Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Why people do not participate in this forum ?... Stackers' Lounge forum

rosemerry no está en línea Stack level 1

Not enough visitors

Advertisement

Why people do not participate in this forum ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good question, Rose. Invite your friends.
    Delfim and chokem like this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    One reason is possible when you Google search, PinStack may still be associated with BlackBerry, which no one I know personally here owns.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Now, now Glenn, dushdvj, bmanley, kdaddy at least these buddies will have your hide!

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Hmmm

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Here is the central Arkansas area. I'm well aware that there are BB users on the Stacks, I should have been clearer.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

As i hoped only a bunch of loyal young guyz replied

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemerry View Post
    Why people do not participate in this forum ?
    Here's my take and I wish I could change it. BlackBerry development is dead, I mean why would you so that just leaves a few tech questions here and there. iPhone development is locked up elsewhere mostly in the Apple Market. Android development and questions can be found mainly at XDA and the apps go to the play store.

It is really hard to compete with XDA as far as Android, alot of the developers and members are sharp, rude, but very good at what they do and most sites get their information or refer you to XDA.

Therefor it's very hard to lure the types of developers or serious techies to the Stack. There is years and years of posts to a not updated and tough layout here.

As I see it, PinStack is a vast information center and if the user can find there answer or get it quickly they are gone before we know it.

Even way back in 2006 before It started developing, I came got the answers I was looking for and left. I knew where to go when I needs help. Then I got involved and here I am today.

Just thoughts from an old fart with what I think still rattling around and breaking up the dust particles in my empty head

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You're pretty spot on, Craig. With the advent of Facebook and Twitter, I see many old members there more than here. They apparently don't have quite the nostalgia the rest of us have, which is too bad. Had they stuck around here more, it may have been different. Who knows. All I know is that I'd gladly go down with the ship.
    PapaMag likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Go down with the ship? No ways Rog. If something that drastic is foreseen we all would rally under the same banner somewhere else. Just a word from you and we'd all jump ship. What's this of going down? Tsk...!
    PapaMag likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I agree Del we will be here til the bitter end, but life isn't over if PinStack were to fold. VBulletin is not as bad as it seems, I don't believe that this version has been updated to the latest and greatest plus there's even Suite 5 now, but never the less I know we would figure something out. It would be interesting to see how PinStack is set up behind the scenes. I've spent alot of time in the back end and we all know there is so much junk really from years past.

I have a lot of questions as to why and how but I guess it doen't matter really

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You're pretty spot on, Craig. With the advent of Facebook and Twitter, I see many old members there more than here. They apparently don't have quite the nostalgia the rest of us have, which is too bad. Had they stuck around here more, it may have been different. Who knows. All I know is that I'd gladly go down with the ship.
    I am completely agree with you RogerG. Social media is the main stream media now. People are more active there than here. I think the time of community forum is over unless they come up with a new idea.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I know from one instance that Google+ is a big draw. I have noticed that a lot of developers for android have chose this method for distributing and communicating for their product

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    My opinion. The while site needs a revamp. It looks like it's from the BB days. I know that's no ones fault here but it's one of the main reasons it doesn't have more support or participation. I disagree about XDA. That site sucks. It has a lot of knowledge for sure but it's as bad of not worse than navigating this site. The only reason it stays up is it's focused on one OS.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by BP41 View Post
    My opinion. The while site needs a revamp. It looks like it's from the BB days. I know that's no ones fault here but it's one of the main reasons it doesn't have more support or participation. I disagree about XDA. That site sucks. It has a lot of knowledge for sure but it's as bad of not worse than navigating this site. The only reason it stays up is it's focused on one OS.
    Wasn't saying that XDA was a good example, I was referring to drawing the developers away from there to here. There site is the pits as well but I still think that's because alot with here there is too much junk stored to sift through

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast