Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Originally Posted by KTW good choice! would you consider the 550 marelano or F40 as ... Stackers' Lounge forum

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    good choice! would you consider the 550 marelano or F40 as wel ?

you wouldn't happen to support formula 1 by any chance ? sorry I'm just used to Ferrari fan's loving formula 1, nothing personal.
    Na. 550's are ok. F40's, while they are nice. They're horribly uncomfortable. Cool car from its time but nothing I want.

Yes, I follow F1. Big fan of Adrian Newey. And yes, while Ferrari are a team I always like to see succeed. I have generally pulled for them and McLaren. Although I am enjoying watching Kimi last year and this year throw that Lotus around.

Another car I'd like to own. A 38 Auto Union. Absolutely beautiful piece of work. Art of 4 wheels. But as the saying goes, 4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.
    Last edited by BP41; 08-12-2013 at 09:15 PM.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Attachment 36889

here's a 2001 saleen s7
    Was never a fan of the S7. Ugly as sin if you ask me with little to show.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Na. 550's are ok. F40's, while they are nice. They're horribly uncomfortable. Cool car from its time but nothing I want.

Yes, I follow F1. Big fan of Adrian Newey. And yes, while Ferrari are a team I always like to see succeed. I have generally pulled for them and McLaren. Although I am enjoying watching Kimi last year and this year throw that Lotus around.

Another car I'd like to own. A 38 Auto Union. Absolutely beautiful piece of work. Art of 4 wheels. But as the saying goes, 4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.
    2 wheels moves the soul ? you mean you increase the chances of killing yourself by riding or you mean it's just very nice to ride ?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    A friend of mine just acquired a Merc SL AMG 600. Just getting through those gullwing doors is an experience. Switch on the motor, that sound, the torque is enough to raise the hair on my back. And everything else too. Geez, Mercedes Benz has come a long way...
    chokem likes this.

KTW
    you will have that with any R 1 999 995 car. but did it feel good or uncomfortable (made you pee your pants) ?

if you want the best sounding car, NOTHING beats Ferrari.

the thing about owning a supper car is after 3 weeks you don't appreciate it anymore. the realisation of speed limits and fuel consumption, not to mention discomfort from climbing in and out the car as well as sitting on the floor with no leg room. then we have the bumps that you get from stones in the road and people opening car doors...eventually it becomes a curse, that is why I would never get a nice car but merely a road worthy one with wrecked body work but almost immaculate interior with good working mechanics and an aircon-thats my ideal car right there.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    When I was younger Porsche was my craze. Had the 928S and the 911 Turbo. At the Porsche Club in Johannesburg we had many breakfast runs with the Ferrari Club and there was never a run that the Ferraris wouldn't hold us up - engine problems, electronic problems or fuel problems...typical Italian glorified Fiat. Lamborghinis were better always. I remember enjoying the Countach very much. Now, at my age, and with discerning tastes (ahem!) that MB SL AMG is an engineering marvel. I'd be hard pressed to choose between that and a Carrera S...if I won the Lotto, maybe I'd buy both.
    Until then my Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi is good, fast and reliable. It's tweaked to 196bhp and does very decent mileage. It's good enough!
    Yeah, the Merc is comfortable. Much, much more than the Ferrari surfboard...

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    When I was younger Porsche was my craze. Had the 928S and the 911 Turbo. At the Porsche Club in Johannesburg we had many breakfast runs with the Ferrari Club and there was never a run that the Ferraris wouldn't hold us up - engine problems, electronic problems or fuel problems...typical Italian glorified Fiat. Lamborghinis were better always. I remember enjoying the Countach very much. Now, at my age, and with discerning tastes (ahem!) that MB SL AMG is an engineering marvel. I'd be hard pressed to choose between that and a Carrera S...if I won the Lotto, maybe I'd buy both.
    Until then my Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi is good, fast and reliable. It's tweaked to 196bhp and does very decent mileage. It's good enough!
    Yeah, the Merc is comfortable. Much, much more than the Ferrari surfboard...
    why does everyone think that the Italians and French can't make good cars ? it's always an over exaggeration about the engen lasting only 100 000Km and you throw the car away ?

do you like maserati Dell ? what do you think of lotus ? Aston Martin ? or how about an Audi R8 or McLaren MP4-12c, I'm guessing you HATE the New Renault alpine ?

then there's the Lexus LFA...nuff said.

KTW
    come to think of it if I got R200 000 to buy a car, I'd get a second hand Toyota yaris 4 door for R70 000. and a 3 wheel, petrol powered hang glider for my adrenaline rush (hang gliders are surprisingly cheap for an aircraft). I've often had the dream of an air force pilot. I mean come on, control something with
    13 228 Ib of thrust. I don't need to think twice. (that's the output of a mirage 3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12