Results 1 to 13 of 13

Alrighty folks. I haven't seen this on here, but I thought I'd start. LET'S GET ... Stackers' Lounge forum

  1. #1
    I7oobie's Avatar
    I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,563

    Vista

    Advertisement



    Alrighty folks. I haven't seen this on here, but I thought I'd start. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

    So who has it? How are people liking it? Anybody having problems?

    I personally got Windows Vista Ultimate. I'm kind of a nerd. I found there was a problem with Dell computers and Vista. It didn't like a pre-installed Roxio D2D driver. I fixed it though. Anyways, let's hear it.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

  2. #2
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Vista

    how bout DM? did you install the SP so that it would work with Vista?

  3. #3
    I7oobie's Avatar
    I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Vista

    Actually, I haven't yet. It's a shame isn't it?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

  4. #4
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Vista

    nah...my hubby has had a pearl since November and he hasn't sync'ed once...if you don't use the calendar/contact functionality and always dowload OTA, then i can see forgetting...

  5. #5
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Re: Vista

    personally I just can't deal with windows anymore. I put up with it at work because of it is the standard. But Im saving for a mac.

    In the last 4 months I've rebuilt 5 laptops (2 of which were mine) from scratch. Because of the typical window issues.

    Meanwhile my GF got a mac and it came out the box- with exactly the software it advertised and working IMMEDIATELY. I got about 4 friends who are mac heads and been getting their opinions. And while apple is not perfect...it works. 99 % of the time.

  6. #6
    I7oobie's Avatar
    I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    personally I just can't deal with windows anymore. I put up with it at work because of it is the standard. But Im saving for a mac.

    In the last 4 months I've rebuilt 5 laptops (2 of which were mine) from scratch. Because of the typical window issues.

    Meanwhile my GF got a mac and it came out the box- with exactly the software it advertised and working IMMEDIATELY. I got about 4 friends who are mac heads and been getting their opinions. And while apple is not perfect...it works. 99 % of the time.
    Agree with you, but I got the hook-up on a Dell. Which unfortunately runs Windows. I got Vista for free (thanks T-Mobile), so i can't complain...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

  7. #7
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Re: Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    Agree with you, but I got the hook-up on a Dell. Which unfortunately runs Windows. I got Vista for free (thanks T-Mobile), so i can't complain...
    I wouldn't mind checking it out, but Im not spending my $ on it or racking my brain trying to fix any issues.

    Maybe I can get a friend to "lend" me a laptop with Vista for a weekend.

  8. #8
    I7oobie's Avatar
    I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Vista

    It's pretty cool. I guess it's more secure, but I've also notice it's a lot more graphic-laden. Dreamscenes, which makes you desktop animated, is wickedly cool. Also, I think the IE7 interface with Vista is a big up!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

  9. #9
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    Dreamscenes, which makes you desktop animated, is wickedly cool. Also, I think the IE7 interface with Vista is a big up!
    that sounds promising...what's the price tag for a consumer? off the top of yer head? i just had to do a system restore on my HP that i bought in june because of a bug i got from IE7...

  10. #10
    NerdWeez's Avatar
    NerdWeez no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30f8565e
    Posts
    115

    Re: Vista

    personally I just can't deal with windows anymore. I put up with it at work because of it is the standard. But Im saving for a mac.
    The operating system on the iPhone is more advanced than Vista. Vista is basically 2 generations behind the latest OSX. I'd get a Mac, espically since you can have Windows run natively with no emulation on a dual boot. You could have OSX, Vista, and Linux/Unix running on the same machine.

    Windows is still a necessity for alot of us because of its userbase, but OSX is for sure better than Vista.
    "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his soul?" -Jesus Christ

  11. #11
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Re: Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by NerdWeez
    The operating system on the iPhone is more advanced than Vista. Vista is basically 2 generations behind the latest OSX. I'd get a Mac, espically since you can have Windows run natively with no emulation on a dual boot. You could have OSX, Vista, and Linux/Unix running on the same machine.

    Windows is still a necessity for alot of us because of its userbase, but OSX is for sure better than Vista.

    EXACTLY.

    I would even go the distance and cop the Parallels software.

    In addition, its funny that XP just started working well (not 100%-lol) a few months ago and now to go through all that again....No thinks

  12. #12
    hls811's Avatar
    hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Vista

    I have it (Vista Ultimate) on my home PC (With a year old Dell) - seems to work fine.. had a few small issues right after the install, but got them taken care of...

    I am able to use my Pearl w/ Desktop Manager - it works fine.. no issues there...

    Its only gotta hold me over til Mac released a Core 2 Duo Mini then I'll jump right on that and dump the Dell.

  13. #13
    I7oobie's Avatar
    I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    I have it (Vista Ultimate) on my home PC (With a year old Dell) - seems to work fine.. had a few small issues right after the install, but got them taken care of...

    I am able to use my Pearl w/ Desktop Manager - it works fine.. no issues there...

    Its only gotta hold me over til Mac released a Core 2 Duo Mini then I'll jump right on that and dump the Dell.
    What issues were you having? I wonder since you had a Dell, if they were the same issues as mine.
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •