Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by rifraf2009 I posted on your thread (lol, sorry but that almost sounded ... Stackers' Lounge forum

myblackberyiscool no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    I posted on your thread (lol, sorry but that almost sounded dirty), but I will add this in here, it sounds for the most part that you have everything covered. Of course now you need to fill your new BB up with all kinds of cool apps, and themes, and music, and games, etc.

Well uh, adding all those apps, games, themes, can slow your device down right?

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Very very true. But as most any BB owner, and or fellow PinStacker will tell you, it all depends on what you want and what exactly you use your new BB for. As someone once told me not long after I got my BB, "a blackberry is only as good as what YOU make it". What they meant by that is simple. Me, for example. I'm not in the "business" community where email, and a lot of the other apps that business oriented people may use. I don't even really text a lot, except to my wife, and a very select few friends. I do, however stay on the internet quite a bit, whether its facebook, or here on Pinstack. Me and my wife have a little photography side business, so I do a lot with photos. But for the most part, my BB is personal. I have a weather app, the fb app, my all time favorite game pacman, soft reset (simulates a battery pull), captureit (which takes screen shots-a very useful app for anyone that builds themes), and last but not least at least 1 or 2 of MY custom themes. The newer devices have more memory, unlike the pearl which I believ only has 64mb of total memory. With the very few apps I have, I stay around. 21 to 22 mb of free space. So my little BB pearl is rather quick. My wife's on the other hand is a totally different story. She very rarely does any of the things to optimize her pearl's memory and she stays around 8 to 9 mb. She has a ton of apps, and she never goes to menu and close, so they are usually always running in the background. And her pearl is SLOW! So its all in what you want, and what you are going to use it for. But your new tour should be fine, so just have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Very very true. But as most any BB owner, and or fellow PinStacker will tell you, it all depends on what you want and what exactly you use your new BB for. As someone once told me not long after I got my BB, "a blackberry is only as good as what YOU make it". What they meant by that is simple. Me, for example. I'm not in the "business" community where email, and a lot of the other apps that business oriented people may use. I don't even really text a lot, except to my wife, and a very select few friends. I do, however stay on the internet quite a bit, whether its facebook, or here on Pinstack. Me and my wife have a little photography side business, so I do a lot with photos. But for the most part, my BB is personal. I have a weather app, the fb app, my all time favorite game pacman, soft reset (simulates a battery pull), captureit (which takes screen shots-a very useful app for anyone that builds themes), and last but not least at least 1 or 2 of MY custom themes. The newer devices have more memory, unlike the pearl which I believ only has 64mb of total memory. With the very few apps I have, I stay around. 21 to 22 mb of free space. So my little BB pearl is rather quick. My wife's on the other hand is a totally different story. She very rarely does any of the things to optimize her pearl's memory and she stays around 8 to 9 mb. She has a ton of apps, and she never goes to menu and close, so they are usually always running in the background. And her pearl is SLOW! So its all in what you want, and what you are going to use it for. But your new tour should be fine, so just have fun with it.
    Well I text everyday, have about 15 apps that I have download.
    And I get about 5 emails a day?
    And I usually end up texting 5,000+ /monthly.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I BBM every day, get like 50 emails a day, and have like 40 apps and still have over 100 MB free on my 8900-love that memory!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

I SOOO want a new BB. I really want the "BEAST" better known as the Bold 9700. No more apps than I actually have, and no more emails and texts that I receive or send, as much memory as the 9700 has I would NEVER have to check my memory again, lol!

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Even though the 8900 has the same memory as the 9700.....I find that my BB performs better if I do a battery pull (what is euphemistically referred to as a "soft reset") about once a week...
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

ONCE a week.... I am so addicted to checking my pearl's memory that I use my "soft reset" app 2 or 3 times a day if I see my memory drop ANYWHERE below 21mb.

I don't use an app.....delete your app and save memory....just do alt+rshift+del keys concurrently.....accomplishes the same thing....

Tried it, doesn't work on my pearl. Plus the soft reset app is a very small app. I think its only like 5kb. Not a memory hog at all. Now facebook on the other hand.....

^^^Forgot you had a pearl....yep....the app is the best.....I need this kind of reset as pulling my BB out of my Otter Box protective case is a 20 minute love affair.....

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^Otterbox . . . enough said
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

A friend of mine just got a new Droid Eris.... I'm a little confused, and bordering on envious!

Quote Originally Posted by BestWitted View Post
    just do alt+rshift+del keys concurrently....

What does this do?

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    The CTRL+ SHIFT+DEL causes the ? to restart for all qwerty keyboarded devices

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    The CTRL+ SHIFT+DEL causes the ? to restart for all qwerty keyboarded devices
    What?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12