Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

USAW sorry about your confrontation with that girl. Even I experience BS like that and ... Stackers' Lounge forum

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Welllllll I almost got my a** kicked today....

Advertisement

USAW sorry about your confrontation with that girl.

Even I experience BS like that and I was born and raised on the islands. Its just a total shame that peeps need to act so childish just so they can boost their egos.

The aloha spirit is still here with me in nevada and will never fade away.

Its good to hear that you are ok.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

UAW - Sorry for the bad experience! there are some lolo kine people out there. Who in turn give Hawaii a bad name. I was born a pacific Islander and lived all of my childhood and teenage years on oahu, it's kinda sad to hear these things about the place your from, but unfortunately it happens everywhere. there are occasions where i've had locals also tell me that as well, being mixed hawaiian, spanish, filipino and irish didn't matter to them because they said I wasn't "full Hawaiian". just keep your head up! And ofcourse we are all glad your o.k.!

jpp17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2062AFFA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ jeez! What's goin on with people? I was headbutted 2 weeks ago and ended up with a broken nose, unprovoked and here in my home city, happy days in hawaii and scotland eh?

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

I gotta ask, where on the island were you? Only areas I know that would really give you problems are kalihi, palolo, waimanalo....ummm wahiawa and ewa too sometimes...Oh yeah and the whole waianae coast :P damn...our island kinda sux...
    I moved here about 11 years ago at the very start of high school...which sucked cuz I'm pretty white...from day one I had people telling me to go home you f***ing haole!
    Even to this day I try to avoid certain parts of town (mainly chinatown), avoid kalihi and waianae coast when I'm alone and generally watch my back everywhere else. I carry a "persuasion bar" under my front seat...a spiderco knife on my belt all the time, and never pull my wallet out if I got more then 20 bux in it. I keep small bills on a money clip to use in public. Also I learned to watch where I'm going so I don't bump into anyone.
    Unfortunatley these are things you learn when you live here.

PIN/ID
    21a311e6

Quote Originally Posted by delacruzin05
    UAW - Sorry for the bad experience! there are some lolo kine people out there. Who in turn give Hawaii a bad name. I was born a pacific Islander and lived all of my childhood and teenage years on oahu, it's kinda sad to hear these things about the place your from, but unfortunately it happens everywhere. there are occasions where i've had locals also tell me that as well, being mixed hawaiian, spanish, filipino and irish didn't matter to them because they said I wasn't "full Hawaiian". just keep your head up! And ofcourse we are all glad your o.k.!
    On the real tho, who IS full hawaiian? Honestly, you know what got to me? Being called a haoule by someone who moved here from Samoa, or the philipines. In terms of Hawaii as a nation, aren't they just as 'Haoule' as me? A good friend of mine was actually born and raised here on the island...in fact his family has been in the islands for at least 4 generations, and these FOB guys are calling HIM a Haoule? How you gonna act? On the reals, it's deteriated from a resentment from the loss of their nation (which I totally sympathize with) to out and out racism.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

the word "haole" never came out of her mouth did it? lol

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

That's why I would make sure I had my gun. BOOM to the face and she won't be yelling anymore.
    I hate stupid people. Sorry you had to run into one (literally). :'(
    /~*brooke

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by fiz_x
    On the real tho, who IS full hawaiian? Honestly, you know what got to me? Being called a haoule by someone who moved here from Samoa, or the philipines. In terms of Hawaii as a nation, aren't they just as 'Haoule' as me? A good friend of mine was actually born and raised here on the island...in fact his family has been in the islands for at least 4 generations, and these FOB guys are calling HIM a Haoule? How you gonna act? On the reals, it's deteriated from a resentment from the loss of their nation (which I totally sympathize with) to out and out racism.
    I took KOLEKOLE pass from shcofield into Nanakuli which ive never had a problem in and neither has my husband. He goes and plays airsoft out there. It is close to waianae, so maybe thats why. We were warned never to go there. However I live in waipahu and no problem there or in wahiawa so who knows. I understand the whole loss of their nation thing... but still I didnt do it. Theres no need for them to be ignorant and blame it on me. LOL and ive only been called a haoule once when i first got here and i got pissed.
    Last edited by USArmyWife; 08-24-2007 at 06:36 PM.
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

PIN/ID
    21a311e6

Yeah, everything past kapolei/makakilo is a bit risky at times. Honestly tho, don't let incidents like what you went through keep you from enjoying our islands, just keep your head up when you're out and about. Off subject, but I'm starting to notice quite a few stackers are from hawaii...Maybe we should have a pinstacker happy hour or something. This weekend is a 3 day weekend, let me know what you think!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by fiz_x
    Yeah, everything past kapolei/makakilo is a bit risky at times. Honestly tho, don't let incidents like what you went through keep you from enjoying our islands, just keep your head up when you're out and about. Off subject, but I'm starting to notice quite a few stackers are from hawaii...Maybe we should have a pinstacker happy hour or something. This weekend is a 3 day weekend, let me know what you think!
    Psst..I am from HI but not in HI...you still like I join the happy hour? Lolz. You can show me how much of a sexiness you working with. LMSMAOOOO

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Take care over.. make sure you bring some protection

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i think that's crazy. i mean i guess it doesn't matter where you go or what color you are people are going to find some reason to hate you or to be mean to you.

its insanity.

But you also have to remember, on the other hand that they feel threatened by you not because of you but because of what someone else did to them...if that makes any sense?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

USArmyWife...I'm really sorry this happened and it really saddens me to hear this because many of our people in Hawaii still have the Aloha Spirit very strong and despite some bitterness at the past, don't take it out on people that way. Some areas are bad as the other Hawaii Stackers have said here and it is best to avoid. Big Island you don't see this as often, but there are still areas where it exists sad to say. But again, there are angry people all over the world. Too bad we all can't just get along
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 08-28-2007 at 05:59 PM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    21a311e6

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    i think that's crazy. i mean i guess it doesn't matter where you go or what color you are people are going to find some reason to hate you or to be mean to you.

its insanity.

But you also have to remember, on the other hand that they feel threatened by you not because of you but because of what someone else did to them...if that makes any sense?
    That makes total sense. It's impossible to truly know what will motivate a person to act out in such a way. Who knows what happened to him/her in the past to influence them.

PIN/ID
    21a311e6

Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    Psst..I am from HI but not in HI...you still like I join the happy hour? Lolz. You can show me how much of a sexiness you working with. LMSMAOOOO
    You are totally invited! The sexiness is in full effect as evidenced by the 12 shots of tequila and gogo cage dancing the other night...wait, that wasn't sexiness was it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12