It was suggested that we have a Hangover Thread....Lets see just how miserable it is ... Stackers' Lounge forum

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

The Morning After...A Hangover Story

Advertisement

It was suggested that we have a Hangover Thread....Lets see just how miserable it is to have a Hangover.

And everybody remember:

There's a Lovely little thing called "The Hair O' The Dog"

Or you can just let us know about your horror stories about the morning after...
    Cingular is now the new at&t

PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Re: The Morning After...A Hangover Story

Alrighty...

Well, as I stated before, I've never had a hangover...but I'll tell a story of the closest thing. When I was 16, my parents left town so I had a buddy of mine over to drink. I hadn't really drank before so I didn't know my limit. We had this smart idea to get one of our other friends' parents to buy us a Half Gallon of Monarch Vodka...

...one of the worst ideas of my life!

We drank the whole thing...in 3 hours

We experimented (with mixed drinks) mixed it with everything in the house and when we got pretty drunk we decided to go shot for shot. By the 20th shot, I couldn't really stand up anymore, but thought it would be a good idea to go up the stairs...it took me half an hour. When I got up, I went back down and drank some more.

We eventually blacked out, and shortly after (as far as I know ) we passed out. The way I felt in the morning, I thought I had alcohol poisoning...Couldn't do anything but throw up, the room was still spinning, and I had the worst migrane I could ever imagine...

so what did I do??

Like a true Irish/German, we both grabbed some Blue Boar and started drinking again!

The Hair O' the Dog that Bit Us!

needless to say I was sick for a week!

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

When i was in high school, we used to play this game ,with my classmates, before anyone took a zip of booze, we told them , the first drunk of the night wont have hair the next day , man I must have done like 10 of my classmates, it was hilarious to see their faces the next day when they woke up without hair !!!!!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by GBallew
    Alrighty...

Well, as I stated before, I've never had a hangover...but I'll tell a story of the closest thing. When I was 16, my parents left town so I had a buddy of mine over to drink. I hadn't really drank before so I didn't know my limit. We had this smart idea to get one of our other friends' parents to buy us a Half Gallon of Monarch Vodka...

...one of the worst ideas of my life!

We drank the whole thing...in 3 hours

We experimented (with mixed drinks) mixed it with everything in the house and when we got pretty drunk we decided to go shot for shot. By the 20th shot, I couldn't really stand up anymore, but thought it would be a good idea to go up the stairs...it took me half an hour. When I got up, I went back down and drank some more.

We eventually blacked out, and shortly after (as far as I know ) we passed out. The way I felt in the morning, I thought I had alcohol poisoning...Couldn't do anything but throw up, the room was still spinning, and I had the worst migrane I could ever imagine...

so what did I do??

Like a true Irish/German, we both grabbed some Blue Boar and started drinking again!

The Hair O' the Dog that Bit Us!

needless to say I was sick for a week!
    I think the migrane, spinning and thowing up in the morning might be signs of a hangover. Maybe it's just me.

PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

nah, a Hangover is just a migrane...the throwing up and all are signed of alcohol poisoning

nah, a Hangover is just a migrane...the throwing up and all are signed of alcohol poisoning
    I'm 100% Irish. I've never had a hangover either.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc
    who asked you ?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc
    I'm 100% Irish also, but get a hangover 1x every two weeks lol

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    I'm 100% Irish also, but get a hangover 1x every two weeks lol
    Lol..Hangovers hurt more than they used to. Oh, to be young again.

PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Why hello my fellow irishmen! I may only be half irish, but its the half I'm most proud of! Erin Go Braugh!

(P.S. I'm drunk right now!!!)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Slainte Galore (Irish toast) my friend. Sorry for buggin' ya.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Actually no it's not, it's a sign of dehydration. When you drink alcohol and do not mix in water throughout the night you will dehydrate yourself. The more beer (especially) you drink the more you dehydrate yourself and the next morning you have a headache, and vomit because your body is reacting to being dehydrated.

Alcohol poisoning has the following symptoms:
    • Unconscious or semiconsciousness.
      Slow respiration (breaths) of eight or less per minute or lapses between breaths of more than eight seconds.
    • Cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin. In the event of alcohol poisoning, these signs and symptoms will most likely be accompanied by a strong odor of alcohol. While these are obvious signs of alcohol poisoning, the list is certainly not all inclusive.
    I was married to an alcoholic for many years and I know the difference between someone who dehydrates themselves, and someone who has poisoned themselves and the signs of dehydration can be confused for alcohol poisoning.

Me personally I drink tequila and cannot stand hangovers, so for each margarita or tequila sunrise I drink, I follow it with a glass of water and I do not get hangovers. Why anyone would want to wake up with a massive headache and then spend the entire day puking and sleeping is beyond me...to me there is no fun in that at all...I've done it once and will never do it again lol.
    Last edited by TanBucsFan; 08-01-2007 at 09:47 AM.

PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Huh, good to know! Thanks for that, I never really took the time to look it up.

Come to think about it, I normally to have a couple glasses of water (large glasses, mind you) when I drink...so maybe thats why I don't get hangovers...

...either way, Ireland Forever! lol

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Hey Ranz... as per your request...

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha
    Hey Ranz... as per your request...
    Thank you sunshine!!!!!!! But im gonna be straight forward no story here just plain headache!