Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by DjSmooth As a Soldier of the USA, the very first thing you ... Stackers' Lounge forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    As a Soldier of the USA, the very first thing you do is go to Basic Training, and that makes you've trained for War time if needed. Joining any branch of the Armed Service is just that, You are a Soldier First, and what are Soldiers for. Don't get it twisted, the Service is not a Sleepaway Camp, livin Campus or Schooling Abroad. You join the Service to be ready if and or when your Commander in Cheif "The President" calls you to duty.
    Very VERY true!!!!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Yeah I already know about that. Let's hope I get lucky and there is no war. Lol

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Let us know if you do join! I think Soldiers are very special!!!!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    I sure will, but I also decided to give this a long period of thought. I know for sure if I get stuck in life then I'm going in!

Thanks for everyone's advice, I really appreciate it!!!

---

--HeavyC.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    That is such a hard question to answer.
    I had a friend who joined the irish army and as he said he fecking hated it. He joined up to get a trade which he did. And then left.
    I cannt see any job that wouldn't mean you would not be station over seas. And at my last count the US in involved in two wars but I doubt that the 'media' there is saying that.
    I did think myself many years ago of joining but in the end I didn't cause I'm not one for following the rules and also hate people telling me what to do.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    I hate being told what to do also. I signed up for the Airforce when I was a senior in highschool. I passed the test, I think it was the ASVAB or something like that. Sorry if I offended anyone by calling it something its not, anyway, I was heavily recruited due to my scores and I eventually went to sign up. I thought I was making the right decision, I wasnt going to be a solider I was picking up a trade. Well I went to the center I was awakened at 4am, forced to eat breakfast then off to a facility where you go through a series of tests. Vision/hearing/physical etc the whole ordeal took like 8 hours, after which I went and had lunch. I had a severe headache and was sitting in the hallway waiting to be sworn in. Someone of higher rank, I dont even know what branch he was in walked over to me. I was sitting on the bench holding my head. He bent down and started screaming in my face that I am a solider and soliders dont slouch. He went on a tirade for about 2 mins and it was at that moment that I knew this was not for me. I never went through the swear in process, and both of my parents did not sign for me going to the airforce, they couldnt keep me. Thank god for a deadbeat dad or I would have been stuck doing something I really didnt want to do.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

PIN/ID
    Thanks for the replies guys.

---

--HeavyC.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    My Father is X Delta and Ranger Trainer, and Is Now Parttime DOD (Department of defense)
    I say go for it. However, Me and my brother and sister we grew up as army brats. It was Easy Back then. Its Ruff Now, If you're planning on Kids someday , Dont make a Career out of it.
    Go in Do you're 4, let them pay you and your college, then split.
    It's Not a Life for Kids, I Hated it personally But I couldn't Image what it would be like now adays to be a AB.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Get a trade and then get out, that's what I would do

PIN/ID
    Thanks for the replies, I need as much advice I can get.

---

--HeavyC.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have thought about too, many times; had the high ASVAB scores and all. I just couldn't see signing four yrs of my life away to anyone, straight out of high school. While I have made many mistakes in life, I don't think that is one of them. I was ready to again on 9-11-01, but had I enlisted either time, my life would not have become what it is now. I would not trade my family for ANYTHING! Do I ever reconsider, yeah because jobs can be scarce that pay well. But life is hard, and you gotta be up for the challange! Don't mean to rant, just my 2 cts.

Peace
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12