View Poll Results: religion

Voters
13. Register free to vote on this poll
  • yes please

8 61.54%
  • no thanks

5 38.46%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have strong opinion on religion. I am a non-believer. There are reasons for it ... Stackers' Lounge forum

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d

religion - yes or no?

Advertisement

i have strong opinion on religion. I am a non-believer. There are reasons for it which i wont bother you with too much but its my choice and as much as i respect peoples choice to take part in it, i expect others to repect my choice not to.

What about you? Do you think there is a god? think its a scam?

Heres something i came across a while ago, see what you think....

Whenever the existence of god is debated, the must crucial topic of discussion, religion, is usually overlooked. We could spend every day for the rest of our lives debating the existence of god, however, this is a trivial discussion. The matter at hand is religion.

God does not ask for your money, your respect, or your time. God does not tell you to accept your fate or to respect authority. God does not tell you what to eat, say, or think. Religion does all that.

People who have religious authority are the ones who "interpret" god's word. They have been weaving their spin and lies into holy books for thousands of years. They are the ones who create mass death and destruction in the name of god (i.e. the Crusades, the Inquisition, the war in Iraq). They are the ones that have helped keep the state in power for millenia. They are the ones who told the serfs that the King's authority must be respected, because the King had a "mandate" from god.

Religion is nothing more than another tool used by the elite to control the ignorant masses.

Only after religion is destroyed can mankind be free.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I am also a non believer, but to each is own. I live my life and let people live theirs. In the end, the truth will come to light

PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    religion is all opinionated, truth is no-one can prove there is a god - what exactly do you think will come to light?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm religious but I'm also a skeptical believer. I also believe for every culture they have their own belief system. I was brought up as a Christian baptist but I don't attend church and I don't care much for the people involved in the system. I would rather believe in my religion on my own personal basis.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Religion is all opinionated?? Dude, look around you man! Don't tell me that you believe in the big bang theory? People are screwed up. But if you watch the national geographic channel and see how perfect life is. Animals to turn into gay animals. Animals aren't racist. Animals are born and automatically fit into the animal world. They know what there supposed to do and how they are supposed to act. If they don't, they either get killed or the mother kills them. I'm talking from little bugs all the way up to the giant whales in the ocean. Wish we all acted like animals. Its funny cause sometimes I believe that ceertain races just don't get along like certain animals don't get along. Maybe racism is a crock! Maybe we just have that gene like animals do. I don't know but if you just minus all the ppl on this planet and then and only then look at the world and how it functions, I think its pretty amazing!

PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    i sure as hell dont believe in someone or something that cannot be proven to exist when the bible was 'published' and even in this day and age when we have advanced so much more.
    everything you have said about the animals is irrelivant, sexual behaviour and survival of the fitest has no bearing on religion whatsoever!
    scientists have pretty much proven how the world functions, eveything happens for a reason.
    the big bang theory might be a little over the top by all means but cmon, you telling me the storys in the bible are true?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I believe so. There are so many things that defy explaination. How can you not believe there is something more than this??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    yeah exactly....I dont have the strength to argue this one....so whatever
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    There are so many things that defy explaination.
    example?

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ religious but healthily skeptical as well. I'm certain that whenever we do find out what's really going on, a lot of things a lot of people think will be disproven. However I agree that too many things in history and in my life couldn't have gone the way they did without serious help. I suppose the one thing that keeps so many people away from faith is that while it can be loosely understood, it's not at all entirely predictable. Too many people want God in their back pocket and under control like a robot. Not the way it works.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    I believe so. There are so many things that defy explaination. How can you not believe there is something more than this??
    Well I believe this is it. Have u heard of the phrase 'Far away fields are always greener'. To me this is what religion is, the promise of that far away field. Well I'm happy enjoying the field I'm in. I hope this makes sense!

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think religion is great for a lot of people, as it makes them a better person and gives them a positive outlook on most things. I've met some people who try to push their religion on other and judge, and I don't like that, but those are a minority thankfully.

For me though, it's too obvious most religions just tried to make an all encompassing story to try and explain things we didn't know at the time. Then when science finally does get to explaining these things, the church tries to claim they're not true to save face. Being a metallurgical engineer I value science and technology over all else, as it's reproduceable and proven.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Religion is based on faith, and faith is the basis to humanity. I have little faith left in humanity in the general sense, that I feel that if there is a god, this is a cruel joke.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Life is tough. If there is not a promise, something to live for, I don't think many people could make it thru the day.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    ^^ Very True. There are people in this world that need some kind of structure in their lives.

Off the subject:

Do you know what God's joke to mankind is?

Bottling water and selling it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast