I am a little crushed about the motto here at Pinstack being changed. I really ... Stackers' Lounge forum

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Pinstack...Why the motto change/when will the WAP site be working properly?

Advertisement

I am a little crushed about the motto here at Pinstack being changed. I really enjoyed the feeling of logging in to a site dedicated to Blackberries. I always logged in knowing that I was on a site exclusive to the product that I love so much. However, about two weeks ago the sites motto "Boost your Blackberry Experience" was changed to "Smartphone Professionals Alliance". Due to the motto change I don't get the feeling that my precious Pinstack is dedicated to just Blackberries any more and lately a majority of the news being posted is not about Blackberries.

Another let down is the layout of the site has changed which caused the WAP portal of the site to be totally useless for over a week after changes had been made; however, this issue has been partially fixed. I can now access the WAP site for news, yet I can no longer use the forums while on my Blackberry. I was super excited when the Pinstck app was launched, but due to recent changes it has been rendered useless with the exception of viewing the latest news. If I try to use the Pinstack app to view current discussions and forums, or even directly use the the WAP site to view current discussions and forums, I just get a forum search screen. Oh, and lets not forget logging in to the stacks is no longer possible on a Blackberry. My breaks during the day have not been the same since I can no longer join in or even just read the latest discussions of my fellow Pinstackers from my Blackberry phone. I have searched for answers and have not been able to find any.

Anyone else experiencing these woes or am I the only one?

And why the changes Pinstack?

I can only hope that once every thing is fixed, assuming it will be, that I can return to being the happy stacker I once was.
    Last edited by mdh00; 01-02-2009 at 05:03 PM.

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did some more digging and I guess the WAP issues are currently being fixed. I still feel like I had to get all this off my chest. I really love Pinstack!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah after all my reading it seems that I am the only one that misses all the latest theme post and software post being on the front page.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hey Guys, I have to admit I was surprised with the change, but most of my friends here have iPhones, or WM devices and everyone gets really tense when I start mentioning BB (they're a bit intimidated because they think BBs are hard to use). But now they can join the stacks too. Just need to get the other device apps and stuff happening we'll be good. As for the issues with accessing the stacks via WAP I haven't had any issues at all. Haven't tried any other access points bar the news page, downloads and blogs on my Pinstack app but haven't had any issues with getting logged on. Anyway, rambling now.... Lol!

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    If other smart phone users have a reason to view pinstack they will soon see that BB'S are the way to go. So far I like the changes and havn't had any problems with this site. Infact I'm on my BB now.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    I dont have any issues using WAP, I do however feel just a tad bit let down that this site is not all about blackberries, I dont know the reasoning behind the change, but I will question if I will be premium when my current year is up. I dont really care for all the news about other "smart phones" none are smarter than the blackberry, and thats my only concern. For now I will ride it out and make a decision later on.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by mserica513 View Post
    I dont have any issues using WAP, I do however feel just a tad bit let down that this site is not all about blackberries, I dont know the reasoning behind the change, but I will question if I will be premium when my current year is up. I dont really care for all the news about other "smart phones" none are smarter than the blackberry, and thats my only concern. For now I will ride it out and make a decision later on.
    Yeah I too am unsure about all the other smartphones being worked up here, as we all know that BB reigns supreme!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!