Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay. So I haven't been able to log on for a bit and now I ... Stackers' Lounge forum

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional

New Layout

Advertisement

Okay. So I haven't been able to log on for a bit and now I see why. Not sure if I dig the new layout or not. Curious to hear other thoughts on it. Change is good.....sometimes. I guess I just need time to get used to it. Or as 9 of 13 would say "assimilate".
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Aesthetically pleasing to me in both the desktop and WAP sites. Have yet to navigate my way throught the new layout.
    "Out of Small Things Proceedeth That which is Great."

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I guess its okay, but there are still a few Kinks that need working out. When I press Home it tells me I don't have permission to view...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Permissions error should be fixed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I guess its okay, but there are still a few Kinks that need working out. When I press Home it tells me I don't have permission to view...

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Actually I like it, well for the most part. It looks great, and the ability to do, and see so much more than you could on the old layout. The ONLY thing that I think might take some time getting used to us the simplicity of it. The old layout was extremely simple and basic. Of course you didn't have nearly the functionality that you have with this new layout. Oh, let me clarify, when I say simplicity, what I am refering to us, for me, on my little pearl, the old layout was extermly basic and simple to navigate. Meaning it was smaller and more compact. And with such a small screen like the pearl has, it was a plus. But honestly, other than that, I love the new look!
    Dream as if you'll live forever, but live as if you'll die today-James Dean

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Well?.............. This is my first post with the new digs. I think it was time for a new look but I thought that a long time ago anyway.
    I will have to look around a bit b4 I can say 4 sure. I hope the iP browser still works the same? I really liked that and it was so easy to move around and see things.

Over-all it's much more professional looking and seems better on the eyes.
    Last edited by srl7741; 03-26-2010 at 03:30 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    As with all things new, it'll take a little getting used to, but I like the new look!

Thanks for all your hard work, Hayden!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Definitely like the new look Hayden. How about throwing the old "Unanswered Threads" link back in. I used that quite a bit to find questions from users so I could respond faster.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Like the new look on the desktop hayden but the access from the BB still has some kinks.....e.g. I can't log on from my BB.....user name link is there but no password link.....although I'm sure it will be addressed and fixed soon.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

PIN/ID
    ask
    Working on this
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Definitely like the new look Hayden. How about throwing the old "Unanswered Threads" link back in. I used that quite a bit to find questions from users so I could respond faster.

PIN/ID
    ask
    mobile next. thx

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm finding it has a much better flow. It's much easier to navigate and see everything. I would love to see a wide screen version again. 1/2 my screen is blank or gray. The left/right sides of my screen could use some PS love.

The front page is awesome. I like the different shades of color.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I like the look and feel of it from my laptop hayden......it looks more professional and smooth.....but really hope you address the mobile sign-on asap....as I indicated earlier....there is no place to input the password for my 8900.....I end up with the "wrong password or sign on" message as I can only input BestWitted.....checked with my brother who is on Tmobile and has a 9700.....same story with him.

Edit:
    OK....I replied to a subscription thread and this page had a box for both sign-on and password. However, the issue I described above still exists but I was able to finally sign on and it remembered my log on but while i really like the look and feel of the new layout here on the laptop.....I'm not so fond of it on my BB and here is why......

I believe we had a capability similar to the present BB display if we changed our BB settings from BB to Internet Explorer....tried it once and put it back on BB and never looked back....the BB setting provided a much quicker access to the threads without all the ancillary information (quotes, posts, photos, etc.) and the font appeared larger on my BB as well.

Currently, there is a lot of dead space now (referring to BB display) and it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff as it were as there appears to be a significant amount of extraneous information in each thread with space between it and the next line.......and that, coupled with the smaller font, makes it much more difficult to follow the thread and responses......I would prefer the option of allowing my BB to peruse the threads using the previous display format.....my initial and humble first impression and opinion....
    Last edited by BestWitted; 03-26-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: additional information
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I fear change....and await the mobile change for my PS mobile app....it doesnt work so nice at the moment......
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Like it on the iPhone. Maybe the thread font could be a little bigger.
    But it is Friday night so might be just me.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast