Some people have regular cable - like time warner/comcast or charter some people have satellite ... Stackers' Lounge forum

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

What kind of television service do you have?

Advertisement

Some people have regular cable - like time warner/comcast or charter

some people have satellite dish

some folks have other, like Fios or Advanced TV..

we have cable, We had Dish in Ohio I liked it a whole lot, only had 1 problem in 2 years, snow covered my dish and it messed up my signal. Where I live the weather is too volitile (I believe) to get dish again.

What do you have? do you like it?
    Last edited by mserica513; 07-31-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: we do have dish/adv tv in my area.. dont know what i was typing..

apmartin no está en línea Device Pro
    I have cable. Time Warner. Not interested in changing. Waiting for digital tv to become the standard before I start exploring other options

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I have DirecTV. Have had it for years and now that I have an LCD HDTV, I love it even more because DirecTV has the most HD stations! Can also get the Sports Packages for baseball and football so I can catch all my teams' (Cubs and Bears, baby!) games.

Weather can cause issues here in the Greensboro, NC area, but for the most part the service is great!

tjguzik no está en línea Stack level 3
    DirecTv

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Comcast. They need to beef up their HD line to compete against Dirctv.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I have DirecTV. Have had it for years and now that I have an LCD HDTV, I love it even more because DirecTV has the most HD stations! Can also get the Sports Packages for baseball and football so I can catch all my teams' (Cubs and Bears, baby!) games.

Weather can cause issues here in the Greensboro, NC area, but for the most part the service is great!
    we are looking for more hd channels, the storms we get whew.. makes me nervous. But DTV has some GREAT programming packages. We have been looking into the AT&T advanced tv. Anyone here have that? I heard its great, it has more HD than cable does. Thats what we REALLY want more hd channels. Otherwise cable is rocking for us so far.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have Dish network, top 250, with HD and DVR. I also have the Starz movie package along with Cinemax. Bad weather really doesn't seem to bother broadcasting! I am very pleased with my service! via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mserica513 View Post
    we are looking for more hd channels, the storms we get whew.. makes me nervous. But DTV has some GREAT programming packages. We have been looking into the AT&T advanced tv. Anyone here have that? I heard its great, it has more HD than cable does. Thats what we REALLY want more hd channels. Otherwise cable is rocking for us so far.
    It's going to depend on where they place the dish as to how the weather will effect it. Those things can withstand a lot. We get some pretty powerful stuff here, too and have had some issues, but for the most part, it's been pretty good.

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889
    Comcast, not a terrible service and recently I called and spoke with their Retention department (yep they have a department for this) and got $20/month off the bill and an upgrade to their first set of premium channels

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    It's going to depend on where they place the dish as to how the weather will effect it. Those things can withstand a lot. We get some pretty powerful stuff here, too and have had some issues, but for the most part, it's been pretty good.

really? idk just nervous. When we had dish in Ohio we were in an apartment and the dish was kinda covered on a balcony, so it didnt get a lot of weather, just when it snowed or rained real real bad. We might look into a dish again. (going to directv.com to look at pricing now)

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    DVD and thats it! no ant, no dish, no cable!

I just rent and view my massive library!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!