Only in America can people talk about freedom of speech and then critisize the vary ... Stackers' Lounge forum

dtd509 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E2BF3F

only in America....

Advertisement

Only in America can people talk about freedom of speech and then critisize the vary point of free speech and expression when they read something they don't like! If you don't like what you are reading then close the window and read something else! That's your right just like its someone elses right to post it. If your too much of a baby to handle what you are reading then go somewhere else! Closing of threads is utterly ridiculous!!!

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Re: only in America....

Um, I'm not agreeing with the closing threads is ridiculous part... Because this is a community, and different people find different things offensive. So when something can be borderline I understand why it would be closed.

But I'm all for the freedom of speech part...

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~long and the short of it is, it's not a public forum. It's privately owned, so they can edit or delete as they like. I've posted just as much off topic stuff as anyone, probably more, but could what I post draw negative attention to the site and discourage advertisers as quickly as a thread containing overt sexual refrences, seemingly sympathetic views toward illegal activities, or the like (which as far as I know is the only stuff getting locked/deleted)? I don't think so. Am I happy with the way things are going right now? Not really, but instead of griping, I try to talk to the mods, find out the what's and why's, and attempt to make things better. Remember we have less than 20 people monitoring thousands of threads,and thousands of posts by what almost 2,000 registered users online at any given mobemy of the day and night. I'm sure any help we could give them by monitoring our own posts would go a LONG way toward evetone getting along better. Just my view on the matter.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Arent you contradicting yourself. Isnt it the forums owner/mods right to choose to delete a thread. Doesnt the owner of the forum and who he put in charge have the right to deem things inapproiate? I mean hey Bush uses his power to send away young people everyday to be killed. Everyone wants to bitch about losing there freedom of speech and there rights and blah blah blah. Well for starters ppl shouldnt have re-elected president dooch bag. Secondly your all bitching when it affects you, but did you bitch when ppl lost there radio jobs for what someone deemed inapproiate? Your bitching about your freedoms but what are you doing to change the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by dtd509
    Only in America can people talk about freedom of speech and then critisize the vary point of free speech and expression when they read something they don't like! If you don't like what you are reading then close the window and read something else! That's your right just like its someone elses right to post it. If your too much of a baby to handle what you are reading then go somewhere else! Closing of threads is utterly ridiculous!!!

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dtd if you don't like the rules of this website you have the option not to come here. But I wholeheartedly agree with the rules because I've been in plenty of MySpace groups or community websites where they allow people to post and say whatever they want and I've seen how ugly it can get.

Its not about limiting free speech, its about keeping the peace. This is not the place for passionate debates because those more often times than not wind up with name calling and slanders, and bottom line is this is not that kind of site.

As I said in your other thread, there doesn't have to be a cafe on this site, we are lucky Hayden has this area for those of us who like to slack off here....but this is a BLACKBERRY website and you should remember that is the purpose of this site, not for people to chat.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thread closed. Rules clearly state:
    If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, or have a question about an action, you may contact them [mods] via PM, or send a PM to the Admin (hayden).