Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

What about the Thetan Wicked Witch of the West... Stackers' Lounge forum

  1. #16
    gkast1's Avatar
    gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Posts
    2,381

    Re: Scientology

    Advertisement



    What about the Thetan Wicked Witch of the West

  2. #17
    lovin2act's Avatar
    lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    796

    Re: Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    The Matrix is real. I've already been unplugged... and the Easter Bunny comes over every thursday for Poker Night!

    HAHA!!!! Dude I kinda wanna hang out with you now
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

  3. #18
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Re: Scientology

    Wasn't that flick BATTLEFIELD EARTH....you know that amazing P.O.S film with John Travolta written or based on a story by L. Ron Hubbard?
    5RAWMINUTES!

    "Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

  4. #19
    j llama's Avatar
    j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    Wasn't that flick BATTLEFIELD EARTH....you know that amazing P.O.S film with John Travolta written or based on a story by L. Ron Hubbard?

    You sir, are correct.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist

  5. #20
    j llama's Avatar
    j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: Scientology

    Anonymous: 300,000 People To Protest Scientology Sunday

    SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The anti-Scientology group "Anonymous" told NBC11 Monday it expected more than 300,000 people to join protests expected Feb. 10.

    "The campaign is going amazingly -- swimmingly at the moment. We are in the organizational stages," a woman who would not give her name told NBC11. "We are having members of Anonymous from all over the world join the protest at their local church of Scientology at 11 a.m. local time."

    The group members said out of the 24 time zones, there are 17 that have Churches of Scientology.

    "Of the 24 time zones there are 17 that have a church located in them and we believe our protesting is happening in 15 of those 17," said the group member. "We have a map that people can log in to and say what protest they're going to at the current moment. At last count we expect 300,000 at all the protests. Everyone in the world is invited. We're trying to get support from local organizations."

    Anonymous claims the Church of Scientology forces members to have abortions as well as sign over their bank accounts.

    "We think it's wrong that they have tax exempt status," the member told NBC11. "We want to to see if we can get that looked into by the IRS -- who ever we can gain the ear of. Are they really a religious organization or a business?"

    The member of Anonymous said her organization is attempting to change its approach because it first gained attention as a group of "hackers" and "pranksters."

    The group said it now plans to engage in activities that fight against Scientology, but are not considered illegal by the U.S. government. The member told NBC11 that she is not an actual hacker herself, but rather someone providing other means of support to Anonymous.

    The member said Anonymous is planning to hold large monthly protests against Scientology at its churches each month until May.

    She said the group is drawing up plans for more protests after that.

    The group member said Anonymous would hold another large protest two days after church founder L. Ron Hubbard's birthday on March 15.

    (from http://www.nbc11.com/news/15217323/detail.html
    linked from http://news.google.com/news?tab=wn&h...&q=scientology)
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist

  6. #21
    kentrg's Avatar
    kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    Posts
    1,076

    Re: Scientology

    I don't see why everyone is ganging up on Scientology. Religion is about belief and who is one to say a particular belief isn't valid while assuming other 1000 religions somehow make sense?

    Sure It makes extraordinary claims but thats nothing new in the world of religion.

  7. #22
    vince1's Avatar
    vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Scientology

    I'm sold " goes to jump up and down on sofa"

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  8. #23
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Re: Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    I don't see why everyone is ganging up on Scientology. Religion is about belief and who is one to say a particular belief isn't valid while assuming other 1000 religions somehow make sense?

    Sure It makes extraordinary claims but thats nothing new in the world of religion.
    I see your point. If we really look at it objectivily it can be said that Scientology is one of the few, if not only religion to be created in a time where photographs, video and audio could be recorded and scrutinized.

    The bible speaks of Moses parting the Red Sea- scientifically speaking could that actually happen or did a writer of that particular story take some liberties to embelish the truth just a little bit???
    5RAWMINUTES!

    "Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

  9. #24
    kentrg's Avatar
    kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    Posts
    1,076

    Re: Scientology

    some interpret literally others not.. There is plenty of division within a religion.

    and your right Scientology looses to other religion because it has little history. Somehow stories of primitive ancient man are more respected.
    Last edited by kentrg; 02-05-2008 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #25
    vince1's Avatar
    vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Posts
    3,676

    Re: Scientology

    I have a simple reason why there is religion. Have you ever heard the saying that the grass on the other side is greener. This is what religion is, the need to believe that when we die that there is something more.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #26
    peguero's Avatar
    peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    21958312
    Posts
    979

    Re: Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I have a simple reason why there is religion. Have you ever heard the saying that the grass on the other side is greener. This is what religion is, the need to believe that when we die that there is something more.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Good point. Also it may just be the ability to believe in something other worldly as oppose to believing in your self.

    Just an odd question I would like to toss out.

    Do you think Gene Roddenberry (creator of STAR TREK) would have had better luck if he tried to develop a Scientology type religion? I mean he is a much better, more successful science fiction writer than Hubbard.

    (Sorry I just can not let go of the fact that I rented and sat down to watch Battlefield Earth with my friends and wasted TWO WHOLE HOURS of my life that I can never get back.)
    5RAWMINUTES!

    "Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

  12. #27
    Justyn's Avatar
    Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Scientology

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think there's a fine line between religion, cults, and faith. Scientology is no religion, it is a cult. Their "cleansing" sessions involve setting someone in a room by themselves and enter staring contests with the scientologists. The first one to react is the weak one. The longer this goes on the closer to a mental breakdown the person undergoes, when then mental breakdown occurs they are succeptable to believing whatever you tell them. Its a brainwashing technique used by our govenment and hypnotists. Religion is a word meaning simply the practice or act of man trying to reach God, a higher plain, or a higher power. Faith is putting belief in God into action. Any belief system that exercises faith takes what they know and reacts. Belief systems that exercise religion is people who don't fully understand why they worship the way they do, that's just how they were told to do it. Cults are the distortion of belief systems who go out of there way to collect your money and for most cults, its done with extreme exercises. For Scientology, people pay high amounts of money to attend these "cleansing sessions" and need the whole mental breakdown to want to go back and give more money. Eventually people willfully give full access to all of their finances to this cult. Without going to the cleansing sessions no one in their right mind would give that kind of information to anyone.

  13. #28
    kentrg's Avatar
    kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    Posts
    1,076

    Re: Scientology

    different forms of counseling or belief work for different people. Scientology after all has grown tremendously meaning those who worship it are satisfied and return for more. We live in a country where an individual has the right to choose, a luxury many other countries don't offer. Look at the middle east where Shiite and Sunni communities are constantly at war and recruit mostly through fear and violence.

    Money is essential to growth of any organization. Churches collect it.
    Today with Internet you can research any organization, cult, religion and make your own conclusions if its right for you. Be my guest sign a check for any amount to support the cause

  14. #29
    Justyn's Avatar
    Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Scientology

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes we do live in a free country which is awesome. The fact that there's no religon of belief system forced upon us by the government is awesome, and I love the fact we can exercise freedom of speech without being persecuted is also awesome. I'm not knocking what people believe in. I'm knocking the organization itself. Who knowingly brainwash there followers and take their money. I might not understand why some people believe in what they do, but I don't judge them for it. I judge any organization that brainwashes people. Religion isn't perfect either. There's a lot of churches out there that do the same, they brainwash their followers in believing they have to give them money to properly worship and that's not how it should be. People should worship because they want to. They should give money because they want to. Not because they feel obligated that the only way they could accomplish worship is to give money. Whether you believe in God, evolution, zen, astrology, whatever... You're free to believe it, you shouldn't be judged for believing it, but you shouldn't be told you HAVE to give your church money to attend, worship, or be accepted.

  15. #30
    switters's Avatar
    switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    319E3227
    Posts
    139

    Re: Scientology

    Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    some interpret literally others not.. There is plenty of division within a religion.

    and your right Scientology looses to other religion because it has little history. Somehow stories of primitive ancient man are more respected.
    What should be terrifying to everyone is that the major religions that consume modern humanity are based on questions and observations from thousands of years ago, long before we had any knowledge of the world that surrounded us. Back in the day religion developed out of that lack of knowledge, it was a rudementary explanation for the unexplanable.

    These same thoughts and beliefs are at the core of most modern religion, with very little change to account for our massive leap in technology and therefore empirical evidence of our surroundings.

    Religion attempted to explain what we didn't understand. Now that we understand it, religion is trying to discredit what is right in front of you.

    Scientology doesn't lose out to other religions due to a lack of history. History doesn't work in favor of religion. If studied history in fact seals religions fate. There is just no room for religion in modern society. With that said, please, by all means, worship and believe what you like. I will never judge you for it unless you judge me for NOT believing.

    Where Scientology loses out is here:
    It's based on a Science Fiction book. Sounds pretty straight forward right? Well it is.

    I'd love to have a religion based around Star Wars or Indiana Jones but it just can't happen.

    Eh ... we're all nuts. Enjoy it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •