Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok so I will be taking my Real Exam this Aug 14th 2007, any advice ... Stackers' Lounge forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Real Estate Exam

Advertisement

Ok so I will be taking my Real Exam this Aug 14th 2007, any advice or tips that you guys can give me? I would really appreciate it, specially the for those of you guys who are in the RE field. I'm in Cali.. and yes I know it's really hard lol.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Re: Real Estate Exam

i'm not a realtor, but i wish you the best of luck!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Flash24- Have you taken the real estate prep course?

if so TAKE GOOD NOTES, AND STUDY THE MATERIAL. I am an agent in NJ and the best advice I can give is focus on material as is, READ THE BOOK (if you got one). If the exam is anything like NJ's they may attempt to confuse you with ambigous language and unnecessary info. A good portion of the people I took prep course with were simply not good test takers and their anxiety is what caused them to fail.

GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted on your progress
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Take as many computer based practice exams as you can. You will find that the format of the practice tests is nearly identical to the real thing. Having that practice will make you less anxious when you're in front of the real thing. And you may just see some of the same questions on the real thing, too.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

damn, just how many realtors do we have here on ps?

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    Flash24- Have you taken the real estate prep course?

if so TAKE GOOD NOTES, AND STUDY THE MATERIAL. I am an agent in NJ and the best advice I can give is focus on material as is, READ THE BOOK (if you got one). If the exam is anything like NJ's they may attempt to confuse you with ambigous language and unnecessary info. A good portion of the people I took prep course with were simply not good test takers and their anxiety is what caused them to fail.

GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted on your progress
    Yup, I sent in my transcript last week and I got the letter from Sacramento saying I'm ready to go.

Thanks for all the advice guys.. I really appreciate it

I also bought a practice test book, I will read my RE principles book and take good notes.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    damn, just how many realtors do we have here on ps?
    I'm not a Realtor.

But any profession with state license requirements has standardized tests these days. And most have Continuing Ed requirements in addition, so you never quite get away from the computer based tests after passing the initial license exams.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I'm actually interested in being one. What all do you have to go through?
    /~*brooke

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Best of luck Billy! Good for you!

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03
    I'm actually interested in being one. What all do you have to go through?
    Depends on what state you are in. I would think most are standard to get a certaion amount of education (class) hours in before you go sit for the test.

Word to Flash - If you took a course to meet the education requirements you should be ready to go. I got mine for a tri-state area (MD,VA & DC), they aren’t that hard. In the old days we didn't get to bring in calculators and we had to know how to qualify people, the concentration isn’t as much stressed on the test in those areas as they used to be. You got that advantage.

I know the test here concentrate on the types of brokerages, representation, and ethics - than you have the state law which if you really look at it- it's common sence stuff. Those practice exams give you a good feel for how you will do, so if you taken them enough times you should be fine. GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by _Bulz_Eye_; 07-22-2007 at 01:58 PM.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by _Bulz_Eye_
    Depends on what state you are in. I would think most are standard to get a certaion amount of education (class) hours in before you go sit for the test.
    I'm in Tennessee. I guess I'll have to check up on it -- thanks!
    /~*brooke

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Yeah in NJ- its 75 hours in a course and then state exam. NY is 65-70 Hrs I believe.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID
    ask me

Good Luck on the test Flash

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Thanks a lot guys!

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4

hi there Flash, i am a Realtor but not in Cali much less the US so i cant really give you any constructive advice that will help wiht your exam. i do wish you all the best of luck though, not only for your exam but for your career as well. It is hard getting started and establishing a solid client base at first. i totally love my career and dont look back ever!! Let us know how it goes ok?
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast