Jimi Hendrix: A few years ago I met Valerie, a tall black woman, quite stunning... ... Stackers' Lounge forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

On famous musicians

Advertisement

Jimi Hendrix:

A few years ago I met Valerie, a tall black woman, quite stunning... professor at UCLA. She had studied at Cal [UC Berkeley] in the 60's, and while there she had been living in a Haight-Ashbury area building - next floor to a yet unknown Jimi Hendrix.

Can you imagine what it is like, trying to study while, say, "Purple Haze" is being played 50 times over?

She never spoke to him... until one day he stopped her in the stairs

-- So, sister... do you like my music?

-- I HATE IT!!!!

Be thankful she didn't wring his throat too, you would never have heard of him

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Re: On famous musicians

^^awesome story!

Jimi Hendrix was born Johnny Allen Hendrix on November 27, 1942. On September 11, 1946, James Marshall Hendrix became Jimi's official name. Jimi was discovered by Chas Chandler, bass player for The Animals. Chas became Jimi's manager, and shortly thereafter Jimi formed The Experience with Noel Redding on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums. The group released their first single, Hey Joe, on December 13, 1966. In May of 1967, the group released their first album, Are you experienced? Jimi Hendrix died on September 18 1970.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

PIN/ID
    244F596F

He never got to be 30

Valerie is gone too. I saw the obit in the papers a few years ago.

Rock on.

PIN/ID
    305DA705

So sad that someone that great coudnt finish his career. He was barely in his prime. Supposedly he was so drugged and drunk that he choked on his own vomit.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Yeah, I read that somewhere... bad idea to be doing drugs alone.

Is it true he was playing the guitar with his lips once and almost got electrocuted?

PIN/ID
    305DA705

I never heard that...I been searching the internet but havent found anything yet

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

PIN/ID
    305DA705

Hendrix had been staying in London since cutting short a European tour with his band after bass player Billy Cox fell ill with stress and exhaustion.
    They were among the headline acts at the three-day Love and Peace Festival at Insel Fehrmarn in Germany.
    The concert was not an entire success. A torrential downpour meant Hendrix postponed his performance by a day and the audience was disrupted by fighting and gunfire between rival German motorcycle gangs who eventually burned the stage to the ground.

He had spent the night with his German girlfriend, Monika Dannemann, and likely died in bed after drinking wine and taking nine Vesperax sleeping pills, then asphyxiating on his own vomit.
    Last edited by clarkkent51ny; 01-21-2008 at 07:17 PM.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net