Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so I come home last night, eat some dinner, chat on BBM for a ... Stackers' Lounge forum

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Venting ... frustration... grrrrrrrrr

Advertisement

Ok, so I come home last night, eat some dinner, chat on BBM for a few minutes with a couple people, watch a lil tv... basically procrastinate doing the wipe and reload on my BB, cuz I'm almost positive I DO NOT want to do this. Finally I can take it no longer. Icons appearing and disappearing randomly, my god i was in Rooster and it just went away, then came back while I was ..never mind what i was doing when I was playing Rooster..it's not relevant. ANYHOOO... so I get off my lazy hiney, go to the computer, plug up my precious baby in, cradle it in my lap, open DM, wait until its active and all.. click Back up.. wait... wait..wait... Then I am ready to wipe and reload.

Now, I'm thinking this is gonna take forever, so I grab my BB Manual and I'm reading, yeah, I like to read tech manuals, so sue me... a few minutes later I look down, and lo and behold, my precious is smiling at me showing all of her pretty icons. Cool. So YOU think. No BBM list.. No contacts in my address book. No bookmarks. Nothing that I've ever really needed and wanted on my precious is there anymore. My precious is blank. She has lost her personality and it's no where to be found.

It's a very sad day in Jade's BB world. sniff.

Ok, done venting..
    Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Venting ... frustration... grrrrrrrrr

Um...have you reloaded the backup into your device?

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Um...have you reloaded the backup into your device?
    Yes, I have.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well then its one of the following:

A: Didn't do a correct backup

B: Backup is corrupted

C: Backup didn't reinstall correctly

Pretty sure only C is going to be the only fixable solution in this case.

BBMessenger Contacts don't backup (Unless there is a new DM that is automatically doing it) so you will have to reload all of those.

Everything else should have been backed up

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh Jaded. Doesn't sound good.
    Do you sync your contacts via DM using Outlook? If so I'm surprised those have popped back in when connected to your DM. And N8 is right about your bb messenger. This should be something RIM includes in future DM/OS upgrades. But who knows. Sorry so many problems

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

What are the chances you did a wipe handheld THEN did a backup?

Just checking, stranger things have happened.

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

Quote Originally Posted by JadedBerry
    Ok, so I come home last night, eat some dinner, chat on BBM for a few minutes with a couple people, watch a lil tv... basically procrastinate doing the wipe and reload on my BB, cuz I'm almost positive I DO NOT want to do this. Finally I can take it no longer. Icons appearing and disappearing randomly, my god i was in Rooster and it just went away, then came back while I was ..never mind what i was doing when I was playing Rooster..it's not relevant. ANYHOOO... so I get off my lazy hiney, go to the computer, plug up my precious baby in, cradle it in my lap, open DM, wait until its active and all.. click Back up.. wait... wait..wait... Then I am ready to wipe and reload.

Now, I'm thinking this is gonna take forever, so I grab my BB Manual and I'm reading, yeah, I like to read tech manuals, so sue me... a few minutes later I look down, and lo and behold, my precious is smiling at me showing all of her pretty icons. Cool. So YOU think. No BBM list.. No contacts in my address book. No bookmarks. Nothing that I've ever really needed and wanted on my precious is there anymore. My precious is blank. She has lost her personality and it's no where to be found.

It's a very sad day in Jade's BB world. sniff.

Ok, done venting..
    Jade
    Believe it or not I went through a similar situation last night but my bb had totally crashed!!! After reloading using the dm my precious was also blank!! I was as if I'd just taken her out of the box for the first time!!!!!! So believe me when I feel your pain!

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh Jaded. Doesn't sound good.
    Do you sync your contacts via DM using Outlook?
    Todd, Outlook is one of those programs that mysteriously disappeared off my computer last week. I think, no I BELIEVE, that the Technology Gods are getting me back for some past life in which I abused a new fangled device. I need to see a hypnotherapist and find out what I did to deserve such techno hatred.

Jade

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    What are the chances you did a wipe handheld THEN did a backup?

Just checking, stranger things have happened.
    Nope, did the backup first. It just hates me. I think my computer got mad cuz I spend more time on BB than I do on it. So it just deleted my backup.

Seriously, I dunno. But I'm almost over my mad. ALMOST.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I was ONE TIME able to backup and restore my BB Messenger contacts, but I don't remember how I did it.

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it
    (bump)

this one's for you vince

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    ^^You must really be bored.

rickerb69 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    askme4it
    ...looks like the pot calling the kettle black, huh?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Thanks for that, hope next week is the week that I can finally start booking flight and stuff
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    So Vince is it a go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast