Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Okay, I haven't seen this thread here yet... so I'm going to start it. State ... Stackers' Lounge forum

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Presidential Race Opinions

Advertisement

Okay, I haven't seen this thread here yet... so I'm going to start it. State your opinions! Who do you think will win? Who do you want to win? How do you feel about Obama? Hilary? Others?

Just talk!

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Presidential Race Opinions

Yeah I'm not touching this with a 10ft pole
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
    Go ahead I dare you! If you state your opinion I will willingly state mine

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
    Im with you man
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

^^ you dont know

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

There are two things you really don't want to see being made, politics and sausage.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

I touched on the subject here-
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=56894

and as you can tell, many people refuse to talk about it. If you want to have a actual discussion feel free to PM me.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Most of us refuse to talk for similar reasons. I speak only for myself on this issue, but I hang out in the cafe to avoid the "issues of the day". I have my beliefs and convictions about our country and the people vying to lead it.

At the end of the day, however, threads like this generally don't do anything except foster ill feelings. You won't change your opinion of any candidate or topic based on anything someone says on here, any more than I would.

So most of us, I think, pass these topics on by and go on to something more fun. Cheers!

And if I'm wrong about the crowd sentiment, well, thats okay, too...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Most of us refuse to talk for similar reasons. I speak only for myself on this issue, but I hang out in the cafe to avoid the "issues of the day". I have my beliefs and convictions about our country and the people vying to lead it.

At the end of the day, however, threads like this generally don't do anything except foster ill feelings. You won't change your opinion of any candidate or topic based on anything someone says on here, any more than I would.

So most of us, I think, pass these topics on by and go on to something more fun. Cheers!

And if I'm wrong about the crowd sentiment, well, thats okay, too...
    I agree with you for the most part. But I will also like to add that it is sad that we can't have a adult conversation about the subject either. The members of the Pinstack community I have encountered on this board all appear to very intelligent, level headed people. I would really like to hear opinions and various points of view. Unfortunately there are some people out there who cannot disagree respectfully.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I hear ya. But even intelligent, level headed people can have strong opinions about issues that are diametrically opposed to yours. No amount of discussion, debate, or philosophical waxing will change either person's opinions.

Political debates, for whatever reason, in online forums, seem to degrade quickly into the "YOUR A RETARD" posts (grammar mistake intentional). So most of us intelligent, level headed stackers leave that stuff to the blogs and political forums.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

Thank you LaTuFu. I agree 100%.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

I am just glad LTF is not on the freaking ballot...I would have to move to Canada then.
    Last edited by TheRiddler; 01-10-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: fixed my spelling since Lori pointed out I was an idiot ;)

PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    I hear ya. But even intelligent, level headed people can have strong opinions about issues that are diametrically opposed to yours. No amount of discussion, debate, or philosophical waxing will change either person's opinions.

Political debates, for whatever reason, in online forums, seem to degrade quickly into the "YOUR A RETARD" posts (grammar mistake intentional). So most of us intelligent, level headed stackers leave that stuff to the blogs and political forums.
    Agreed. I guess just this isnt the forum for debates

PIN/ID

In the end its not really about changing ones mind, I just would like the opportunity to expand my own knowledge and the way that is accomplished is by talking about things. As you implied, too bad this is not the place for that.
    5RAWMINUTES!

– George Carlin

PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    In the end its not really about changing ones mind, I just would like the opportunity to expand my own knowledge and the way that is accomplished is by talking about things. As you implied, too bad this is not the place for that.
    I think its more about showing how passionate you are about a certain subject, but some people cannot handle the fact and get heated about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast