Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've only called T-Mo once, and they were pretty helpful, but other than that, I ... Stackers' Lounge forum

DaBlackPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E4F2FD

Re: Online Communities...are we the exception?

Advertisement

I've only called T-Mo once, and they were pretty helpful, but other than that, I come to the real pros here on Pinstack!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    judging from your avatar, the "other online community" you're talking about is probably a vw forum. that's your problem. you're dealing with immature elitist pricks. you think the vw guys are bad try the subie forums (specifically nasioc). they are of the opinion that god created their cars by hand persoanlly and everything else is satan's child.
    Ha! close, but no cigar. Yeah, the Vortex is full of a bunch of elitist jackholes, but like a lot of car enthusiast sites its mostly young, dumb kids that like to think they know it all. Kinda like when we were young dumb kids and thought we knew it all.

No, the site I am referring to is for an outdoor game that I play with my son. There are no "rules" to the game, per se, just guidelines for interpretation. Unfortunately, it leads to several people on the forums who have become the self-appointed "rule makers", and they feel its their duty to belittle anyone who holds an opinion different than theirs.

A slightly different turn on the usual "you're an idiot because you don't agree with me" theme you tend to find in some places.

A quick follow up story to my thread lock request: The Mod who locked my thread told me he locked it because of my last comment on the thread. (I told them to quit beating a dead horse, in slightly stronger language) I replied back and asked him why it was my comment, and not the 8 pages of completely off topic rants and personal attacks, and why it took 8 pages before it happened. He told me that it "wasn't as bad as it used to be".

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the best part of communities like this is that there's such a great outlet of idea which circulate, allowing us to expand our minds by conversation which would otherwise be delayed, lost, or met with indifference. People speak in ways that just gets drowned out too often elsewhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123