Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Who's everyone rooting for? Who do you think will win? Overall I'm rooting for the ... Stackers' Lounge forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

NHL Playoffs

Advertisement

Who's everyone rooting for? Who do you think will win?

Overall I'm rooting for the Rangers...

My first round picks:
    Rangers over Atlanta (in 5 or 6)
    Tampa Bay over the "We can't win without Brodeur"'s in 6
    Buffalo over the Icelanders in 4
    Ottawa/Crosby and Co.. can't pick it.. I think Ottawa in 7

Detroit over Calgary in 4
    Anaheim over Minnesota in 5
    Vancouver over Dallas in 6
    San Jose over Nashville in 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: NHL Playoffs

i 'root' for Dallas - born and raised (and stolen from MN)

GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-10-2007 at 05:32 PM.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    i 'root' for Dallas - born and raised (and stolen from MN)

GO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not stolen, given...

We didn't want them anymore, and now we have the Wild...

GO WILD!!!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Penguins all the way baby!! 2007 is our year! Go Crosby and Co.!!!!

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Common folks, everyone knows it's our year! If it hadn't been for all the injuries on defense last year we would have beaten Carolina and went on to win the cup. Go Sabres!!!!

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    Common folks, everyone knows it's our year! If it hadn't been for all the injuries on defense last year we would have beaten Carolina and went on to win the cup. Go Sabres!!!!
    Please, please, PLEASE sweep the Asslanders...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Who's everyone rooting for? Who do you think will win?

Overall I'm rooting for the Rangers...

My first round picks:
    Rangers over Atlanta (in 5 or 6)
    Tampa Bay over the "We can't win without Brodeur"'s in 6
    Buffalo over the Icelanders in 4
    Ottawa/Crosby and Co.. can't pick it.. I think Ottawa in 7

Detroit over Calgary in 4
    Anaheim over Minnesota in 5
    Vancouver over Dallas in 6
    San Jose over Nashville in 6
    what makes you think that tampa bay is going to take down the devils in 6? if the devs stay healthy then nj takes the series. if they can't stay healthy, then there's a problem, even with brodeur in net. sounds like someone is still a little bitter about the fact that the rangers got swept in the first round last year by the devils. i honestly do think the rangers can take the series against atlanta in 6 games because i think the rangers are a way better team then they were last year. i don't like the rangers but i give credit where credit is due. they're a good team going into the playoffs. i'm just glad the flyers didn't make it.
    Practicing without a degree
    .44 caliber brain surgery

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Please, please, PLEASE sweep the Asslanders...
    It should be an interesting series against our old coach and old players such as satan. Their backup goalie has been red hot but if we get to him early it should be over in 5. Then again, I take nothing for granted. My 42# LCD is being delivered today just in time for the playoffs!!!

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by scmurphy13
    what makes you think that tampa bay is going to take down the devils in 6? if the devs stay healthy then nj takes the series. if they can't stay healthy, then there's a problem, even with brodeur in net. sounds like someone is still a little bitter about the fact that the rangers got swept in the first round last year by the devils. i honestly do think the rangers can take the series against atlanta in 6 games because i think the rangers are a way better team then they were last year. i don't like the rangers but i give credit where credit is due. they're a good team going into the playoffs. i'm just glad the flyers didn't make it.
    No.. no lingering effects of last years debacle.. I've hated the Devils long before they crushed us last year.

I think (and have always felt) the Devils are only as good as Brodeur, and as good as he's ben this year - they were 1-3 vs Tampa Bay - Lecavalier and St. Louis are threats... Also - Lou claims he fired the coach because they "weren't focused" - I'm sorry, but what makes him think that a week later, all of a sudden they'll get thier "focus" back? I don't think its that simple or else Julien would have been able to do it.
    And then theres the injuries - I'm guessing they'll all be ready to go for Thursday, but no one knows if they are at 100%...

It all depends on Marty - maybe he'll sleep with his sister-in-law again for a little boost heading into the series and that'll be the motivation he needs and stands on his head - no doubt he can win the series all by himself, but I think the rest of the team can lose it.

As for the Rangers - I may look back in a week and think "I shouldn't have wished for this", but between NJ, TB and Atlanta, I think we got the best oppontent for us. The Rangers have been on a roll - especially Lundqvist, and like Brodeur - he can win it himself. The Thrashers have a 1st timer in goal, and while Holik will probably shut down Jagr, I think they've been good enough on offense to score 2-3 per night at least... I have more confidence vs Atlanta than I would have against either of the other 2 teams they could have played.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    It should be an interesting series against our old coach and old players such as satan. Their backup goalie has been red hot but if we get to him early it should be over in 5. Then again, I take nothing for granted. My 42# LCD is being delivered today just in time for the playoffs!!!
    I dont think they'll have too hard of a time with the Islanders.. Dubie did play really well, but the Sabres are just too good.. I think game 1 is huge - if the Islanders do somehow win, they'd be bursting with confidence and then who knows.. but if Buffalo puts them in thier place early I think it'll be over quick.

Congrats on the 42" LCD... Hopefully its HD too.. Theres nothing better than hockey in HD!
    Last edited by hls811; 04-11-2007 at 11:04 AM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I dont think they'll have too hard of a time with the Islanders.. Dubie did play really well, but the Sabres are just too good.. I think game 1 is huge - if the Islanders do somehow win, they'd be bursting with confidence and then who knows.. but if Buffalo puts them in thier place early I think it'll be over quick.

Congrats on the 42" LCD... Hopefully its HD too.. Theres nothing better than hockey in HD!
    Thanks. Yah, it is HD. I can't wait to see the games in such clairity. I'm sure I'll be ducking pucks!

scmurphy13 no está en línea Stack level 3

i honestly couldn't tell you who has a chance to win it this year. being in washington, i don't get much of a chance to watch devils games, let alone any other games. obviously i want the devils to win but who knows. firing julien with 3 games left was a bit odd, but lou knows what he's doing...i hope. whatever. i'm behind the devils all the way.
    Practicing without a degree
    .44 caliber brain surgery

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

Man, what a game. 4 OT's and had to loose like that. I still think my Stars will win the series.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler2k
    Man, what a game. 4 OT's and had to loose like that. I still think my Stars will win the series.
    That was a great game, back and forth. I love the NHL playoffs!

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

"Matteau! Matteau! Stephan Matteau!!!!"

That was the last (2)OT playoff game I recall watching, and I was so on the edge of my seat the entire time... Its been a long time for us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast