View Poll Results: Should there be a ban on texting while driving?

Voters
24. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes they should ban texting while driving

9 37.50%
  • No they should not ban texting while driving

9 37.50%
  • I don't care because I'm too busy texting while driving to care

6 25.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by TanBucsFan You know I never did understand why I'm not allowed to ... Stackers' Lounge forum

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Should there be a ban on texting while driving??

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    You know I never did understand why I'm not allowed to snort a line off an open bottle of tequila, doing 105mph down the wrong way of 275S while smoking a big ole blunt. I mean seriously, they're really hampering on my freedom to do whatever I want in my own vehicle!!!!
    People who do that will take care of themselves in the long run.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

I voted yes but feel that it really wont make a difference. I am guilty of texting and driving. Have been trying to cut down to only Red light texting.. its a 12 step process.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

LMAO!!! Figures the bush lover would pick that. jk

I dont love bush. I just dont like the left wing radicals who dont believe in the pledge of allegiance, the nativity scene and the boy scouts.

Think of it. Was the world a better place 30 years ago when all these things werent banned?

twieder no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E83629

Depends -- How long do you have to be looking down at your cell-phone before some idiot pulls out in front of you?

PIN/ID
    23E83629

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    I dont love bush. I just dont like the left wing radicals who dont believe in the pledge of allegiance, the nativity scene and the boy scouts.

Think of it. Was the world a better place 30 years ago when all these things werent banned?
    um.. none of these are banned.
    The Pledge didn't have 'under god' for the first 62 years of it's existence. It was the Christian Knights of Columbus who shoe-horned that phrase in - kind of hard not to see it was 'religious'.

Nativity scenes are perfectly appropriate at any church of your choice. It doens't need to be subsidized by my city.

And the Boy Scouts have always been a private organization, free to exclude any group they choose. Thye just can't get the Government's help to do it.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Poll isn't showing up for me... oh well.
    I don't really have an opinion on it, I suppose. I mean, everyone does it. I just try to be careful when typing while driving.
    /~*brooke

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i'mma red light texter, most of the time

was easier on the pearl, one handed...the curve is a little too wide for me to be able to reach my thumb all the way across...

i tend to lean towards the more rebelious *you can't tell me what i can and cannot do* but i can certainly understand...

i mean, i had never worn a helmet while riding my bike until i got my kids a bike...why is that a law? did more kids die when i was a kid from bicycle accidents? i know, i know...we didn't even wear seatbelts back then

sorry, hi-jack over...

current government =

Quote Originally Posted by twieder
    um.. none of these are banned.
    The Pledge didn't have 'under god' for the first 62 years of it's existence. It was the Christian Knights of Columbus who shoe-horned that phrase in - kind of hard not to see it was 'religious'.

Nativity scenes are perfectly appropriate at any church of your choice. It doens't need to be subsidized by my city.

And the Boy Scouts have always been a private organization, free to exclude any group they choose. Thye just can't get the Government's help to do it.
    If mainstream media reports are to be believed, the Pledge of Allegiance, which most of us have no occasion to recite once we graduate from high school, has fallen victim to a steady stream of attacks. A nation-wide backlash erupted last week when it was reported that Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa voted to ban the pledge. This happened just a few years after the U.S. Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals ruled in 2002 that the Pledge of Allegiance as led in public schoolrooms violated the First Amendment, creating a clear pattern of nearly constant attack which the pledge has only barely managed to withstand.

This is just one example of where it was BANNED. (by the most left wing radical court in the country).

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    You know I never did understand why I'm not allowed to snort a line off an open bottle of tequila, doing 105mph down the wrong way of 275S while smoking a big ole blunt. I mean seriously, they're really hampering on my freedom to do whatever I want in my own vehicle!!!!
    And the world is usually better off when nature is allowed to take its course. Legislating against stupidity makes us feel better in the short run, but it has a detrimental effect on the gene pool in the long run.

Every pool needs cleaning and maintenance to remain healthy. We're legislating a lot of pee into ours.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    And the world is usually better off when nature is allowed to take its course. Legislating against stupidity makes us feel better in the short run, but it has a detrimental effect on the gene pool in the long run.

Every pool needs cleaning and maintenance to remain healthy. We're legislating a lot of pee into ours.
    Well said

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

I'm with Cherri... i'm a red light, stop sign texter... but i break my own rule sometimes...

Cherri, have you try driving with your knee?... that way you can always have two hands on your bb, where they belong

Quote Originally Posted by tashacash
    I'm with Cherri... i'm a red light, stop sign texter... but i break my own rule sometimes...

Cherri, have you try driving with your knee?... that way you can always have two hands on your bb, where they belong
    and where would that be? lol

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by tashacash

yes, i have TRIED the knee thing, they just don't reach...im only 4'11" lol

i just have the kids watch the road for me

PIN/ID
    23E83629

Quote Originally Posted by cubfan1247
    If mainstream media reports are to be believed, the Pledge of Allegiance, which most of us have no occasion to recite once we graduate from high school, has fallen victim to a steady stream of attacks. A nation-wide backlash erupted last week when it was reported that Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa voted to ban the pledge. This happened just a few years after the U.S. Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals ruled in 2002 that the Pledge of Allegiance as led in public schoolrooms violated the First Amendment, creating a clear pattern of nearly constant attack which the pledge has only barely managed to withstand.

This is just one example of where it was BANNED. (by the most left wing radical court in the country).
    The student government of a community college decided that the pledge was "irrelevant to the business of student government."
    The 9th circuit rules that the enforced recitation of 'Under God' violated not free speech, but separation of church and state. Without that phrase, there would've been no case.

[/hijack]
    Last edited by twieder; 08-07-2007 at 05:02 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast