Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just got a breaking news alert that now there's a new Tropical Storm, this one ... Stackers' Lounge forum

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: Those on the big island of hawaii

Advertisement

Just got a breaking news alert that now there's a new Tropical Storm, this one is Erin and out in the Gulf and headed towards the Texas Coastline.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tr...=wxcenter_news

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

if tan is doing the news and weather, can i be chip skipperson, the human interest story and 100 year old birthday guy??
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

she forgot to say stay classy... i want her to say stay classy
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

yep, it's supposed to hit our coastline tomorrow i think. we're already getting rain in houston.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Scotch, scotch, I love scotch!!

And stay classy Pinstack!
    Last edited by TanBucsFan; 08-15-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

why don't you go back to your home on _____ island! haha

ok ok jokes. isn't this the weather thread?

PIN/ID
    OICU812

his movies are so stupid, but get funnier every time you watch em...

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Yea I think this should be the official hurricane watch thread lol.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Also protect them BB's at all times.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Hurricane Dean has now been upgraded to a Cat 3 hurricane and projected to become a Cat 4. Right now models are showing it'll be hitting between TX and the Mexico Yucatan Peninsula. But as we all know that will probably change another 10 times before it hits the Gulf. But this is a storm to watch, he's packing one hell of a punch. I hope steers away from the US though.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Before it gets to the US, it is on a collision course for Jamaica (my best friends family lives there). Let's say a prayer for them. And another prayer that it weakens and does not hit Texas and the rest of the gulf coast too hard.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    Since Hawaii hasn't seen a hurricane since 1992, I thought I'd post up some info on what you need to stock up on. I've been through more than my fair share of hurricanes (I think the count is 4 now, not including the 10-20 tropical storms and depressions that I've been through as well). Honestly I've always had a kind of eh attitude about hurricanes because I've been through it so many times where the media says omg its coming, it's gonna hit Tampa and then it takes a little bump and slams Punta Gorda instead (hurricane charley). Hurricane Katrina made me wake up and realize that I needed to take hurricanes more seriuosly....what bothered me the most was the children that had no formula or milk or juice.

So a basic supply list for what you absolutely should have in your home/possession:
    • Flashlights and extra bulbs
    • Battery-operated radio
    • Fully charged battery-operated lanterns. Don't get candles and kerosene lanterns. They are fire hazards.
    • Extra batteries
    • Matches
    • Clock (wind-up or battery-operated)
    • Plastic garbage bags
    • Working fire extinguishers
    • Scissors
    • Clean change of clothes, rain gear, sturdy swamp boots
    • An inexpensive rabbit-ears television antenna to use if cable goes out
    This is a list of food and beverages you should have on hand:
    • Bottled water. Figure on a gallon of drinking water per person per day.
    • Shelf-package juice and milk boxes
    • Canned and powdered milk
    • Beverages (powdered or canned, fruit juices, instant coffee, tea)
    • Prepared foods (canned soups, beef, spaghetti, tuna, chicken, ham, corned beef hash, fruit cocktail, packaged pudding)
    • Canned vegetables and fruits
    • Dried fruits
    • Snacks (crackers, cookies, hard candy, nuts)
    • Snack spreads (peanut butter, cheese spreads, jelly)
    • Cereals
    • Raw vegetables
    • Sugar, salt, pepper
    • Bread
    • Dry and canned pet food
    • Right now, buy all the nonperishable foods you will need, put them in a box and leave them alone, except to rotate stock. Stock up on ice and pack coolers as early as possible. Freezing them ahead of time is less hassle than fighting for them at a store.
    • Before the storm, turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting and drape blankets over them, but keep bottom vents clear. Then move perishables you'll use first into ice chests to limit opening of refrigerators.
    • Designate one cooler you will open regularly; fill that with drinks and less perishable items. Set aside other coolers for more perishable things such as meats and open them only rarely.
    • Crank up your ice maker, break out the ice cube trays or fill jugs with water, so you can be making and storing ice in your freezer or coolers around the clock.
    • Store cubes or small blocks of ice in sealed bags and containers so you can drink it after it melts.
    • Clean your bathtub out, then wash it with bleach. Rinse thoroughly. If possible, line it with plastic. Then fill it and as many clean bottles as you can with drinking water. Fill your toilet tank; you'll want it to flush after the storm.
    There are several other "lists" on this link for what you should stock up on if you have a baby, pets and also what to do with the items in your house and outside your house (remember anything left outside can and will become a projectile item).

For more lists go here:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/14/2004/4/1/29.html
    This is so helpful. I live in New England and most of the time we think we are immune to hurricane devastion, but it is not out of the realm of possibility.Most of the time we never think about this stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Its already a cat 4 and they're predicting it could reach cat 5 status. Big storm. I'll say a prayer for all those in deans path.

And like you said that it doesn't hit the US especially not as a cat 4 or 5.

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey all stackers on oahu, did you notice the giant xband radar is back? Well I work at pearl harbor and we've come up with a little theory. The xband radar is the bringer of the appocolypse. First time it came...40 days and 40 nights of rain. Second time it came, the tsunami scare, the next time it came, the october earthquake, and this time 2 hurricanes and an earthquake. Coincidence?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Wow fiz x...this is not pleasant news
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast