BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

Clean slate. That's what we need here.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have nothing but time on my hands and would gladly donate a large amount of time if Management is willing

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C
    Hi there. I used to frequent these forums a lot when I used to be a BlackBerry technician. I don't own a blackberry anymore, but the knowledge that I gained and the friends I made back then made me want to return so here I am and I'm not going anywhere I used a Samsung Galaxy S4 with bbm on it

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by charmed View Post
    Hi there. I used to frequent these forums a lot when I used to be a BlackBerry technician. I don't own a blackberry anymore, but the knowledge that I gained and the friends I made back then made me want to return so here I am and I'm not going anywhere I used a Samsung Galaxy S4 with bbm on it
    Welcome back! I remember you. There are still a couple of people using BlackBerry here but most of us have moved on. I'm on a Note 3 myself.

You should contact some of those friends and have them come back as well! The more the marrier!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Welcome back Charmed!

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C
    Thanks everyone. I have tried contacting some of the friends I made on here to come back, but almost everyone has moved on. I do think this site needs some revamping maybe the web design and layout. I wish I had the experience. I would have liked to help out. I'm in school for I.T myself. I have a long way to go.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed View Post
    Thanks everyone. I have tried contacting some of the friends I made on here to come back, but almost everyone has moved on. I do think this site needs some revamping maybe the web design and layout. I wish I had the experience. I would have liked to help out. I'm in school for I.T myself. I have a long way to go.
    Ha! You're preachin' to the choir, sister. We've been trying to make this happen for a couple of years. Which reminds me.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know the history, and I am just a tech idiot, but my take my have a different perspective. Yes, there are far less BB users than there once was. However, there are still users out there, and where do they go? Sure, I don't know about what resources they have, where they can go, etc. -- but this place is better than most if not all.

That said, go streamline -- get focused on OS, specific models, BBES, accessories, rumors, future devices, etc.; and while I know a lot of that is covered here, get more focused on it. It's better to have fewer rooms with less people than a boatload of rooms with even fewer. Get cutting edge news and post it here. People will flock to that, and next thing you know, they are reading and joining a discussion on that cutting edge news. Are there any BB ee's here? I am not talking about breaching any confidentiality here -- but some current or recent developments that isn't so much out there that everyone knows.

Get a hard-core group of high-end people here and that's your new starting point.

Thanks.

Problem is, the "high-end" people are already firmly ensconced at the likes of XDA (Android Forum), Android Central, etc, and whatever the top iOS forums are. We definitely have some talent here, but just like what happened here, it would take something really serious to pull people away.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Problem is, the "high-end" people are already firmly ensconced at the likes of XDA (Android Forum), Android Central, etc, and whatever the top iOS forums are. We definitely have some talent here, but just like what happened here, it would take something really serious to pull people away.
    Sure, I hear that, and I agree. I don't think you need some really serious to pull them away -- I think you need something small, interesting, just to get them to visit. You aren't trying to get them to bail, jump ship and join you. That's moving the earth off its axis. But, try to get people to pop in, stop by, just look, etc. -- that's far easier. One hook, one interesting thing, etc. Now they stop in for a reason, and next think you know -- it's more and more. It's organic, it develops over time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12