Just now I've spilled my peppermint tea on the front area of the laptop where ... Stackers' Lounge forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

spilled tea on my laptop, what to do?

Advertisement

Just now I've spilled my peppermint tea on the front area of the laptop where the touchpad is.

I promptly turned it off and took off the battery. Now it is resting on a towel with the cf drive open and facing downward.

I don't have any warranty or insurance on the laptop so a replacement or repair is not a possibility right now. Do anybody knows of more way I can ensure that I won't fry my laptop when I turn it on tomorrow or so?

I seriously hope that it won't fry since it is the most expensive and useful item I have put of everything I own.

PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Sorry about some of the typos, been a while since I've posted here with my pearl (SureType).

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    throw it in the freezer for a week then let it thaw out wrks well for phones never tried a pc

Concept Guest
    Most electrical things you can put in the oven at the lowest temp settings to evaporate the water. Either that or put it in rice which will soak out the water.

Just get a netbook for cheap. I'm posting from one right now tethered via BT to my 8320. Great on the go laptop.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Just make sure it is not too HOT or WET when you do go to turn it back on.

www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    An anecdote:

I ordered a 500GB external hard drive with 3 day shipping, being completely oblivious to the weather channel or any sort of local news. As the day approached, I kept hearing people talking about how we were going to get one of our infamous Arizona monsoons and I thought nothing of it. The day before my package arrived, it started raining like I'd never seen before. I couldn't even make it to the package until about 8 hours after the worst of it had already hit. The UPS man, of course, was at the house while it was still sunny, and had left it on my front doorstep: a cardboard box with my overstock hard drive NOT in original packaging.

By the time I got to it, the cardboard had practically melted around the hard drive from being so wet. I lifted it out of a pool of water that had formed around it and took it inside. I opened the box and laid out all the pieces on the kitchen counter and did not touch it for a week.

Long story short, my awesome hard drive that I use to this day learned to swim and lived to tell the tale.

More days of drying is never a bad thing.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    The oven and refrigerator is a bit extreme for me lol. not sure if I want to risk my laptop on that.

No worries right now though since I'm posting from my laptop right now. I've decided to take some of the cover from under the laptop to check if I can spot any water damage. So I took off the hard drive cover and looked toward the headphone area where the majority of the tea got in and I can't detect any hint of moisture or damage. So I put everything back together and tried turning the laptop on.

Look like the only issue I would have for now is some sticky touchpad keys. I really hope that I won't lose my laptop to damages or whatever before I can get a chance to get either an external hard drive or when I can finally start making my custom desktop.