:cry: i'm very disappointed. My BB pearl was giving me alot of trouble. It only ... Stackers' Lounge forum

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307

So I traded My BB....

Advertisement

:cry: i'm very disappointed.
    My BB pearl was giving me alot of trouble. It only rang when it wanted to (asking the vibrate to work was like asking a stranger for a million dollars), the trackball started having more and more problems and I don't want to take it apart. As sad as it is I gave my pearl up. I traded my fully tricked out pearl for an HTC Shadow.
    The Shadow isn't bad. It just seems basic. I still haven't mastered theme-making for my "new" phone and I have been having THEE HARDEST time upgrading it.
    Yeah, my pearl froze up sometimes but the Shadow has a constant lag that's hard to deal with, I have to work on my patience just to keep the phone. Not to mention that applications open on their own, not just on my phone but I have seen SEVERAL others with the same problem.
    Shadow users have a website similar to the Stacks, except it seems only a handful of people use it and everyone is a grinch. I ask a simple question and get rude answers. Their "How-To's" are the worst explained guidelines I have ever seen and the website is a mess.
    I will be buying another pearl sometime in the near future. I love it here on the stacks, everyone is so nice and helpful and I miss my BB,even though it's only been 4 days without it.
    Just a quick little reminder of how great the BlackBerry is. Atleast to me it's a rolls royce, I don't know the Shadow well enough to judge it yet but it's not top of the line. If your thinking about switching to a Shadow, or any phone really, prepare yourself. Once you go BLACKberry you never go back. ))
    I'll be back
    Last edited by ashdub01; 02-09-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    **Ashmee**

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Very true. Now that I don't admin blackberrys any longer I still find myself owning a blackberry. The hardest thing for me to lose was the on the fly email and full qwerty keyboard.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Love the internet and yahoo messenger. Could never use a ordinary phone again as I have a blackberry
    ~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Thats one of the pros of the shadow is WiFi connection, which I use AT HOME, so it's kinda pointless...but still cool.
    The only other advantage is that I dont have to worry about crud getting stuck under a trackball. However....its not stopping me from switching back to a pearl.
    When I first got the shadow...I literally played with it for 8 hours straight trying to impress myself....I tried applying themes and they werent working, I tried asking for help on Allshadow.com and was told to read the "How-To". I read the How-To and still need help....isn't that the point of asking for help?
    **Ashmee**

PIN/ID
    2460d307
    OK I am officially back in tha blackberry game! Got an almost NEW BB today, same color as my last one! I am PUMPED! already upgrading it!
    **Ashmee**

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ashdub01 View Post
    OK I am officially back in tha blackberry game! Got an almost NEW BB today, same color as my last one! I am PUMPED! already upgrading it!
    haha there you go, you make all of us blackberry lovers proud that you returned. Yeah i had to use my dad's regular phone the other day for work and it was like dude i have no idea how you like this, after getting used to just rolling the trackball and clicking and not having to open all these different menus and nonsense. i would like to say welcome back to the blackberry
    Never give up...you can always make a difference