catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Roll Tide Roll

Advertisement

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

baber54 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Bandwagon, bama would of had no chance if colt was playing. Kind of a cheap win

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by baber54 View Post
    Bandwagon, bama would of had no chance if colt was playing. Kind of a cheap win
    possibly horns would have had a better chance if colt could take a SEC hit. national championships are never cheap...14-0

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Everyone keeps talking about how hard the SEC hits, and that if Colt can't handle getting hit, or deal with the pain he should have just not played. But for a guy to COME into the game with 3 broken ribs, I don't think it had anything to do with NOT being able to handle it! And from what I saw in the game, looked to me like the big 12 hit just as hard as the SEC.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about how hard the SEC hits, and that if Colt can't handle getting hit, or deal with the pain he should have just not played. But for a guy to COME into the game with 3 broken ribs, I don't think it had anything to do with NOT being able to handle it! And from what I saw in the game, looked to me like the big 12 hit just as hard as the SEC.
    i totally agree with you...i was just responding to a stupid post.

LOL!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    rifraf-are you still shilling the not so big 12? FOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in a row speaks for itself.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

LMAO!!! Nah! I'm over it, lol! Almost got fired from work over it though. But then again you would have to know some of the people I work with to understand. Some of them are sooo stupid that one of them, and this is an actual quote, said to me "ya know, if God were to play football, I bet he'd end up in prison and find true love. There are actually some really nice women in prison"..... And yes I had to end up deleting about 8 people from facebook. You see, I never had a problem with them losing. It just really got under my skin how they kept bashing Texas, and especially Colt. Other than that, I was actually very happy with the outcome of the game.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Some folks take stuff a little too far-he really is an outstanding player.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Yea getting to the national championship is not cheap. But winning a game like that is. Even with a freshmen QB they were only down by what? 3 points with 2 minutes left. Colt would obviously done a lot better than him. Either way i don't care, i'm a husker fan so i guess i would rather have seen texas win.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by baber54 View Post
    Yea getting to the national championship is not cheap. But winning a game like that is. Even with a freshmen QB they were only down by what? 3 points with 2 minutes left. Colt would obviously done a lot better than him. Either way i don't care, i'm a husker fan so i guess i would rather have seen texas win.
    How is winning like that cheap? I predicted they would knock McCoy out of the game a week before it took place. All i can say is thats how football is played, you get hit hard. Maybe the Texas O line should have done a better job. I thought for a minute the second string QB was knocked out also. Thats the way it is.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

LOL! What is it they say? "there ain't no cryin in football"! And as big a Texas fan as I am I stick by that. I admit I may have gotten a little emotional about the whole thing, but it truly had nothing to do with the game, OR the way it was played! As with anything that people may be passionate about, you can expect some to criticize, or even poke fun at you about it. After all, football IS "just a game". But there is a line, that TO ME, you just don't cross. Only then do I truly get upset. I am a TRUE "die hard" Texas fan! As corny as this may sound, one of my most memorable moments in this life was actually getting to pet BEVO! But as big a fan as I may be, I was actually ok with the outcome of the game. I only got upset when I kept getting text messages about how weak McCoy was, or how if this is the future QB for Texas, doesn't look like they will EVER make it back to the BIG game. Then they really started making it personal bashing me simply for being a Texas fan. Of course the old line "aint nothing comes from Texas but steers and queers, and I don't see any horns, blah, blah, blah". Of course it actually got a lot worse than that. But after several hours of this abuse, and me telling them "ha, ha! Good one". And then simply turning the phone off, it just got out of hand and I had had enough. So I layed into them. Have it right back, what they had been giving me. Of course they didn't want to hear that they almost got beat by a freshman, and that their precious QB spent most of the night on his back. And they REALLY didn't like it when I pointed out how they couldn't do CRAP without Mr Ingram, and that those little Texas boys must hit kind of hard too, to have taken HIM out of the game almost the entire second half. But you know what happened next... I thought to myself, why am I even letting these loosers get to me. I was ok with the outcome of the game. I was happy to know that Colt's injury wasn't a career ending one. And I was truly impressed with what I saw from our future quarterback. But I just KNEW there had to be SOME explination as to what happened! And now I know! It was YOU Chokem!!! You jinxed him by making that prediction! How DARE you!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!! Sorry I just couldn't resist. Take ya'll for that long, drawn out speech just to get a laugh. Well.... At least I'M laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    How is winning like that cheap? I predicted they would knock McCoy out of the game a week before it took place. All i can say is thats how football is played, you get hit hard. Maybe the Texas O line should have done a better job. I thought for a minute the second string QB was knocked out also. Thats the way it is.

I'm just saying if I was a alabama player I would rather play my best against there best, that's the only reason I called it a cheap win. And I KNOW THAT IT WASN'T BAMA's FAULT THAT MCCOY GOT HURT. I wouldn't really feel like I won the championship game if I didn't play the best out there. but congrats to bama for winning number 7.

PIN/ID
    nada
    rifraf-you give me too much credit, but if you want-Im totally responsible for Bama's win! LOL

baber-we can speculate and hypothesize about this, that and what could have been, but the fact is that Alabama won. Im pretty confident that the Bama football players are OK with the win. As I stated in an earlier thread, its good that folks are passionate about their team, and all this is meant with no malice intended. I love college football.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Ok! I just can't resist! But somebody deserves the credit and I certainly ain't BAMA! LMAO!!! Sorry, but that was just too easy! You know, its like I said. Yes I was disappointed that I didn't get to see more than 5 plays, about what 3 minutes of the match up between McCoy and Ingram. But anyone that is a TRUE college football fan can NOT sit there and say that this game wasn't an exciting game to watch, regardless of the outcome. And yes I can see how some fans may consider it a "cheap" win, just because they didn't get to see that match up. However, a win is a win, no matter how it was accomplished. Just like the big 12 championship game. It was still a win!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast