Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Well, for those of you (myself included) that have family in Iraq, I hope that ... Stackers' Lounge forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Sadam Hanging...

Advertisement

Well, for those of you (myself included) that have family in Iraq, I hope that things don't get as bad as I forsee them getting here in the next few days to a week.

Does Sadam deserve to die? Probably. Depends on your stance on the death penalty really and what is justifiable capital punishment, and what is not.

My personal opinion is just leave him in prison for life.

However, apparently the Iraqi "high courts" have decided that they want a little recognition and are planning on doing it soon.

Well, if that is done, I would expect an (explicative)-storm to shoot up in Iraq right away.

And the sad thing is, I don't think that the troops that are over there are prepared for the worst case possibility.

I am not going to go into a rant here about our current administration, the chaos that has been created and what should be done, etc.

I just want to point out that many people out there are like "YEAH! KILL HIM! HANG HIM! WOO HOO!".

However, you need to be aware of and prepared for the reprecussions that are going to be coming along with it towards "american interests" over there once this does happen, and it doesn't look good.

I hope I am wrong, but if you are religious or even semi-religious, and you have family members or friends over there and you wish for their well-being, now is the time to start praying.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Correction:

Saddam

Sadam...Saddam...Sadaam...Saddaam...Potato....Pota hto...Tomato...Tomahto...Whatever...

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree with you, I just heard on the BBC news that the sentence may be cancelled due to no one wanting to sign the papers, hope its true.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I hope it is too....

Unfortunately though, this cowboy-wanna be of a president that we have is probably dancing around the oval office right now and has all of his "contacts" ready on speed-dial on his office phone (I doubt he would know how to use a BlackBerry) ready to call whoever he needs to and pull whatever strings he needs to in order to make this happen.

It's sad when the leader of the free world is plagued with tunnel vision and thinks that god talks to him.

Len
    Heard a joke today: a white house aide goes into the Oval office and says "Mr president, I have some bad news for you, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq today" the president looked at his desk and started to cry, after a few momments he looked up at the aide and asked him "exactly how many is 3 brazilian?"

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Hah...Now that's a good one!

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ actually I disagree. I think that he needs to be made an example of so that no one will think that he or anyone has special protection-too much innocent by reason of celebrity if he walks. Anyone lower than him no one would even think twice about hanging, but all the PC garbage that comes out purely because you know his name and the anti-bush crowd wants to thwart it purely for political victory. This has absolutely nothing to do with human rights at all-it's purely left vs right. It is shameful that it's not right vs wrong.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Sadam Hanging...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here here N8!

PIN/ID
    ATA

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Excellent points made N8 I agree whole heartedly. Thanks for the link Cherrichiodo good information shared!

Len

looks grim !!!

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah new reports are showing that it will happen tonight.

Len

Whilst I dont feel sorry for him, I believe diplomacy could of worked all those years ago, then we may not be having the deaths of America and British soldiers in such numbers, honestly, nothing good will come of this...

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

All communications are now shut down into and out of Iraq...So it looks like it will happen within 3-3 1/2 hours.

Hope that our troops are ready for this...

saigon no está en línea Stack level 3

I hope they can control any outbursts of people and the terrorists over there so that our soldiers don't get punished cause of this. I think he deserves it but it might not be the best thing overall...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast