Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Iraqi leaders weigh Saddam execution Source: Ex-leader will be hanged by 6 a.m. Baghdad time ... Stackers' Lounge forum

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Sadam Hanging...

Advertisement

Iraqi leaders weigh Saddam execution

Source: Ex-leader will be hanged by 6 a.m. Baghdad time

That's an hour from now.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Not good at all.
    Will Definately have the troops in my prayers.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

I have to agree - I do not see how doing this now will do any good for the troops on the front lines. I have two friends over there right now (Marines) and I really hope there is no backlash. It is hard enough already.......

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

ok, IMHO, I think he should be killed on national and world wide tv, just to show that we aren't screwin around. The thing I most want is our troops to be home, if they want to kill themselves (that nation), go for it... wtf do we care cause I know I don't!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

CNN Confirmed it is done.9:57 EST.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Yup, got my email alert that he is no longer with us.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Lightbulb Re: Sadam Hanging...

It's sure done all over the media!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/
    Last edited by CoolFinalFan; 12-30-2006 at 12:21 AM. Reason: edit

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) A car bomb kills at least 15 people in a market south of Baghdad.

Unfortunatelty, I believe this is the begining.

For those of you who have friends and relatives over there, although I am not a religious man, I do believe there is a higher power, and I hope that he is watching over all of our boys and girls (because that's what they really are), over there.

Apparently, yes, he has been hung.

But I hope that the extreme groups rethink their position on retaliation against US interests in Iraq.

Baghdad is already in the middle of a civil war, and I hope that this doesn't escalate things.

Like I had said, my brother was scheduled to land in Baghdad and then convoy to a location (that due to State Department Reguations I am not allowed to disclose, but is right across the river from Babylon, if that helps) at approximately 7am Baghdad time today.

Obviously, I am anxiously awaiting an email or im from him.

I wish the best possible to those of you who have family and/or friends there.

This is truly a sad situation and I hate that our troops shall receive the consequences.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I can't believe its over...or rather just beginning. I personally think he got off too easily.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    ok, IMHO, I think he should be killed on national and world wide tv, just to show that we aren't screwin around. The thing I most want is our troops to be home, if they want to kill themselves (that nation), go for it... wtf do we care cause I know I don't!
    Personally, I can't wait to view it on youtube.com.

LeoJZueg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2bfeb947

I don't believe hanging Saddam was the right thing to do. But I don't feel sorry for him either. One thing is for sure. These United States of America can't take another loss like Vietnam. our country must win this war.I hope Iraq can become a thriving economy like Dubai or a lead nation in a new Arab Union in the likes of the european union. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Well, for those of you (myself included) that have family in Iraq, I hope that things don't get as bad as I forsee them getting here in the next few days to a week.

Does Sadam deserve to die? Probably. Depends on your stance on the death penalty really and what is justifiable capital punishment, and what is not.

My personal opinion is just leave him in prison for life.

However, apparently the Iraqi "high courts" have decided that they want a little recognition and are planning on doing it soon.

Well, if that is done, I would expect an (explicative)-storm to shoot up in Iraq right away.

And the sad thing is, I don't think that the troops that are over there are prepared for the worst case possibility.

I am not going to go into a rant here about our current administration, the chaos that has been created and what should be done, etc.

I just want to point out that many people out there are like "YEAH! KILL HIM! HANG HIM! WOO HOO!".

However, you need to be aware of and prepared for the reprecussions that are going to be coming along with it towards "american interests" over there once this does happen, and it doesn't look good.

I hope I am wrong, but if you are religious or even semi-religious, and you have family members or friends over there and you wish for their well-being, now is the time to start praying.

I totally agree with you

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Heard a joke today: a white house aide goes into the Oval office and says "Mr president, I have some bad news for you, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq today" the president looked at his desk and started to cry, after a few momments he looked up at the aide and asked him "exactly how many is 3 brazilian?"

lmao, pure comedy

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~heres my 2 cents...to start off I'm a stark opponant of war, capitol punishment, anything that involves taking someones life.
    We should never have gone to war with iraq. But we did. So everyone who says things like 'this is their problem, not ours' is wrong. We are the ones who put the iraqi people in this situation and wrong or right we have to see things through to the end. The next big mistake regarding the war was when big daddy bush needed a little boost to his poll standings and declared 'victory in iraq' back in '03 I believe it was. All this did was tie all our troops hands and make it almost impossible to do their job. I think we would have done a much better job in iraq if we stayed in active combat and that less of our boys and girls over there would be dead. So we shouldn't have gone, but we did. We claimed we won but we haven't. And now that the going is getting rough, people want to quit, but for the sake of the iraqi people, and the feeble government we set up there...we can't. I'm sorry to say this, but we have to finish what we start.
    Now onto the latest chapter: the sadaam hanging.
    I've heard a lot of talk going around about this. And I stated my opinion earlier...I do not support capitol punishment. I've also heard things like "why isn't the US doing the execution?" Or "why won't the US stop them?". How could we? It was a fair trial, correct? The iraqi government is an independant, democratic government, correct? So what say does the united states have on their affairs? Especially if we want them to stand on their own feet and allow us to bring our troops home confident that we are leaving behind a stable, peaceful country? We had to allow this to happen just so the new iraqi government can stand up and realize that they are in charge of their own destiny. Will this send a message to iraqi insurgants? No, probably not. All we did was give them another Martyr. Another cause to fight for. But we must remember that even tho this will make things harder for our troops its a step closer to getting them back home.

In closing, I'd like to thank our wonderful and charismatic president for getting us into this lovely mess. Thanx.

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~also I am apalled to hear that CNN or any other US news company didn't show this! We are the ones who supported and started this war, the outcomes are just a little below our sensibilities? I. Think everyone should see what it is we have done over there. Let all the people who blindly support this administration and everything they do see firsthand the fruits of our labors! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who support bush, I have a problem with people who do it 'just cuz he's the president'. That don't make him right! Think! Read! Do a little research! Ahhh! Also I'd like to apologize....I'm really wasted right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast