Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by PDUB204 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is easy to sit back and criticize when ... Stackers' Lounge forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: police used taiser on 82 year old woman!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PDUB204 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it is easy to sit back and criticize when it is all over. 1st we know only what the news let's us know and we know the media is always 100 percent accurate right. There is probably more to the story than was printed remember the media is here for ratings. Shock value. Hell when I got ran over by a drunk they made him sound like the victim while I was laid up.
    exactly. The officers broke in because often (at least was my case) there is a dead body. And I am glad they used a taser instead of OC spray, baton (Asp, or nightstick), or handgun. Now someone would say that the taser is too "strong" for the elderly and it should have a control to lower the voltage, but unfortunately there isn't often enough time to adjust that if it were possible.

As "sick" as it may be to some, the officers did the right thing and used less than deadly force. You know OC spray would have screwed her up, and a baton would have shattered bones. Yes a hammer can still hurt, even swung by an 83-year old, or a 5-year old for that matter. Even taking control of her arms (if the officers were that brave to get close) could break her bones, or dislocate a joint from her struggling back.

This is a very law-suit happy country we have come to live with these days, and it's ridiculous.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Sorry Pdub. I hear ya on some of what you're saying. But in general, there has been a tendency to swing to "overreact" and "excessive force" in general these days. At least by my perception.

I know your job sucks sometimes, its pretty thankless, and lord knows you don't get paid enough, but there are some things going on with law enforcement that I don't agree with.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i say HIT EM WITH THE JUICE AGAIN DUBBERS!
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

She was a runner and the sandman was coming to put her down (let's see who gets that reference)

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

OMG!!

Poor little old lady...

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

Just further proof that cops aren't always the good guys.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

bah, i got yer back on this one dub, simple rule, do what the officer says or get what's coming to you. we all know the rules weather we decide to follow them or not. we're lucky police have this option. not long ago, his only options were fists, asp, or gun. she didn't die, she was subdued without serious injury. that's the idea. i feel bad that the lady was scared, but she lives on to bake cookies and crochet potholders and toiletpaper coozys. lets stop being angry at the people that VOLUNTEER to protect us and our stuff, and start getting angry at the people that don't follow the rules like the rest of us.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

PIN/ID
    317F3C36

^ I'll be sure to remind you of the "rules" when someone breaks down your door and holds a gun at you when you've done nothing wrong and you're scared out of your mind.

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

He's a thought.. What if the old lady had a criminal record??

PIN/ID
    OICU812

as long as he's sporting a badge and has announced himself, he won't have to bust down the door, he'll be invited in... contrary to popular belief, cops don't run around busting down doors indiscriminately. i will leave this thread to the rest of you, i can see my comments aren't helping any.

PIN/ID
    317F3C36

If she had a criminal record? What, in the '60s or so?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    If she had a criminal record? What, in the '60s or so?
    Haha! Yeah she used to run numbers! The people that's tryin to justify this ridiculous mess, didn't think about their granny, mom, wife, or sister! IT WAS A WELLNESS CHECK! No criminal activity! She didn't break any laws, nor did they have a warrant!

crackie no está en línea Stack level 2

on a well being check if the police or fire believe there is someone inside and that person is in danger or in need of medical aid, we have the right to use force entry. We do however try to gain entry with as little damage as possible, like checking maybe for open windows or open door first. If that doesnt work then we might smash out a window pane, but we try and look for other ways in first to do as little damage as possible. It also depends on how the call came in as well, if where told that someone is in there and it can be confirmed thru a family member or someone else, we will not leave till we search the residents or see the person first hand, theres a lot of factors that come into play with a simple well being check.

In the big cities sometimes you cant check for a open window or another way in as the person lives in a apartment building high up and you end up at there door banging on it, we dont know who is behind that door and things happen in a split second and we have to react quick. So please before you bash us try walking in our shoes, cause when your running out crying, where running in to save your a$$. And yes we do pay for any damage we cause as well.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I hear ya crackie. And trust me, I'm someone who generally supports law enforcement, EMS, etc. Its a critical role, its done largely without a lot of thanks, and the audience you play to 90% of the time doesn't respect you very much.

Unfortunately, when you spend 90% of your time with the 5% of society that doesn't give a rip about rules, common decency, and the word of law, it skews your perceptions of the other 95% sometimes.

I'm not accusing you or PDUB or any other LEO that I know personally of anything. However, in general, there are issues with law enforcement that need addressing. That shouldn't come as a shock to you or anyone else. None of us are perfect.

Just to give examples from my local area...Driving through town in marked vehicles 15-20 mph above the limit, without lights; belligerent, unprofessional tone of voice/manner of speaking to citizens when answering a call (hear me out on this one. If you're responding to a domestic dispute for the 10th time to the same address, I understand having no patience. But if you've pulled over a soccer mom in a residential neighborhood for a broken taillight, and she has no traffic violations on her record, there is absolutely no excuse for talking down to her and being unprofessional with her in the course of the stop.); arrogant, cocky attitudes among the general public.

You wear a badge and a uniform, you need to remember that every move you make is observed by some member of the community. When you want or need our support and respect at some point in the future, its going to be a simple return of the support and respect that your department as a whole shows for the community it serves. At least in the one I live in now, its generally not too positive, and thats a shame. You guys need and deserve better.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Listen, I'm not bashin cops, I'm just tellin the facts! There are good cops out there, I think, but these were not! Neither was the one that beat the lady school teacher, or the one that stomped out the lady bartender! I could go on but my point is don't get mad at me for telling the truth on these bad cops, get mad at them for giving the good cops a bad name! You're playing with our intelligence if you're saying granny with the hammer couldn't be easily subdued!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast