View Poll Results: Did Prince ROCK the Half Time Show?

Voters
8. Register free to vote on this poll
  • PRINCE KICKED A**!! Purple Rain in the RAIN ! WTF!!!

8 100.00%
  • Prince sucks a** and don't ever bring this up again

0 0%
  • I don't care- DA BEARS LOST and I CRIED

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been reading a alot about the Superbowl, superbowl ads and superbowl half time show. Ironically- ... Stackers' Lounge forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Superbowl Halftime Show- Your Thoughts

Advertisement

Been reading a alot about the Superbowl, superbowl ads and superbowl half time show.

Ironically- I didn't watch the superbowl, but definitely caught the half time show. I am a fan of Prince and I thought he kicked A**.

What are your thoughts?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show- Your Thoughts

I'm likin Prince too. However, the most impressive thing about every halftime show is how they are able to clear out all of the stages, equipment and fans off the field after the show in less than 5 minutes. Now, that is impressive.

jikozi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5

Prince rocks!

cclaw125 no está en línea Stack level 3

I thought the half-time show was great! How cool is it to sing Purple Rain in the pouring down rain!

PIN/ID

I am beginning to think that anyone who thought that show didn't rock was some young'in (aka- kid) who has no knowledge of their music history OR just someone who is tone-deaf.

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

^^ lol

PIN/ID

This just happened in the elevator where I work. Some young guy who works in the mail room just told his friend and I quote..."Yeah superbowl show was cool, but Im sayin why was Prince trying to sound like Justin Timberlake"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'm. 40 year old mom and I was 14 and in high school when purple rain hit the charts. I fell in love with him them and seeing him do purple rain in the rain "awesome"! Still luv him! I didn't watch the superbowl but did set an alarm to remind me to tune in just to see prince! Never disapoints!

speddiek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F2AO68

Wow... Us young'ins thought he was horrible... I thought it was the dullest halftime show I've ever watched... It gave me time to use the facilities... Another thing... Seriously tho... Is prince into the "unnatural" relations as talked about in the good book?

PIN/ID
    ask

Well I tell ya, you "youngins" think rap is music ! Lol..I actually like some rap artist but mostly old school rap..allthough - I really like my Snoop Dogg! You should see 40 year( lol) moms faces when I admit that!lol that's the best..our music wasn't all about violence and cappin someone with a 42 either. It was about fun and dancing. As for Princes sexuality?? How knows? But its always been questionable? But as the "good book says" its not for us to judge anyone..that's between him and his god. He's always been "delicate" looking though.. I still love him though! He Really knows his stuff..what energy! I just lov'em! Plus purple has always been my favorite color..come to think about it,I bet his house is a purple nightmare!haha

amdot9898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400cd225

When your young its common to be kinda dumb. Prince gave a great show. Its also common when your young to knock what is before your time . Or what is beyond your range of understanding. Prince pre dates hip hop at a time before the great division in music. Hip hop isn't for everyone. At least some of the music. We now live in a time where little boy from the burbs can be a gansta with a C.D or a wanna be punk star with his moms make up. When real punk was hard like gansta rap. Prince brought people together. So show some respect. See respect also is a sign wisdom and at least a normal IQ range. The first mobiles suck when you put them up against what we have now. But we respect the front runners. Prince did and said things in his music that open doors. Do your homework respect the history. Flex that 140 IQ or work on that below 90.

PIN/ID
    ask

At least we knew music! There has never been another album as unique as "purple rain" you know. Maybe what's confusing the younger generation is that back in "our day" you could actually understand what the muscians were saying when they recorded a song and when we danced we didn't have to bump and grind and hump each others legs to have fun, because that's what the music was about "having fun" not killing anyone or having sex with everyone on the dance floor. FUN

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You make some good points but some rather rash generalizations as well. Yes, younger people should have an appreciation of music that was before their time, but the older generations should not turn up their noses to current music if its done in a tasteful or fun way. There are many rap/pop/hip hop groups and soloists that are really trying to clean up your "all rap is NWA" attitude. Look at artists like Common, Lupe Fiasco, Cross Movement, and the countless other groups out there making what you call un-music. I believe music is defined as a collection of rythm and sound. I think rap music qualifies. I'm not saying it's all good and joyous music, but music none the less. I'm sorry I had to rant, but as a young, educated black man I hate to hear some of our older generation of citizens down a type of music as a whole as much as they have done with rap music. I would call myself a very eclectic music listener as my music collection includes many artists spreading many genres of music. I understand everyone can't possibly like everything, but please try to keep a respectful open mind as younger people experiment and eventually come up with the next revolutionary sound of music.

Oh yeah, I loved the half time show.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask

That's cool, I hear what your saying but if u read my previous post I listed snoop dogg as one of my favorite artist, I know his lyrics are totally hardcore and in many songs vulgar, hey my 40, I don't have little kids anymore(I'm an educated generation Xr,white suburban mom) u can hear him and other "rap artist" playing while I turn into my cul d sac in my suburban neighborhood. I guess what I'm trying to say is some rappers actually have a story to tell and do it well, others just jump on the gangsta bandwagon. I would consider at least one of the groups u mentioned above more R and B. My gosh, I'm not ancient, I went to high school in the late 80s and really don't feel like I fit under the title "older generation" that's my parents (in their mid 60s) jeeze.. Un music, that's a good discription of a lot of current artist, ah not just rappers either,can u say ashley simpson? Rappers need to find their way? Great let them, but talkin about killing, killing,revenge, the coolness of this gang or that, is not the way..What happened to the real men who preached respect and non- violence, while finding their way...such as Dr.king? I wonder what he'd think of such lyrics? He'd support their freedom to say it, but I'd bet he'd be disappointed in what our younger generation is saying in a lot of their music. He was truly before his time and a great leader and man.

PIN/ID

WOW- good comments- just some random thoughts

-it is one thing to rap about violence IF that is what you lived thru, but there are alot of fakers out there glorifying it for the $$

- seriously how many times can an artist sing about Ice (diamonds), whips (cars) and other material items. Particularly if you have any insight towards they way money works in the music industry, is ALL BASED IN LIES.

This just inspired another thread- Hop over please, this exchange is pretty good. "DOES MUSIC SUCK OR WHAT?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast