Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i heard on the radio yesterday. a politician. say "i dont want to take the ... Stackers' Lounge forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    ask me

Re: Virginia Tech...

i heard on the radio yesterday. a politician. say "i dont want to take the right of someone to carry a gun" i want to take the right of them to buy so much ammunition at once" are you kidding me. this is the most obserd thing ive ever heard in my life. people are insain. its so easy to buy a handgun it makes me sick.

you can walk into any gun shop. you have a drivers liscense and the money you can buy a gun and a 1000 rounds of ammo no questions asked. this is where the problem is.

ive been to many campus colleges with my cousin recently to look at colleges she wants to go to.. security?? there is none. you drive up to the security booth. ask where a building is and they let you in. thats it. they dont check id. they dont ask questions. they dont ask for anything.

imagine going to an airport. getting to the security checkpoint. saying excuse me do you know where my flight gate is. and the security guy says yes. no need for id. no need to check your baggage. no need to wait online. walk right threw its half way down on the left. HOW SAFE WOULD YOU FEEL TO FLY IF THATS HOW IT WAS?

its un-fair and senseless and i could ramble on about this all day. its truly unfair to the families and friends who lost loved ones.

also whats bothers me. my cousin who is set to go to college next year. is now scared to. actually having second thoughts. and im sure shes not the only one.

this country is so worried about whats going on in iraq, korea, afgan, and everywhere in the world. when maybe the problem is right here on our own soil.
    im sorry im venting im angry.
    r.i.p to everyone whos lives were taken senselessly. and dispicably

Tim Lau no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Virginia Tech...

~via BB (

Gun laws do not prevent determined criminals from obtaining guns. They only prevent law abiding citizens from being able to defend themselves. Only those who abide by the laws are really affected by them. California has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation yet we have a among the highest violent crime rates in the nation.

Unfortunately, an alert button for every student is also impractical. Police would be doing nothing all day but responding to accidental activations by students.

The real answer is to train people to be vigilant, aware of their surroundings,and not to be victims. That is not to say certain aspects of law enforcement and campus administration could not be improved. However, the unfortunate reality is that there was probably nothing the establishment could have done to prevent this tragedy.

Remember, security and liberty are many times at odds with each other. It is during difficult times like these that we must remember that sacrificing liberty for a bit of temporary security is not only ineffective, but compromises the very principles on which this country was founded.

Last edited by Tim Lau; 04-21-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123