Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

not that it matters, just curious to see what everyone's working with. mine are as ... Stackers' Lounge forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

What kind of computer(s) do you use

Advertisement

not that it matters, just curious to see what everyone's working with. mine are as follows, in order of frequency of use

1) Blackberry Curve 8310 - 312 Mhz Intel XScale processor OS 4.5.0.37 internet thru at&t, browser of choice: Blackberry Browser
    2) Toshiba Satellite L25-S1217 Laptop - 1.6 Ghz Intel Celeron processor, 512 megs of RAM, 50 gig HD - internet by WIFI, browser of choice: Firefox
    3) Gateway E2300 - 2.66Ghz Intel Celeron processor, 256 megs of ram 80 gigs partitioned Internet by Embark DSL, browser of choice MSIE (no choice, work computer)

number 2 is really my main. i have all my software loaded there and usually tote it in a backpack everywhere i go. Ive used it from everything to graphics creation/manipulation, to audio editing to an iphone unlocking business and a cd backup business. although its loaded with expensive software and about 20 gigs of music/music videos, its 100% factory as far as hardware goes. teh only perpheral i have is a wireless microsoft mouse which i forget more often than not. the battery may be shot, i get about 30-40 minutes use out of a full charge. ive dropped it once and it developed a light blue line down the middle of the screen. it overheats and will turn itself off due to the overheating, but never while im using it, only if i let it idle for a long time (not power settings either). Even due to all these "defects" it still out performs my friends newer toshibas and acers and especially dell laptops. i think it has to do with bloatware and just knowing how NOT to use a computer. i dont feel a need to replace it right now, its a workhorse. old faithful.

anyways theres my story tell me yours. i wanna hear everything about your computer(s), what do you use it for, what do you like about it, hate about it. what kind of periperals do you use regularly with it etc etc etc.

also, if you could replace it, would you? with what?

here are pics of mine
    Lappy

Screen

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    btw, im impressed at that first pic - taken with my curve

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Um, Well lets see I Work/Live/Love computers. So I can name a Few. Ill Just give you the Computer and OS, No Need for the drama inside!

Dell 8100 - Fedora 9
    Dell 8100 (With Docking station Dual Monitor) Fedora 4 Core
    Dell Lat 630 - XP Pro
    Custom Build (Dual Monitor) - SuSE Box
    Some Junk HP - Ubuntu ( I think) I just use it as File Storage
    Sony Vios - Triple Boot, XP Pro, Ubuntu, Windows 98
    Then a couple odd's and end PC's for other things, all in all Last count i had about 9 up and running with an average uptime of 4months on the boxs
    and that 8100 Has been up almost 2years.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    damn 9 systems huh? do fedora ubuntu etc (not windows os's) have any programs for connecting to bb's?

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I have a dell 4550 that I dont use from like 6 years ago.

I have a red sony vaio laptop (my baby)

and of course my BB that I use everywhere else!
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773

Built this one last year.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Looks nice. Tell me about it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just my acer. Not a computer freak!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink57 View Post

Built this one last year.

pink

Holy Crap Sir. How Much did you overclock that.

PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    damn 9 systems huh? do fedora ubuntu etc (not windows os's) have any programs for connecting to bb's?
    Not that im aware of? ..I dont use them for the BB.

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    Holy Crap Sir. How Much did you overclock that.
    Actually I left it at stock, when performance starts to go down I'll boost her up but now she's doing fine.

Specs:
    C2D E6300
    Asus P5N-E SLi
    2gb Firestix
    36gb/150gb 10krpm Raptors
    8800GTS 320mb
    X-Fi Fata1ty Pro
    Antec P-180B
    Silerstone DA750 60A
    Westinghouse 32" LCD

This may be jibberish to some and not to others.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cant post pic now cause I am mobile. But my main rig is self built.specs are as follows.

eVGA 780i mobo
    Q6600 quad core over clocked to 3.4 GHz.
    2 8800 gtx superclocked video cards in sli
    2 10,000 rpm raptor hdd in raid 0
    4 gigs ddr2 800mhz memory
    2 24x DVD drives
    24" gateway widescren monitor.
    Aerocool case
    Mainly used for gaming and multimedia.
    Last edited by cbeslash; 07-24-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling

PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    With that kind of power. I bring the question why didn't you get cheeta drives Instead of the Raptors?..

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    not that it matters, just curious to see what everyone's working with. mine are as follows, in order of frequency of use

1) Blackberry Curve 8310 - 312 Mhz Intel XScale processor OS 4.5.0.37 internet thru at&t, browser of choice: Blackberry Browser
    2) Toshiba Satellite L25-S1217 Laptop - 1.6 Ghz Intel Celeron processor, 512 megs of RAM, 50 gig HD - internet by WIFI, browser of choice: Firefox
    3) Gateway E2300 - 2.66Ghz Intel Celeron processor, 256 megs of ram 80 gigs partitioned Internet by Embark DSL, browser of choice MSIE (no choice, work computer)

number 2 is really my main. i have all my software loaded there and usually tote it in a backpack everywhere i go. Ive used it from everything to graphics creation/manipulation, to audio editing to an iphone unlocking business and a cd backup business. although its loaded with expensive software and about 20 gigs of music/music videos, its 100% factory as far as hardware goes. teh only perpheral i have is a wireless microsoft mouse which i forget more often than not. the battery may be shot, i get about 30-40 minutes use out of a full charge. ive dropped it once and it developed a light blue line down the middle of the screen. it overheats and will turn itself off due to the overheating, but never while im using it, only if i let it idle for a long time (not power settings either). Even due to all these "defects" it still out performs my friends newer toshibas and acers and especially dell laptops. i think it has to do with bloatware and just knowing how NOT to use a computer. i dont feel a need to replace it right now, its a workhorse. old faithful.

anyways theres my story tell me yours. i wanna hear everything about your computer(s), what do you use it for, what do you like about it, hate about it. what kind of periperals do you use regularly with it etc etc etc.

also, if you could replace it, would you? with what?

here are pics of mine
    Lappy

Screen

What's with the black dot in the second pic? lol

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    What's with the black dot in the second pic? lol
    pr0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast