the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a ... Stackers' Lounge forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

REAL reason of last SOPRANO ending

Advertisement

the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all

the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell yall why and explain in detail... There were 3 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by
    Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body.

the two black guys, they were paid before to kill tony but he was only shot in the ear

the guy who was sitting at the bar stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki Leotardo, Phil Leotardo's nephew, he was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

heres where the genius comes in....

When Tony's walking in the diner, you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

then the camera switches back to tonys face, then it once again switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the Chimes sound....... Carmela walks in, Chimes, AJ walks in Chimes, this when Meadows parallel parking, still trying to
    get inside the restaurant....

at this point the camera switches back to the trucker who goes in the bathroom......

Then it goes to a scene where meadow finally parks and starts running in the diner....

the doors about to open, Tony looks up....

and No Chimes......................

No Music............

Everything just goes black...............

In one of the early episodes of the sopranos, tonys talking with bobby about what it must feel like to die..

Bobby says "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black"

part of that was revisited in the second to last episode during the last seconds of it, when tonys about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

so in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when meadow came in, the guy in the trucker hat came out and killed tony...

its the reason you don't hear, or see anything when he died.... it was from his perspective.... and everything went black, then the credits rolled.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: REAL reason of last SOPRANO ending

I've read alot of those theories, but also contradictions to them..

"The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by
    Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body.

the two black guys, they were paid before to kill tony but he was only shot in the ear

the guy who was sitting at the bar stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki Leotardo, Phil Leotardo's nephew, he was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down...."
    Thats not necessarily true - none of them are credited that way. They are people who are supposed to look like people from his past.., but thats NOT Nikki Leotardo (its a different character) and Tony killed one (if not both) of the carjackers.. The scene - the suspense and feeling you felt watching was supposed to be what Tony lives with everyday.. remembering faces, who might want to come after him, who will come after him...

I read this article and he summarized it great and think its an excellent analysis. Chase is using the final scene to place the viewer into Tony's mind-set. This is how he sees the world: Every open door, every person walking past him could be coming to kill him or arrest him or otherwise harm him or his family. This is his life, even though the paranoia's rarely justified. We end without knowing what Tony's looking at because he never knows what's coming next.

And it wasn't a cut to black - it was a cut to gray.. (alot of gray area).. The screen turns darker when the credits roll (theres only one shade of black)

And - if you want to look REALLY too deep into this.. the song on the 'B' side of "Don't Stop Believing"... "Anyway you want it".. So there ya have it.. look at the ending anyway way you want it...

And - not that this matters because it could have been a slip of the tongue, but when David Chase was asked about making a movie he said that he's toyed with the idea but "going back to a day in 2006 that you didn't see, but then (Tony's children) would be older than they were then and you would know that Tony doesn't get killed. It's got problems."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

all very interesting points of view.

you do have to have a killer memory to remember every character from all the seasons though.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    all very interesting points of view.

you do have to have a killer memory to remember every character from all the seasons though.
    Or ALL the DVD's
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

aeroboy02 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF29B4

makes sense to me. never really thought about it like that. i was trying to put the three guys together but couldnt. thanx.