In the big town of RIC for work sponsored conference. Currently laying in my hotel ... Stackers' Lounge forum

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

They called him: Nerd

Advertisement

In the big town of RIC for work sponsored conference. Currently laying in my hotel bed, too hung over to go to class yet.

A buddy of mine works in the headquarters office, I go by to see him, we had plans to get drinks and dinner after work. He has the new VZW 8830 world phone. I, of course, can't resist playing around with it. I say, wow, nice phone, very cool, what is your PIN, I'll add it to my phone. I get stupid look #1 in return.

We're BS'ing about some other stuff, my phone rings, I answer, then leave it on the desk when I hang up. He sees my trackball is blue, not white like his. "Why is yours blue and mine is white?" I tell him I downloaded an app from the internet, and it lets me set the color. Stupid look #2.

He looks at me and says "you've crossed that line over to nerd with your phone."

Do I tell him about my Pinstack addiction?

Oh yeah, once I showed him how to PIN, he wouldn't stop sending them to me.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Re: They called him: Nerd

First get a pic from him so that Synk can make magic with it , then tell him about Pinstack , by the time he signs up , his pic will be ready for him !!! ( u did not crossed any line with his phone at all )

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I get those kinds of looks all the time!! Plus I give them back to people who have BB's but don't use them to their full potential. Like one of the guys in my office, he only uses his for email....I look at him like he's crazy because he has no themes, color apps, alarm apps, free MP3 ringtones or any of that. lol.

I say tell him about your Pinstack addiction and then look at him like he's stupid for not knowing about the best place on the net to get BB help and BB fun!! lol

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

The "nerd" name is quite fitting if you ask me

twieder no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E83629

A nerd is a fearsome creature, to be pitied and avoided. Same goes for nerkles and seersuckers.

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Nah! There's nothing wrong with it. I'm a "Phone Nerd", a "Pinstack Addict" and a "Gamer Geek"

I've got it far worse than you...

oh, and don't forget "Raging Drunk"
    Cingular is now the new at&t

DaBlackPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E4F2FD

I'm a Pinstack nerd and proud of it!

BBnewb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241EFB69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have a friend that got his BB after me. I found this place and have learned a lot from all of you and I told my friend that I had found the stacks, that he needed to come here and look around he still hasn't and to this day asks how I did that on my phone! He leaves everything on his BB at default no ringtones, no wallpapers, no themes. It kills me he says he does it because he works in a corp atmosphere. Thanks for letting me vent.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A
    Quote Originally Posted by twieder
    A nerd is a fearsome creature, to be pitied and avoided. Same goes for nerkles and seersuckers.
    I so need to get a hold of this pic. I want it as my wallpaper.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by Natox
    I so need to get a hold of this pic. I want it as my wallpaper.
    right-click-save-as

a few friends thought i was nuts when i first got my bb and starting playing with it on here. then they all got pearls and curves and were asking me how to do everything lol

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

I am totally geek-chic...I got the typical crackberry addiction, as well as my pinstack addiction, then I got my laptop addiction...I'm on my 4th one right now, and just loaded Linux Ubuntu onto it...I already have slax on my desktop, I'm pirating internet with a wireless repeater mounted on my garage, I have internet in my car via a clearwire modem and a small wireless router. Why? Cuz I wanted to listen to internet radio in my car! I have a huge shopping fetish and collect shoes bags and hats. What kind of shoes? Anything with a bit of style, baby! what kind of bags? Mostly messenger bags. What kind of hats? EVERYTHING! Fedoras, bowlers, beanies, visor beanies, cabbys, Tams, and a couple derbys.
    The main thing that makes me "geek-chic"...I shop at the gap.
    Oh yeah, I've turned geek into a fashion! So remember...whenever anyone calls you a geek, a nerd, etc etc hold your head up high as you are the harbinger of a new era of high fashion and trend. lmao, at least thats what I tell myself so I don't feel so bad at night...

barrythebadger no está en línea Stack level 4

If crackberry-ers are nerds, then i'm happy to be a nerd! Better that than a low level prole or dullard that can hardly manage to make calls on them (trust me, we've got them here!). Every day i learn something new about my Pearl, and every day i get a little bit more excited about it!

If your buddy can't handle you enjoying the wonderful technology, maybe it's time to get a new friend, one made of blackberrys, or pixels!!!!