- TOP STORIES - N. Korea Reports 1st Nuclear Arms Test By DAVID E. SANGER ... Stackers' Lounge forum

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

North Korea!

Advertisement

- TOP STORIES -

N. Korea Reports 1st Nuclear Arms Test
    By DAVID E. SANGER
    North Korea became the eighth country in history, and
    arguably the most unstable and most dangerous, to join the
    club of nuclear weapons states.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/09/wo...html?th&emc=th

Pretty scarey if you ask me.

kwyjibo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: North Korea!

We knew about this risk 4 years ago, yet the decision was made to attack a country that had zero threat to us.
    Our enemies are watching us as our resources for defense are slowly dwindling......

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Zero threat is taking it down a notch or two too far. The UN proved to the world that the Iraqi government, under the control of Saddam Hussein et al, were harboring Al Qaeda terrorists, and funding thier terror training camps. So yeah, they were a threat, probably not an immediate one, but a threat none the less. I would hate to think that another 9/11 could happen because the United States Government sat on critical information regarding terrorist plots, AGAIN, that could have possibly come out of Iraq.

Anyway this isn't about that, it's about N. Korea, and yeah, it's kinda scarey.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

I agree....I would expand on my comments about the present administration but I don't want to start a political war on this website!! lol!!

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

Quote Originally Posted by naibor
    I agree....I would expand on my comments about the present administration but I don't want to start a political war on this website!! lol!!
    Likewise.... Dont get me started lol.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Luckily for myself, I just left South Korea in August (after a 1 year tour)...just as North Korea was gearing up to start their testing. Needless to say, on my base it was business as usual...no one was really frantic, but our vigilance was and always will be 100%

WP'06

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I applaude the world powers for condeming this testing from N.K. However it makes me very nervous that both Iran and Syria have not said anything.... They have alot to benefit from North Korea's successful testing.... Scarry, very scarry
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve