I try to catch an episode of Ghost Hunter's on the Sci Fi channel every ... Stackers' Lounge forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Question The Supernatural

Advertisement

I try to catch an episode of Ghost Hunter's on the Sci Fi channel every now and again to see if they can ever find evidence on an actual spirit living in a place and all there is on the show is "possibilites" or nothing at all. Well last night another "hunter" show debuted and it was UFO Hunters where people do the same thing but with aliens and UFOs. I caught the last 30 minutes or so of the show after watching Cloverfield (great movie BTW) and it got me wondering, "Who actually believes in this stuff?"

So this thread is open for the opinions of anyone in the stacks to discuss their views of aliens or the afterlife or what not. I advise if you are easily offended by this stuff not to post anything if it were to result in conflict or anything. But I'd like to open with 2 questions. Feel free to build off the questions or ask you own,

1. Do you believe in UFOs?
    2. Do you believe in ghosts?

Personally I believe in demons and dark spirits but not disembodied souls. And I believe in UFOs but that they are man made, not extraterestrial.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: The Supernatural

I believe in both. You can't possibly think that we are alone in this huge universe. It just doesn't make any sense that we would be the only ones. We are so isolated because as humans we are destructive in nature. I really doubt there are evil aliens like all the movies show.

And ghosts are real they are just people who refuse, or haven't gone over to the other side. Or don't even know they are dead. And so they will become angry sometimes if you are "invading" their place, especially if they don't know they are dead because its like you are trespassing.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Yeah see I don't believe we're alone in the universe, I also don't believe in life on other planets intellegent enough to build large ships and fly 90 billion light years so they can take out reproductive fluids and experiment. Whatever UFOs we do see are government built
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

I think ufos do come here to earth. I think they come to earth to monitor what we are doing here and I even believe we have some living among us. But the reason I think they monitor us is because what we do to the earth also affects them, because it could be like a chain reaction.

Well there was a ufo sighting in texas and the government said there was no air activity in that area by anyone. But then a few days later retracked their statement saying that the air force had some jets in the area. How does the govt not know who is in the air and where, especially since 9/11 they keep that really strict.

What do you think about the whole end of the world theory on 12/21/2012 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    -------
    I think ufos do come here to earth. I think they come to earth to monitor what we are doing here and I even believe we have some living among us. But the reason I think they monitor us is because what we do to the earth also affects them, because it could be like a chain reaction.

Well there was a ufo sighting in texas and the government said there was no air activity in that area by anyone. But then a few days later retracked their statement saying that the air force had some jets in the area. How does the govt not know who is in the air and where, especially since 9/11 they keep that really strict.

What do you think about the whole end of the world theory on 12/21/2012?
    Last edited by devingiles; 01-31-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

1) Yes, but it's not super natural. There's only so much free space to test top secret technology. The Gov't denied many of the supersonic jet technology for years that would bolt across foreign skies taking long distance photo recon. We now have jets that require no run way to take off, land and can actually maneuver to the side. This didn't happen overnight. Prototypes had to be built, tested, rebuilt, retested and so forth.

If Egyptians could work gold into being 1/100th of an inch and Romans built luxury pleasure ships with on board plumbing, I think modern day man can create a few things in secret that defy the imagination with the tools we have.

2) yes, but I don't believe they are the souls of the dead or yada yada, just evil spirits/demons playing tricks.

side note:

good threads.

Understanable about the testing aircrafts. But there are definitely UFOs and aliens. How else do you explain the pyramids, or stonehenge or some of the pyramids and temples in south america? Modern day scientists have tried to construct pyramids with the same tools and manpower that the egyptians had and weren't able to recreate the pyramid's precision and let alone get much of it finished. They couldn't get much of it right.egyptians had gods that came from the skies. These "gods" helped them create the marvels that they are known for and helped other cultures all across the planet. 8th wonders could not have been man made with the technology that they had back then. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

"It's impossible the world could be round"

"Something smaller than an atom? Impossible"

"Cloning? Impossible"

I can go on and on. Everything is considered impossible until it is found possible. Just because scientists can not recreate what was once made does not mean it was impossible to do by the power of man. Many histories and technology has been lost through out time and some things may remain lost.

A lot of what is lost is mans fault to begin with, because once someone is conquered man feels the need to destroy their history. Everything they have done could still been available if europeans didn't feel the need to burn down the greatest and biggest library, in timbuktu or the bible would have been a lot different had things not been destroyed and ppl decide what belongs and what doesn't belong.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Modern day scientists have tried to construct pyramids with the same tools and manpower that the egyptians had and weren't able to recreate the pyramid's precision and let alone get much of it finished. They couldn't get much of it right.egyptians had gods that came from the skies. These "gods" helped them create the marvels that they are known for and helped other cultures all across the planet. 8th wonders could not have been man made with the technology that they had back then
    Same manpower?
    Anyway scientists have mostly explained how the half ton boulders can be transported/positioned using primitive technology. There are over 100 Pyramids in Egypt all vary in size and design, many have flaws. Is it the bigger ones that god assisted with. Studying these structures we can see how Egyptians evolved in their engineering methods. Pharaohs lived for these giants to be completed within their lifetime and being the absolute ruler and god it was on Empires priority list.
    No doubt Giza is an amazing piece of work and I'm sure it took decades to build but we underestimate human power and time.

" i don't know how something works therefore (god,ufo,alien,ghosts, spirit) did it, isn't a valid argument.