I recently ordered a new debit card from Bank of America, I didn't receive it ... Stackers' Lounge forum

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need help on unauthorized debit online purchase?

Advertisement

I recently ordered a new debit card from Bank of America, I didn't receive it but I did see that I was charged $12 for a purchase made online which I don't recall charging, Is there a way to find out if someone used a debit card that was activated not by the original owner.

Is there a way to find out via online who the person was? or just do the typical file a fraud claim to my bank

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: Need help on unauthorized debit online purchase?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You need to call bank of America and dispute the charge. They'll investigate and if they find that you didn't have the card then you'll get reimbursed.

My debit card was stolen at a club and I was able to get my money back. Also my husband is a senior fraud analyst dealing with credit card fraud and they always recommend calling your bank to dispute the charges.

Also you may want them to issue you a new account because someone might have gotten your banking information and you don't want it to happen again.

It could also be a banking error where they deducted the charges from the wrong account....so basically call BOA and inform them that you want to contest the charge.

Good luck!!