Alright... I'm ranting & raving over here cause as usual I'm trying to do too ... Stackers' Lounge forum

crystalized no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Lightbulb The Greatest, Most Unlikely Ideas & Upgrades for BB's!!!...

Advertisement

Alright... I'm ranting & raving over here cause as usual I'm trying to do too many things at once on my PC with my BB AS A MODEM!!! LOL!!! (...so we all know how SLOW this process is going...)

So one day in June, 06 I got the brilliant idea that I wanted to spend a crapload of money for a BB! It first started with me bit*hing with T-Mobile for 2 months on getting my bill sorted out because after initially buying my BB for $300 (after $50 rebate...) I argued with them for 2 months about my bill being all wrong. Six wks after daily 2 hour conversations with them, I knocked my bill down from $540 bucks to $56!!! WOOHOO, I ROCK!!! ...So then onto the fun stuff... It all started with me struggling to get the BB to EVEN work as a MODEM...T-Mobile had their head up their a** when it came to 'IF IT COULD' or 'IF IT COULDN'T' be used as a modem. Once that was sorted and working, I then had issues with finding loads of RINGTONES. Once I got about 20 or so ringtones for free cause I got fed up with paying T-Mobile and additional $1.99 for each when I already have a $90 a mo. phone bill with them... I moved onto trying to download THEME's in my BB and realized I needed Plazmic. After the struggle to get Plazmic, and getting that to work, then I thought I'd be a good idea to try 'n' get NES for my BB and play Super Mario Bros (which I'm still trying to figure out... N8 - where's my email with the PC download?! haha...) So then I got the brilliant idea to BUILD MY OWN THEMES and went back to Plazmic to download their Theme Builder not knowing that I needed a Java and a BB Environment program...so spending several man hours getting a FUNCTIONING program of each I realized a few things...

First off... BB's need TURBOS!!! LOL!!! ...or atleast a higher speed modem, like cable! T1 or T3 would freakin' ROCK!!! (...common, they do everything else, why not this?!...)

Next... they need a USB port that'll fit jump drives (or maybe they do on some, but not the 8700g...)

Thirdly... 3rd party software developers and BB themselves need to pull their head outa their as* and put ***ALL*** THE SOFTWARE NEEDED FOR a PROGRAM in *ONE, EASY-TO-USE*, BOTH OTA AND PC DOWNLOAD FORMATS!!! (...my god, is this too much to ask?!...haha!!!)

Next off... their needs to be some software built into the BB that holds all the 3rd party downloads, photos and ringtones so if customers DO UPGRADE BB's, they can simply pull that program off the old BB and onto the new one by an EASY UPGRADE method!

SOOOOO yeahhhhhh.... we almost hafta be computer geniuses to own a BB!... LOL!! Ok... I'm done.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: The Greatest, Most Unlikely Ideas & Upgrades for BB's!!!...

haha! I agree with the all-in-one solution!!

Heck send them an email telling them you want T1 ! I wonder what they will say?

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

chat: hmmm...they'll probably tell me 1 of 2 answers:

1: "we might be able to look at incorporating a faster modem in the upcomming models..." (and the upcomming models will be like$400-$500 bucks... theirs no way T-Mobile will let me get another "FREE" phone...LOL!)

OR...

2: "the BB's aren't meant to be used as modems therefore we aren't working on faster modem solutions..."

...man... I think us consumers could make a better phone. I don't think these "PDA" developers really use these things before they go selling 'em for $300 bucks!!!!

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

An adapter that fits in the port to integrate micro SD cards on all BB's would be very useful. I wonder how hard it would be for them to get one made for us--not everyone wants to have to have a Pearl (and on CDMA we can't and likely won't be able to for quite some time) to be able to have more than 64 megs of memory with VERY limited file transfer.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

good points Yellowfin...

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

I want a stun gun incorporated into my BB to protect it from those who are jealous and which my berry harm. LOL

In all seriousness- USB port would be great.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    I want a stun gun incorporated into my BB to protect it from those who are jealous and which my berry harm. LOL

In all seriousness- USB port would be great.
    LOL!!! That's hilarious!!! It's like BB's are our lil' pets! haha!

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

They're much better than pets. My dog doesn't get my messages, arrange meetings, track my budget, do my shopping, and keep me company in the airport or in down times at work.

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82

the USB port would be awesome.... or if there was a way to incorperate my bb in witht he key fob for my car.... seems like i am always messing with my phone walking to and from it, so locking unlocking and starting the car would be really easy from my phone

also an IR port to make it a universal remote.... one of my old nokias had it, and it was always a good time changing the channel on the tvs at bars or whatever from across the room

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Yellowfin... your comment ROCKS... come to think of it, my dog doesn't do those things either! LOL!!!!!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    ~Eric.. Ooooh, the key-fob ides is REAL good... Haha, can u imagine what the folks @ BB would say to all this!?!? Lol!!!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    • Universal remote- YES (had this on a PPC awesome tool)
    • any connectivity to my car would be great too- whether to send music too, start my engine, get diagnostics...
    • faster modem capabilites - most definitly
    • USB- YES!!!!
    • stun gun (just in case someone tried to take it from me- 200K volts SUCKA!)