Hi Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove pending mail for ... Stackers' Lounge forum

6Kingsley no está en línea Stack level 1

Pending Mail

Advertisement

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove pending mail for an individual? I am running BES 4.0 for Exchange and several users have decided not to switch their devices on for sometime so the pending messages are building. I can't see any option for this on the BES software to achieve this. Any help much appreciated.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Pending Mail

Welcome to PinStack, 6Kingsley.

Sorry I can't help with BES problems, but I'm curious about your users. Why would they not turn on their BBs? Are they trying not to be reached? Are the Pending Messages, slowing down service for other users? You may need to contact them and warn them about the problem.
    Anyway, I'm sure some of our BES experts here will come along with a solution for your problem.

Again Welcome to the Stacks
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I think it's a case that certain people don't want them, but because the individuals in question are company directors no one has the balls to ask for the devices back or remove them from the BES. The problem I have is that the database is growing which may soon start to cause me problems and I'm being asked for ways round our problem.

Thanks
    6Kingsley

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Good Point. Go to a VP and explain how this is bogging down your network and get him to solve the problem. If it starts to really cause problems, and they aren't using the devices then your company is wasting money on unused assets. How much money is paid to the carriers for unused phone Accounts and Data Plans. Use that as the reason and the Finance VP will probably get it solved.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Good point, the money being waisted across the board must be quite considerable, the money being waisted doesn't stop at the phone bill but increases the support costs as well.

6Kingsley

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

On the Domino BES we can Highlight the user and select Service Control and Customization then select Purge Pending Messages? not sure about exchange? I routinely send emails to users with High Pending counts(typically 1000) and ask if everything is working ok. They will typically turn on the device at that point. We also provide a list to management of inactive users.