Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think its safe to assume the majority of us are not kids anymore. So ... Stackers' Lounge forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

What do you miss about being a kid

Advertisement

I think its safe to assume the majority of us are not kids anymore. So what do u miss about being a kid and what don't u miss.

I miss gettin on my bike with a few quid in my pocket and going to the local shop and gettin ice cream

I don't miss being told what to do

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I think its safe to assume the majority of us are not kids anymore. So what do u miss about being a kid and what don't u miss.

I miss gettin on my bike with a few quid in my pocket and going to the local shop and gettin ice cream

I don't miss being told what to do
    You must not be married!

I miss not having any responsbility.

I love watching my kids play without a care in the world.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    i miss summer. i mean a childrens summer, where you knew you didnt have to do JACK. as an adult i dont normally get as excited about summer anymore, cause i still have to go to work

i also miss christmas. i miss not having to think about money all the time.

epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I miss Saturday morning cartoons, playing outside and NO BILL'S.

I do not miss the 8:30 bed time and hand-me-downs.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult, in order to accept the responsibilities of a six year old. The tax base is lower. I want to be six again.

I want to go to McDonald’s and think it’s the best place in the world to eat. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make waves with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money, because you can eat them. I want to play kick-ball during recess and stay up on Christmas Eve waiting to hear Santa and Rudolph on the roof.

I long for the days when life was simple. When all you knew were your colors, the addition tables & simple nursery rhymes, but it didn’t bother you, because you didn’t know what you didn’t know and you didn’t care.

I want to go to school and have snack time, recess, gym and field trips. I want to be happy, because I don’t know what should make me upset. I want to think the world is fair and everyone in it is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

Sometime, while I was maturing, I learned too much. I learned of nuclear weapons, prejudice, starving and abused kids, lies, unhappy marriages, illness, pain and mortality. I want to be six again.

I want to think that everyone, including myself, will live forever, because I don’t know the concept of death. I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want television to be something I watch for fun, not something used for escape from the things I should be doing. I want to live knowing the little things that I find exciting will always make me as happy as when I first learned them. I want to be six again.

I remember not seeing the world as a whole, but rather being aware of only the things that directly concerned me. I want to be naive enough to think that if I’m happy, so is everyone else.

I want to walk down the beach and think only of the sand beneath my feet and the possibility of finding that blue piece of sea glass I’m looking for.

I want to spend my afternoons climbing trees & riding my bike, letting the grownups worry about time, the dentist and how to find the money to fix the old car.

I want to wonder what I’ll do when I grow up and what I’ll be, who I’ll be and not worry about what I’ll do if this doesn’t work out. I want that time back.

I want to use it now as an escape, so that when my computer crashes, or I have a mountain of paperwork, or two depressed friends, or a fight with my spouse, or bittersweet memories of times gone by, or second thoughts about so many things..........

I can travel back and build a snowman, without thinking about anything except whether the snow sticks together and what I can possibly use for the snowman’s mouth.

I want to be six again.
    Last edited by RogerG; 09-17-2008 at 12:16 PM.

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2
    excellent!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    To Whom It May Concern:

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult, in order to accept the responsibilities of a six year old. The tax base is lower. I want to be six again.

I want to go to McDonald’s and think it’s the best place in the world to eat. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make waves with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money, because you can eat them. I want to play kick-ball during recess and stay up on Christmas Eve waiting to hear Santa and Rudolph on the roof.

I long for the days when life was simple. When all you knew were your colors, the addition tables & simple nursery rhymes, but it didn’t bother you, because you didn’t know what you didn’t know and you didn’t care.

I want to go to school and have snack time, recess, gym and field trips. I want to be happy, because I don’t know what should make me upset. I want to think the world is fair and everyone in it is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

Sometime, while I was maturing, I learned too much. I learned of nuclear weapons, prejudice, starving and abused kids, lies, unhappy marriages, illness, pain and mortality. I want to be six again.

I want to think that everyone, including myself, will live forever, because I don’t know the concept of death. I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want television to be something I watch for fun, not something used for escape from the things I should be doing. I want to live knowing the little things that I find exciting will always make me as happy as when I first learned them. I want to be six again.

I remember not seeing the world as a whole, but rather being aware of only the things that directly concerned me. I want to be naive enough to think that if I’m happy, so is everyone else.

I want to walk down the beach and think only of the sand beneath my feet and the possibility of finding that blue piece of sea glass I’m looking for.

I want to spend my afternoons climbing trees & riding my bike, letting the grownups worry about time, the dentist and how to find the money to fix the old car.

I want to wonder what I’ll do when I grow up and what I’ll be, who I’ll be and not worry about what I’ll do if this doesn’t work out. I want that time back.

I want to use it now as an escape, so that when my computer crashes, or I have a mountain of paperwork, or two depressed friends, or a fight with my spouse, or bittersweet memories of times gone by, or second thoughts about so many things..........

I can travel back and build a snowman, without thinking about anything except whether the snow sticks together and what I can possibly use for the snowman’s mouth.

I want to be six again.
    That's awesome! I have days I wish I was 6 again, its nice as well to see my kids get to go thru those days as well!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    So we are all agreed we want to be six again.
    Now we just have to figure out how to do it.
    Open to sugestions

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I miss not having bills to pay, playing around with my friends, enjoying my weekends . Man I miss being a kid.

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678
    It's funny, we were all in such a rush to "grow up" not realizing that we would want to go back...

Being six again would definitely be so much more fun!
    ~~~~

D. J. De Lise
    delise@thedailybody.com
    PIN: 312F6678
    www.TheDailyBody.com

curveyBBmom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20A245FC
    I miss not having a worry in the world. Not having to think about bills and responsibilities.

I miss being able to ride my bike down the hill without any hands on the handle bars. And doing cartwheels down the length of my parents back yard.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I miss staying out late and enjoying getting hot and sweaty. Now it just makes me want a shower and feel crappy!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

bigmace3000 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22AE5DFF
    ...I miss playing tackle football in the yard..

I miss playing street football and having to stop the game if a car was coming down the street..

I miss shooting baskets til they cut the lights off at the park..

I miss my mom having parties and me begging to play the records for them just cause I wanted to stay up up late and feel like a grown up..

I miss cassettes..

I miss breakdancing..

I miss having a crush on the same girl for three summers in a row..

I miss Atari 600..

I miss those little green army men my grandmother bought me that I kept in a sandwhich bag (ziploc was not invented yet)..

I miss Pop Warner football and all the teammates I ever had..

I miss playing outside till the streetlights came on..

I miss the Flintstones and the Jetsons..

I miss "school clothes" and "play clothes"..

I miss sneaking into Laker games..

I dont miss Lima beans!!!

One love yall...
    Last edited by bigmace3000; 09-18-2008 at 11:46 PM.
    The crime is undetectable by the feds cause in the minds of our kids is where the track is...and music is potent and straight to the soul...so its much more addictive than crack is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmace3000 View Post
    I miss the Flintstones and the Jetsons..
    My kids are watching those shows now on the Boomerang network!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I miss playing in the mud!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast