Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone, I would first of all wish everyone a Happy Holiday season. I think ... Stackers' Lounge forum

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Pay it forward this holiday season and in 2008

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I would first of all wish everyone a Happy Holiday season.

I think it would be a good idea for every stacker here, that has the means to do so, to pay it forward this holiday season and in 2008. It doesn't have to be big, a cup a coffee for the person standing in line behind you or even buying someones groceries. I bought a $20 Target gift card for the Target checker and for the person who was behind me in line and told them Happy Holidays and to pay it forward if they could. The expressions on their faces was priceless. It's an awesome feeling that matches nothing I've ever felt before. I don't have kids or been married, so something like that may top this. Why not give to your favorite charity? I think the difference between this and donating to a charity is that it's immediate and if you choose to do it in person, you actually see the person's gratitude. It's such a great feeling. If you do this, please post your good deeds below.

Thanks ya'll!

Q

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Pay it forward this holiday season and in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by quiche View Post
    Hey everyone,

I would first of all wish everyone a Happy Holiday season.

I think it would be a good idea for every stacker here, that has the means to do so, to pay it forward this holiday season and in 2008. It doesn't have to be big, a cup a coffee for the person standing in line behind you or even buying someones groceries. I bought a $20 Target gift card for the Target checker and for the person who was behind me in line and told them Happy Holidays and to pay it forward if they could. The expressions on their faces was priceless. It's an awesome feeling that matches nothing I've ever felt before. I don't have kids or been married, so something like that may top this. Why not give to your favorite charity? I think the difference between this and donating to a charity is that it's immediate and if you choose to do it in person, you actually see the person's gratitude. It's such a great feeling. If you do this, please post your good deeds below.

Thanks ya'll!

Q
    Good to see people like you are still around. Will do!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by quiche View Post
    ...I bought a $20 Target gift card for the Target checker and for the person who was behind me in line and told them Happy Holidays and to pay it forward if they could...
    very cool

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Pay it forward this holiday season and in 2008

I bought everything people came to sell me for charity in the last 2 months.
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Very cool guys! I hope this spreads throughout the stacks!

~via my fab 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Good thought. It is the season of giving.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Im buying lunch for the 8 guys that work for me tomorrow.... we having a little xmas party.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

I saved a bat... a hawk... and stray pup... does that count? Lol
    **TASH*

“Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war.”
    Maria Montessori <----- A very smart lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    I saved a bat... a hawk... and stray pup... does that count? Lol
    Hmmm...I guess it could apply to animals too. Lol!

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask

that's a really good idea

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Very nice... and it's catching on:

Marysville coffee drinkers pay it forward
    One person's good deed begets another, and another ...
    By Scott Pesznecker
    Herald Writer
    MARYSVILLE -- Lindsey Molstad of Stanwood was pleasantly surprised Wednesday afternoon when a man in a sports car with Texas plates paid for her vanilla latte and her daughters' hot chocolates.

She wasn't the first to receive the holiday cheer.

At the Starbucks on 116th Street NE in Marysville, a chain of more than 350 people bought coffee for the people in line behind them -- either in the drive-through or inside -- starting with a woman who first came in about 8 a.m.

"I think it's awesome," said Molstad, 28, who had just picked up her daughters on her way home from work. "I feel really bad because I ordered drinks for my kids, and the person behind me only had one."

Starbucks employee Michael Smith of Marysville was working the drive-through window when the first woman drove through and paid for the next customer.

When he explained to the next person what happened, that customer decided to pass the good will along, Starbucks shift supervisor Sarah Nix said.

Then the next person followed suit. And the next person. And the next person.

Once the chain picked up, Smith refused to leave the drive-through window. He saw it as a special trust given to him by that first customer.

"I'm really worried they're going to stop," he said Wednesday afternoon, after the chain surpassed 250 people.

During the holidays, it's not uncommon for customers to occasionally buy coffee for whomever is next in line, said Nix, who used to work at the Starbucks in Lake Stevens.

But she's never seen anything like this.

"I'm really shocked," Nix said. "This makes Christmas so much nicer, knowing people care."

Some customers went above and beyond paying for the next person, giving $15 or $20 to the coffee shop. Any extra money that isn't used to pay for drinks is planned to be used for Starbucks' holiday toy drive, Nix said.

Randy Davis, 49, of Camano Island read a newspaper at the Starbucks while sipping a cup of coffee someone else paid for. He said he's bought coffee for strangers before, but he's never heard of so many people paying it forward.

"It's a lot of people," said Davis, a science teacher at Marysville-Pilchuck High School. "It's kind of cool. It's neat to see that people still appreciate stuff like that."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/200...WS01/636551917

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, don't it?? Lol.

~via my fab 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    The person in front of my friend and I in the Starbucks drive-thru paid for our coffee this morning. When we drove up to the window and went to pay the cashier said, "The customer in front of you paid for your coffee and said Happy Thanksgiving." I was in shock and kept waiting for the cashier to say she was joking. After we drove off I realized I should have paid for the next persons order. We were so happy that this woman, who didn't even know us, did such a nice thing. We didn't pay for the person behind us but we wanted other people to experience what we did. When we went to get lunch there were three other people ordering, we paid for their orders and told them to do the same for someone else, if they could.

Yes, it was a great feeling the both receive and give such a thoughtful, selfless act .

Happy Holidays everyone!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    That's awesome! I had a similar thing happen @ Chick-Fil-A just yesterday, there were chains of people who did it, although I heard the chains never went more than 20 people or so.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Bassman, Thanks for bringing this post back from the dead. So who's in for paying it forward? I would be more than happy to do one this weekend. Who else in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast