hour after we called). They said that would be fine, no problem. I was putting his shoes on him, getting ready to take him and they called. They said that my aunt and another lady were going to come over around 6 to play dominos, so they wouldn't be able to keep him. THAT is a typical response from them. Now what is sooo amazing to me is that they never have time to keep mine, or my older sisters kids. BUT if my little sister calls... No wait, she doesn't even have to call! She will just show up and drop her 2 kids off and never gets turned down. I swear her kids spend more time at my parents house than they do their own. Like I said, the family issue is a completely other issue. I could probably write a book about it!

Gotta love siblings, RIGHT?
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Yeah. Gotta love em, just don't have to "like" them. Like I always say, "I don't like all of them, some of the time. But I don't like some of them, ALL of the time".

Hope your situation has improved rif....especially with the new addition....harder on parents time-wise.....need that extended family support even more.....