and please no...i am not an emigrant its just that I don't know if the ... Stackers' Lounge forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

what's it like living in your country ?

Advertisement

and please no...i am not an emigrant

its just that I don't know if the media exposes the truth about countries.

just like americans believe us south africans live in mud and grass houses with wild animals running around...this is highly untrue we have decent infrastructure...well almost

look guys no offence but I just wish to know, curiosity nothing more.

KTW
    oh...and some people believe we pay labola ( sheep and cattle) for phones.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have lived in a lot of countries and hold dual citizenship, currently living in Canada. For me the place I call home is where my family is, when I move to a new country, the first thing to do is to find the nearest hospital, grocery store, (when my kids were young school) and shortest route to my office, then at weekends it was off to explore the countryside. No country is more beautiful than another, no more no people are more friendly than any other, but everybody tend to be proud of their home country, (Americans like to believe that they have the most beautiful and advanced country in the world, and certainly as far as free speech is concerned they do have the edge). I have lived in America and loved visiting the different States, and enjoyed the diversity of the people, they may not have the most modern technology out there, but they certainly love to use it. I would say that if you were to get ill in America (and have health insurance) you would most likely get the most advanced treatment that can be experienced anywhere.

I am currently living in Calgary, AB, Canada. We have the Rockies very close, and have very cold winters (dry climate) with loads of sunshine, summers get hot, most the people seem to love the outdoor life, hiking, mountain biking, skying, snowboarding, ice hockey, etc, and there are many many places to go to enjoy. The city of Calgary is small by most standards, but has lots going on, and the buildings are connected by covered walkaways so you can get from one place to another without having to brave the cold outside, add to that a good public transit system, leaves the city a comfortable place to live. People are very friendly and helpful (I say this as an outsider, only lived here for 2 years). The only thing I miss is the beach but the mountain views make up for it. Food wise there are lots of restaurants serving a wide variety of food from all nationalities, which go with the diverse cultural make up of the city.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    no jumbo sized americans ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Not in Canada, quite a few in Texas though, not only in size, but some were truly larger than life
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2